Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-29-2015, 09:33 AM   #15
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-10 View Post
I have it on my current ride, but honestly after playing with it 4 years ago, I never touch it.
That's because you have it where you want it!
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:59 AM   #16
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Never used it on any car i owned, I have a troublesome lower back and I always felt the lumbar support made it worse.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:20 PM   #17
jkemp16

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
Bought a 2015 Challenger...has lumbar support.
Test drove a 2015 Mustang...has lumbar support.

2015 Impalas have lumber support, why not the Camaro? Guess I'll wait til 2017 to consider switching back to the Camaro. Hopefully they add this option...
jkemp16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:27 PM   #18
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp23rockstar View Post
I agree but then they add a gimmick like a light show. It just seems weird that they prioritize a light show demo over lumbar support.
from a development sandpoint i find this incredibly stupid and also amazing as well
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:59 PM   #19
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Being a 6'5" giant, even if I wanted this, it is always in the wrong spot for my back. I always hope cars with them allow me to make them go away.
I'm only 6'1" and I'm right there with you. "Great I have lumbar adjustment.... Wait a second.... Why is it hitting my hips?". "Hmm.... Why does it feel like there is a bar pushing against the middle of my back?"

I have never driven a car with lumbar support that was "right". Best cars I have driven simply have additional foam in the lumbar area to somewhat conform to the body.

Worst seats force the back to bow and ignore the lower back entirely.

Quite a few people have sat in the camaros at this point.

How is the lower back support? Is there decent padding at the lower back? Does the seat conform to the natural curve or is the lower back support non-existent?

Good lumbar support could be had by a rubber air bladder that fits in the lumbar section of the seat. To make it truly functional make the air bladder height adjustable. Much like a good office chair. Similarly, when will memory foam become a thing in car seats?

Last edited by GTIanZ28; 10-29-2015 at 10:10 PM.
GTIanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:08 PM   #20
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
I'm surprised the Recaros did not make a comeback for the new Gen.... Perhaps they are waiting until the 2017 1LE/ZL1 to release them..... not very fair to folks that want the car this year....
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:42 AM   #21
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
I've always thought of adjustable lumbar support as kinda gimmicky. Kinda like the early 90's pontiacs you could independently adjust the height of each leg. But hey, if it makes you more comfortable, then it has value.

I find the lumbar support in my '15 to be fine, no need for adjustment.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 05:21 PM   #22
V8s4ever

Drives: 2000 Pontiac Formula Firehawk
Aftermarket Power Lumbar Support

Rostra (an OEM supplier) makes an add-on powered pneumatic lumbar support. It lists a rear mount (between the springs and seat foam) for the 2015 Camaro. There is also a Toyota rear mount kit. We will need to check which bladder fits the best. For you tall people, you can position it as needed. It looks like there is enough room on the Camaro seat control panel to mount the switch. They sell a separate tool to make a rectangular hole for the switch. For 12V, I will probably T-tap the wires going to the accessory power port on the console.
V8s4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:07 PM   #23
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Lets be clear. Every seat has lumbar support. What you are seemingly wanting is the ability to adjust it.

In a good seat, most people will not need to adjust lumbar.

That being said, top end (BMW and Cadillac) offer what I believe are 20 or more way adjustable seats which include adjustable lumbar. But the Recaro in the CTS-V actually is "only" a 16 way. I believe this massive amount of adjustment is beyond lumbar adjustment and includes adjustable seat back angle mid-back.

fore/aft
up/down
cushion tilt
back recline
headrest up/down
cushion extension back/forth
seat bolster wing tight/wide
lumbar
mid back angle

There's 18

20 way may have lumbar adjustment low and high. So even MOHR lumbar adjustment.

Also, two there are 2 types of adjustable lumbar. 1 is the ability to inflate a bladder which adds additional shape to the seat back. 2 is the ability move that existing support up and down. My Audi S4 had that. Took me a while to figure it out as you couldn't really feel the change and I was expecting the bladder type.

Realistically, I have used the adjustment very little in cars that have really good seats. Now with seats that aren't comfortable on a long haul, I've had to use it.

I'll wait and see how good the seats are.

Last edited by Number 3; 10-31-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote