Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-06-2017, 04:33 PM   #1
Meteorma

Drives: Camaro ss
Life around you

So I've had my 2ss for a bit (6 mons) , first muscle car/sports car what ever you like. Few things I've notice and let's go with positive first, it's a head turner, girls try to throw themselves in the bag at the drive thru window, it's very fast. Now the negative it's a head turner, I've almost been side swiped a hand full of times people looking at it and almost driving into me , I've notice every 4cyl sedan feels they need to try and keep up with you, if you pass someone putting along say 30 in a 55 they then get speed envy and feel they need to speed up and ride your ass. I've been nearly ass holed 4 times ,not sure if my red tint coat is the wrong red or the turn signals are not bright enough or my brake lights only work sometimes but damn I'll own a Ferrari yet from the future law suit . ������, just kinda venting and wondering if shit just follows me or if anyone else is or has experienced this stuff, I assume this happens to corvette owners As Well or any other stand out non run of the mill car .
Meteorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:26 PM   #2
Cornholio
I need Teepee!

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Damn you are shallow.
Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:43 PM   #3
Red Devil's Rebel

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS V6/A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
Damn you are shallow.
Wow.
Damn, you are incredibly rude, and just plain inaccurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteorma View Post
So I've had my 2ss for a bit (6 mons) , first muscle car/sports car what ever you like. Few things I've notice and let's go with positive first, it's a head turner, girls try to throw themselves in the bag at the drive thru window, it's very fast. Now the negative it's a head turner, I've almost been side swiped a hand full of times people looking at it and almost driving into me , I've notice every 4cyl sedan feels they need to try and keep up with you, if you pass someone putting along say 30 in a 55 they then get speed envy and feel they need to speed up and ride your ass. I've been nearly ass holed 4 times ,not sure if my red tint coat is the wrong red or the turn signals are not bright enough or my brake lights only work sometimes but damn I'll own a Ferrari yet from the future law suit . ������, just kinda venting and wondering if shit just follows me or if anyone else is or has experienced this stuff, I assume this happens to corvette owners As Well or any other stand out non run of the mill car .
Meteorma - you are not alone. I remember observations like yours being the subject a a few threads.
check these out if you haven't seen them yet:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446647
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491506
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488885
Old 05-06-2017, 09:23 PM   #4
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
My brain hurts badly after reading that post. I'm guessing it was done on a phone since you tried to insert emojis. As Red Devil said, there's already tons of threads for general venting, the top one probably being the best place, since its entitled, "Anyone getting compliments or negative remarks on your cars?"
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:18 PM   #5
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteorma View Post

Some of your observations are spot on.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:39 PM   #6
Meteorma

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
My brain hurts badly after reading that post. I'm guessing it was done on a phone since you tried to insert emojis. As Red Devil said, there's already tons of threads for general venting, the top one probably being the best place, since its entitled, "Anyone getting compliments or negative remarks on your cars?"
That wouldn't really fit what I was talking about
Old 05-06-2017, 10:46 PM   #7
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
Suggest you sell it as the negatives seem dangerous.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:49 AM   #8
Meteorma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSHYBOY View Post
Suggest you sell it as the negatives seem dangerous.
Are you looking to buy one Jesus?
Old 05-07-2017, 10:44 PM   #9
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Your right often you have to no when to hold back and no when to light them up ! I.e. Mustangs Erving at me I can never turn down but when people ride your ass brake early and slow down let them pass
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:46 AM   #10
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
your experiences are spot on with what i've run into. I've owned nice cars in the past but my 50th anniversary seems to draw a lot more attention. On two separate occasions I've been approached at gas stations by people that just wanted to talk and look at the car. I have had a bunch of people take pics of the car while i'm driving and have almost been hit once by a kid staring at me while we were going around a corner.

Other cars do seem to want to play much more often. I find it entertaining when some kid in his fart can mobile wants to race. All very irritating really. Interestingly Mustangs don't even try. I think they know better. Quick funny story and NO this isn't racing as it takes 2 cars to race and I was simply driving home. Coming home from the office on Friday I had a kid in an accord coupe stopped beside me at the light. The light changed and I pulled away like I normally do. Mr. Fart can was beating the poor Accord for everything it was worth and stayed right beside me up to the limit of 55mph. Stopped at the next light and the kid was motioning for me to roll down my window so naturally I did. He was all excited because he "kept up" with a Camaro in a race. I congratulated him and rolled my window up. You know what happened in Mexico next Best part is that I didn't even break the speed limit.

As for the ladies. Only had one that I didn't already know really take interest but it was funny as she walked up to the window while I was at a stop light and started asking questions. I have noticed that ladies that I already know have taken a huge interest in it. My buddy posted a pic of the car on FB and shortly after it got out that it was my car the texts started happening. I think that a lot of ladies don't know that the Camaro is affordable or they don't even know what it is and tend to that its more expense that it really is.

Last edited by init4fun; 05-08-2017 at 10:06 AM.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #11
gw6211

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
your experiences are spot on with what i've run into. I've owned nice cars in the past but my 50th anniversary seems to draw a lot more attention. On two separate occasions I've been approached at gas stations by people that just wanted to talk and look at the car. I have had a bunch of people take pics of the car while i'm driving and have almost been hit once by a kid staring at me while we were going around a corner.

Other cars do seem to want to play much more often. I find it entertaining when some kid in his fart can mobile wants to race. All very irritating really. Interestingly Mustangs don't even try. I think they know better. Quick funny story and NO this isn't racing as it takes 2 cars to race and I was simply driving home. Coming home from the office on Friday I had a kid in an accord coupe stopped beside me at the light. The light changed and I pulled away like I normally do. Mr. Fart can was beating the poor Accord for everything it was worth and stayed right beside me up to the limit of 55mph. Stopped at the next light and the kid was motioning for me to roll down my window so naturally I did. He was all excited because he "kept up" with a Camaro in a race. I congratulated him and rolled my window up. You know what happened in Mexico next Best part is that I didn't even break the speed limit.

As for the ladies. Only had one that I didn't already know really take interest but it was funny as she walked up to the window while I was at a stop light and started asking questions. I have noticed that ladies that I already know have taken a huge interest in it. My buddy posted a pic of the car on FB and shortly after it got out that it was my car the texts started happening. I think that a lot of ladies don't know that the Camaro is affordable or they don't even know what it is and tend to that its more expense that it really is.
she walked up to your window while you were at a stop light? Prostitute, not your car, she was looking to turn a trick...
gw6211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:28 AM   #12
Bow Tie Affair

Drives: 6th. Gen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
Your right often you have to no when to hold back and no when to light them up ! I.e. Mustangs Erving at me I can never turn down but when people ride your ass brake early and slow down let them pass
The Mustangs' won't leave me alone. The last thing they see are my tail lights!
Bow Tie Affair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:32 AM   #13
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by gw6211 View Post
she walked up to your window while you were at a stop light? Prostitute, not your car, she was looking to turn a trick...
Nah... Just some girl that liked the car. It was the middle of the morning on a Sunday in the middle of suburbia. Having lived in southern CA. for a short time I've seen hookers walk up to cars and this wasn't that. Although technically the end result might have been the same.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:40 AM   #14
KenH.

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 NPP MRC
The last drive through girl that tried to jump into the bag had no teeth ... still I considered it.
KenH. is offline   Reply With Quote