Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-14-2022, 07:39 PM   #1
ZachU

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
LT4 fueling upgrade

Hey guys. I'm thinking about buying the LT4 upgrade kit from Wildhammer and thought I'd ask for any tips from other who have installed this kit. Does the kit come with the proper gaskets or do you need to measure to be sure? Anyone have any advice when installing the in tank pump, injectors or high pressure fuel pump? Will it need to be re-tuned? I'm assuming tuning will be needed just trying to get all my ducks in a row. After I installed the Procharger my tuner said I was out of fuel so I figured maybe it's time to upgrade for more fun later. Thanks in advance.

https://wildhammermotorsports.com/16...eneral-motors/
Old 08-14-2022, 07:58 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachU View Post
Hey guys. I'm thinking about buying the LT4 upgrade kit from Wildhammer and thought I'd ask for any tips from other who have installed this kit. Does the kit come with the proper gaskets or do you need to measure to be sure? Anyone have any advice when installing the in tank pump, injectors or high pressure fuel pump? Will it need to be re-tuned? I'm assuming tuning will be needed just trying to get all my ducks in a row. After I installed the Procharger my tuner said I was out of fuel so I figured maybe it's time to upgrade for more fun later. Thanks in advance.

https://wildhammermotorsports.com/16...eneral-motors/
Yes, you will absolutely need tuning changes since the LT4 high pressure system runs at 2900 psi vs 2175 psi for LT1 system. Your tuner should be able to make short work of that. There are a few tuning changes to the low side system too after putting in the LT4 in tank pump. I’d definitely suggest the JMS voltage booster at the same time.

Also, don’t forget to change the high pressure fuel lines under the intake manifold. They are single use and need to be changed every time that system gets taken apart.
Old 08-14-2022, 08:07 PM   #3
ZachU

Awesome! I appreciate those answers very much. I have HP tuners and a good friend with a dynojet. I'm not looking to gain HP here just go ahead and upgrade the system while I have the money to do so. I'll look at the voltage booster. Where is it installed on the car?
Old 08-14-2022, 08:21 PM   #4
Joshinator99

Quote:
Awesome! I appreciate those answers very much. I have HP tuners and a good friend with a dynojet. I'm not looking to gain HP here just go ahead and upgrade the system while I have the money to do so. I'll look at the voltage booster. Where is it installed on the car?
The JMS will have a harness that plugs into your pedal position sensor which allows the JMS to jump the fuel pump voltage when you go WOT. The JMS module itself usually goes into the trunk and intercepts the wire that feeds the in tank fuel pump. If you do a search there are a couple of good write ups on this forum that explain how to set it up. I don’t have a JMS anymore so my recollection is a bit fuzzy.
Old 08-14-2022, 08:22 PM   #5
ZachU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
The JMS will have a harness that plugs into your pedal position sensor which allows the JMS to jump the fuel pump voltage when you go WOT. The JMS module itself usually goes into the trunk and intercepts the wire that feeds the in tank fuel pump. If you do a search there are a couple of good write ups on this forum that explain how to set it up. I don’t have a JMS anymore so my recollection is a bit fuzzy.
Really appreciate the insight on this. Thank you.
Old 08-14-2022, 08:32 PM   #6
Trochoidal

Quote:
Hey Zach give these a read when you have some time.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552426

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=553575

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569721

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536723

Maybe watch this too:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XOYilN...ature=youtu.be

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 09:17 PM   #7
Joshinator99

Quote:
Really appreciate the insight on this. Thank you.