Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-04-2016, 06:37 AM   #351
nvrsatisfied

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Maybe your right this will have an impact. But for me even with the 0% and GM employee discount I can't bring myself to pull the trigger. Maybe the 1LE package will make the car look better to me and I can take the jump, but for now it is sit and wait along with many others it seems.

Now the 16's powertrain in the 15 1LE package, I would have one sitting in my garage now
I'm pretty sure with your last statement, you will have a Gen6 1LE in your future
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:37 AM   #352
2011shelby

Drives: 2011ShelbyGT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28guy30 View Post
I already included leg room, but yes the Mustang does have more trunk space. It isn't that bad though...I can fit over $200 worth of groceries in the trunk of my 6th gen Camaro. I have owned a 4th gen Camaro also, and there is no space for anything under the rear hatch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsatisfied View Post
I disagree. With just the 0% financing offer the purchases of the Gen6 have spiked. Im sure that will bring up July sales and with any other incentives, it will continue to climb.

The people like the Camaro more and it's a far better car, they're just waiting for incentives.
Time will tell.
Local dealers here (Houma) have been having rebates since day 1
between $1k-4K on the 15'-16' Camaros, still not moving many.
I believe I've seen maybe 2-3 on the road.

Neither the G6 Mustang or the G6 Camaro has that aggressive look to it in GT/SS packages to me. (too feminine looking).

ZL1 looks better, waiting to see what/if they come with another Shelby, but if I were to buy another car today it would be a GT-R.
2011shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:46 AM   #353
nvrsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011shelby View Post
Time will tell.

Neither the G6 Mustang or the G6 Camaro has that aggressive look to it in GT/SS packages to me. (too feminine looking).

ZL1 looks better, waiting to see what/if they come with another Shelby, but if I were to buy another car today it would be a GT-R.
They both sell well in my area. You must have some serious coin to drop on a
GT-R. They are nice performers, but I could never justify spending that much on that car.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:48 AM   #354
2011shelby

Drives: 2011ShelbyGT500
Quote:
They both sell well in my area. You must have some serious coin to drop on a
GT-R. They are nice performers, but I could never justify spending that much on that car.
Boat Captain pays good.
2011shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:00 AM   #355
nvrsatisfied

Quote:
Boat Captain pays good.
It sure does! You can get both
Old 07-04-2016, 08:38 AM   #356
leszek

Drives: BMW 550
I don't fully understand what GM's plans are. The 5th gen was the last Camaro sold in Europe before the Chevrolet brand was pulled out. GM has no plans on selling any more Camaros there except as special order vehicles - they're almost impossible to get. While I understand the EU is a mess right now not having a choice of pony cars in Europe allows Ford to charge much more money for the Mustangs and make a huge profit there. Mustangs for example are outselling German sports cars in Germany:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/08/auto...sales-germany/
leszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:43 AM   #357
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:

The people like the Camaro more and it's a far better car, they're just waiting for incentives.
And you know that...how?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:15 AM   #358
The_Driver
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS M6
Quote:
Time will tell.

The feminine look comes from the back half of the car. It's like the 6th gen designers were doing real good on the car and then just dropped the ball after the C-pillar. The dropped rear shoulder line, funky rear side window shape, and what I perceive is a slightly lower rear wheel well height on the body is what really fubars the 6th gen design for me. Of course, I'm being super critical on it because the styling on the 5th gen was simply gorgeous when it came out.

However, a GTR? Yeah, they may be fast, but the styling is a huge disaster on those with that awkward cantilever greenhouse section with all those goofy hard edged lines and angles. Yuck! The 6th gen looks like an automotive design masterpiece compared to one of those.
The_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:17 AM   #359
nvrsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
And you know that...how?
Because the first inventive they offered is the 0% and that generated sales. A lot of people looking at the Camaro on this forum want the car but said they can't afford it. If cash incentives are offered that will generate even more sales. I don't have a crystal ball, that's just my opinion
Old 07-04-2016, 12:12 PM   #360
Dudie7

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Wow, those folks up at Mustang6g have some serious inferiority issues, lol. Nobody here is down talking the mustang, most of us agree it is a good car. We also aren't making any 'excuses', we are analyzing details/possibilities of why sales aren't so high.
Dude...you must not have been around when the roles were reversed...all you heard was sales this, sales that in some of the Camaro forums. Now, it's all about performance, performance, performance (as if that can't be remedied) when it's being considerably outsold. Call it getting a taste of one's own medicine, maybe? Anyway, my own personal take on this car and why it's not moving...size/design and price. I honestly think it's that simple. No one can deny the performance dynamics. No one. That's a closed case. But seeing how even diehard car guys can barely tell the difference between G5 and G6 is a serious issue. Also, the price just to get into a V8 I think put off many. I was torn between waiting for the G6 and getting the S550. Opted for the S550 and when I saw the pricing for the G6 I was glad I did. I was able to mod my car just like I wanted with the extra money. Honestly, as a native Detroiter, I love them all...can't go wrong.
Dudie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:09 PM   #361
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Because the first inventive they offered is the 0% and that generated sales. A lot of people looking at the Camaro on this forum want the car but said they can't afford it. If cash incentives are offered that will generate even more sales. I don't have a crystal ball, that's just my opinion
Be careful with conjecture and anecdotal evidence. Assuming that simply because 0%Apr was offered has caused a sales spike would be like assuming that GM isn't hitting their sales goals for Camaro based off of monthly sales totals.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:24 PM   #362
Ace01

Drives: 2018 1LE SS "Silver Bullet"
Quote:
0% financing for 72 months was just offered the last week of June. We have several members that just purchased cars from dealer inventory, several others are trying to locate their preference. I'm sure July sales will be higher, especially as more incentives are available.

Still loving my Gen6 Camaro SS, glad it's mine!

the choice is either pay MSRP or get 0% finance. Such a deal
Ace01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:56 PM   #363
nvrsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace01 View Post
the choice is either pay MSRP or get 0% finance. Such a deal
I don't know who told you that. Look
at the threads, new buyers are getting money off through dealers and 0% financing from GM
Old 07-04-2016, 04:52 PM   #364
EricTheCamaroGuy

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Styling is a weird thing, sometimes it just takes time to grow on you. I couldn't stand the rear of the 2014-15 at first but then I started to like it. I loved the front though.

The front end of the 2014-15 is very similar to the sixth gen
EricTheCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote