Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-03-2016, 07:50 PM   #43
neal_zack

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
those boys are real salty lol I would bet too afte spending 80K on a car that gets its ass handed to it by a 45K CAMARO lol
Old 03-03-2016, 07:54 PM   #44
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
so camaro styling is childish

the snobs are here again. i'm guessing Ferrari is childish too.

oh , wait , forgot that's European so obviously ....better in some way.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:06 PM   #45
Wiskey

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
so camaro styling is childish

the snobs are here again. i'm guessing Ferrari is childish too.

oh , wait , forgot that's European so obviously ....better in some way.
I smiled at that childish comment as well,.. Maybe I'm a child but I think the styling is perfect! It looks mean and fast, everything a muscle car should be inside and out

Whiskey
Wiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:39 PM   #46
buck_dawg_gold

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I wonder if this will have any effect on the price of the 1LE?
Old 03-03-2016, 10:53 PM   #47
dreamingat30fps

Drives: 2016 2SS
I came from BMWs and now have a Camaro so...

I cannot lie though, I still prefer the styling of BMWs but from a performance standpoint I don't like where they are going. The main thing that kept me away from American cars was the super shitty interiors. Once the C7 came out and I saw what they did with that it sparked my interest in American cars and then I discovered the new Camaro.

If you removed money from the equation and I was given the choice between the M4 and the 2SS I would go with the 2SS. That being said if I could take the M4 body and throw the LT1 in it plus add the sweet exhaust note that would be berry nawice!
dreamingat30fps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:10 AM   #48
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
The styling is what it's supposed to be - it's a Camaro. It's not supposed to look like a BMW. But most white collar professionals in that age group will gravitate to a conservative looking Audi or BMW because they don't want to draw attention to themselves. They're two different types of cars.

Now, some of the other styling choices that Chevy offers optionally on the Camaro, I'd have to drive with a bag over my head if I were stuck with them on my car.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:13 PM   #49
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Good for Camaro. Interesting how BMW has some new competition from Camaro, and they panic with a hastily thrown together response....(sort of...lol)...

Maybe it's a worn out obligatory montra, but they didn't gig the Camaro on visibility....Don't think it was even mentioned one way or the other....They did call out the giant vent down low on the console....That was supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and they called it out for it's location....(Some of us brought that up at the reveal, but it was automatically dismissed as a folly criticism)....They had to find something to not like I suppose...

They really blasted BMWs fake engine sound from the speakers. I hope Camaro doesn't fall too hard for this phony feature as a "solution" to something...

All in all, congrats Camaro. Maybe like they say, sales figures should be compared to Audi, BMW, etc....Might be time to grow up from Mustang, Challenger comparisons...
As far as the visibility issue goes. It's pretty much non existent except for the smaller back window. Looking around you can actually see cars on your side now. It's nothing like the 5th gen where you turned your head and had only a B-Pillar to look at and a massive blind spot. They made it much better when looking over your shoulder in the 6th gen.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:15 AM   #50
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Talk about bias...

MT ruined the article and diminished their "expertise" by closing with this shot...

"the Camaro was so bad for so long that it’s hard to take this car seriously"
Old 03-07-2016, 07:02 PM   #51
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
One thing that I did not see mentioned was that they pitted BMW's top dog M4 against the 2SS. With the 1LE and ZL1 not too far away, these are the cars that should be pitted against the blown Bavarian wonder M4. The SS should have been pitted against the 335/435. I am very glad with how well the SS did against BMW's best but it does not bode well when they put the M4 against the 1LE. The ZL1 should handle the M5 and M6 with ease.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:50 AM   #52
craz8

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS black
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
The styling is what it's supposed to be - it's a Camaro. It's not supposed to look like a BMW. But most white collar professionals in that age group will gravitate to a conservative looking Audi or BMW because they don't want to draw attention to themselves. They're two different types of cars.
Yeah, styling and also drive. All a matter of personality. To me when I've test-driven Beemers they've been very competent and luxurious but I always find myself pushing them to extract any fun. Driving a smaller displacement engine with turbo vs. driving a larger displacement V8 are totally different experiences. I prefer the raw fun of the latter.
craz8 is offline   Reply With Quote