Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-18-2015, 07:13 PM   #407
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
Haha. No. I really haven't said anything negative about the 6th Gen, Im mostly interested in the 6th gen Z car. But your right I do not have a lot of nice things to say about the 5th. You like to hunt me down because I don't like your car. Please get over it already, Actually look at the topic at hand.
Please don't flatter yourself thinking I "Hunt you down", you just happen to show up in some of the same threads I do is all.. You are no more or less important to me than anyone else I reply to..
Well I got the impression you didn't like the 6th gen either from your comments about how few posts in this thread there are compared to the mustang forums similar thread...

Anyway I am sure you have posted many comments in threads I have not seen or care to hunt down... By the way I could care less if you or anyone else likes my car, I like it and that is what matters...

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 10-18-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 07:15 PM   #408
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
The stang site is active and pooping bricks because their direct competitor just pushed all in a turned over a full house. Nicer looking, improved interior, lighter, faster, and better handling.... Yep full house.

132 people viewing the general forum right now. And, it's constantly over 100. Simply because they are lurking doesn't mean they aren't interested.

Just wait till the car starts hitting the streets and all the video reviews are out. This forum will expand immensely just like camaro5.
Of the hundreds on their site, I would bet at least half of them are Camaro5/6 members. I love the comments coming from the alternative...it's hard to argue the performance numbers, so they knock the view or the tail lights or the squinty eye grill. One guy says GM threw in ringers for the car companies to test. And, I love the guy who hasn't taken delivery of his new Stang, who says, "I think I may have bought the wrong car!" When I bought my first 5th gen Camaro, the new Mustang with the Coyote engine was released a month or two later. Reading the performance specs, I though I had bought the wrong car, especially since I traded my 2008 Mustang Bullitt, but I would never post that on a forum. LOL.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 07:54 PM   #409
BigShow1960
BigShow

Drives: 2017 1 Camaro + Chevy Avalanche
Every new release of C6 information meets or exceeds expectations. I've got a one year old C5 and a couple of other short term financial goals, but in maybe two years, I can't imagine doing anything but buying a SS C6.
BigShow1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:00 PM   #410
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShow1960 View Post
Every new release of C6 information meets or exceeds expectations. I've got a one year old C5 and a couple of other short term financial goals, but in maybe two years, I can't imagine doing anything but buying a SS C6.
I agree completely and If I wasn't retired or if I had enough disposible cash I would be right with you!
Old 10-18-2015, 09:47 PM   #411
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
I still have this (irrational?) fear that if the 6th gen Camaro doesn't sell the way GM wants, that they will cancel the Camaro AGAIN. Still personally don't care about sales, but the bigger picture of corporations being driven by profit trumps emotion. Actual sales probably won't matter 100%, it's the profit margin on each Camaro they sell that does.

GM seems to be alot smarter these days, and my rational thought is that they won't return to the bad ol' days of the Old GM.
I don't think we have to seriously worry about GM discontinuing the Camaro line anytime soon. Chrysler has kept the Challenger going with a lot lower sales figures (less than 4k units per month for most of its existence) than ether the 5th Gen Camaro or Mustang. In addition when GM stopped Camaro production after the 4th Gen in ~ 2000 they basically ceded that market segment to Ford for almost a decade and I think that they realize that it was strategically unwise to not at least contest the segment and deny a competitor free profits.

There is some figure, and I have no idea what it is where GM will break even on costs but it will still be worth producing at that level just to deny potential customers to Ford and Dodge. In addition there has been quite a bit of money already spent (sunk costs) on development for the 6th Gen and that probably works out to at least 3-5 years of production minimum before any type of decision like this would be made. (they have to pay back that development cost) So unless we see a monthly sales volume under 3k units per month I don't think we have anything to worry about for the future of the Camaro.

Besides the 6th Gen is a damn good looking car and its performance is off the charts for each trim level. It will sell well, but we will have to wait and see if it will be a sales leader like it was for the 5th gen. Either way I can live with that quite easily and I am sure GM can as well.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:07 PM   #412
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Challenger can keep going because its based on the Charger/300 which sell in good volumes.

Based on ATS and CTS sales, they need the Camaro to keep the Alpha platform's head above the water.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:21 PM   #413
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Challenger can keep going because its based on the Charger/300 which sell in good volumes.

Based on ATS and CTS sales, they need the Camaro to keep the Alpha platform's head above the water.
I agree. I think it will sell well, I don't know about 5th Gen numbers though. The hiatus and the marketing helped that car a lot in my opinion. Compitition is tough right now. Forcing GM to bring a lot to the table. The 6th Gen performance is def going to lure people over.
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:27 PM   #414
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
IMO, the Transformers movies played a major part in getting the word out about the 5th gen. The next movie isn't out until 2017...
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:04 PM   #415
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000Firehawk View Post
Not true
GEN4 was killed off as it couldn't meet the new 2003 goverment crash standards.

That's how the Crown Vic died off recently too, as it couldn't meet new government crash standards.
Ummmmm no. If it were selling we would have had a Camaro. I will restate my tale of walking into a conference room many years ago and seeing tape drawings of the NG F-body......and also a very cool Cadillac sedan planned for the same architecture. The CTS lived and the Camaro/Firebird did not because of sales. I know of what I speak. Sorry, but in this case I am correct.

Getting a F-car that met crash requirements was only a decision away from reality.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:39 PM   #416
G Fo12ce

Drives: '16 2SS
Just thought I'd chime in about the mix of members on here and people saying it's only the hard core Camaro fans. To give a (maybe?) interesting angle.

I have never owned and American car out of over 10. In fact I have not only owned all Japanese cars (except an E46 M3) but a long time ago now I worked in the Japanese/Import performance industry, although not anymore. I even worked for the most famous manufacturer of JDM parts, HKS. I also worked for Sparco but they supply to a wider audience. I've had and AE86 Corolla, S13/14 240's, MKIV Supra (only car I should have never sold!), G35, EVO9 MR, M3, and the car you see to the left. A Nismo 370Z, which I might add may have worse visibility than the Camaro but I can't say because I've never sat in a Gen 5. So my interest in cars have always leaned in that direction.

Anyway I'm here because it will be time for the Z to go soon and I really like the new Mustang and Camaro. Since I'm not handcuffed by any previous bias it makes it easier to choose.

When I look at what's most important to me the Camaro is the better car and if I can get the payment where I want it I will likely buy one because it's good! The only thing I don't like about it is that it's more expensive than the Mustang LOL With the way you guys are talking about the trunk I hope my hockey bag will fit too.....

I really like that the auto might be as good as the SMG I had in the M3 (have to drive it). I've never owned a auto trans either except the M3 SMG and I'm obviously ok with a manual if not. I LOVE that they took weight out. I like the interior better, and I like the V8 a lot. There's a lot to like actually! It will certainly feel good to by a car made here too.

So there you go, I'm sure there are other people like me creeping around. Sorry if it was a bit off the original top, the reviews are good. I can't wait for some YouTube content and more articles too.

Last edited by G Fo12ce; 10-19-2015 at 12:09 AM.
G Fo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:41 PM   #417
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
Just sold my 14 370z to get the Camaro.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:45 PM   #418
G Fo12ce

Drives: '16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
We'll see if I join your club!
G Fo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:48 AM   #419
Suntan

Drives: 2006 BMW 330i, 2006 BMW 550i
Well, now that I've finally read all the reviews, it seems that the C6 has basically fulfilled/exceeded all the performance expectations we've had for it! Way to go Chevy!!!

The only question that I still have really is about the interior quality aspects of the new Camaro. The reviews are kind of ambiguous here - some reviewers talk about "cheap plastic" on the door panels while others talk about soft-touch textured materials. I think everyone agrees that it's an improvement over the C5, but some reviewers I've read say that the Mustang has a higher quality interior (I've seen the new Mustang; the interior quality really isn't that great - except for the special trim models, the door panels are made of hard plastic!).

Does anyone have a sense of what the interior is like materials-wise? Is there a substantial difference between the 1LT/1SS and 2LT/2SS models (aside from the leather and the additional tech, of course)?
Suntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:49 AM   #420
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
My '06 G35 Coupe is going to be replaced with a new SS soon. Waiting for the cost numbers for the convertible before making a final decision.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote