Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-03-2016, 10:26 PM   #1
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
2016 Camaro SS GoPro Dash Mount Location (Share Your Setup)

One thing I will say is the mounting position of the rear view mirror is much more favorable for a GoPro to be mounted.

I have a GoPro 4 Silver with a suction cup mount and some extra swivels so I can get that perfect angle. But mounting it up to the headliner is now possible just dead center of the window.

While in the car driving it isn't really a bother to my field of view like it was in my 5th gen.

Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:42 PM   #2
BlkReaper

Drives: 2016 2ss
Just picked up a 4 silver yesterday. I haven't been able to use it because my SD card is compatible or something but I'll be picking up the gopro SD card and mounting mine like your occasionally.
BlkReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:17 AM   #3
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Not sure what you're purpose of the GoPro is, but if it's for the same purpose as a dash camera, I installed mine by clamping it on to the rear view mirror and the wires go up through the roof liner near the windshield, then down the side passenger inside that panel continuing down to the floor and tucking it under the plastic near the passenger seat, then under the passenger seat to the 12v. Stuffed some foam weatherstripping in the roof liner to assure the wires don't hang down while driving (learned from laziness to secure it once and for all).

Absolutely love my setup; no blocking my line of sight, it stays in place secure, and don't see any wires. Only downside is having the charger sticking out like four inches from the port all the time..the car really could have used another one..when will they learn.
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:11 AM   #4
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Andrew View Post
Not sure what you're purpose of the GoPro is, but if it's for the same purpose as a dash camera, I installed mine by clamping it on to the rear view mirror and the wires go up through the roof liner near the windshield, then down the side passenger inside that panel continuing down to the floor and tucking it under the plastic near the passenger seat, then under the passenger seat to the 12v. Stuffed some foam weatherstripping in the roof liner to assure the wires don't hang down while driving (learned from laziness to secure it once and for all).

Absolutely love my setup; no blocking my line of sight, it stays in place secure, and don't see any wires. Only downside is having the charger sticking out like four inches from the port all the time..the car really could have used another one..when will they learn.
I use it for track days and on the exterior of the car for videos. Overall not something I want mounted all the time.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:08 PM   #5
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I'm going to use mine as the sledge is, I'm going to video my 1/4 mile passes in a couple weeks and there after.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote