Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-17-2023, 12:23 PM   #15
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
There do seem to be some scrapes, but looks like a few chips as well. Could there by damage from chains or similar? That could be the issue as well.

GM -HAS- the ability to assist through the Goodwill program, but it comes down to whether or not you can tug on the right person's heartstrings to get them to want to do it...
Agreed.... I hope GM helps him out regardless...
jamala00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 12:26 PM   #16
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Wow, that looks like somebody shot it with rocksalt, I have none of that damage on my car and I do drive down some shady roads Especially in the spring before they have swept the streets after six months of them laying down sand and gravel for traction over the winter
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 12:27 PM   #17
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
Wow, that looks like somebody shot it with rocksalt, I have none of that damage on my car and I do drive down some shady roads Especially in the spring before they have swept the streets
I think you are looking at the paint/reflections of the flash, etc... I think he's pointing out the couple of chips in the photos... I could be wrong
Old 08-17-2023, 12:31 PM   #18
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I think you are looking at the paint/reflections of the flash, etc... I think he's pointing out the couple of chips in the photos... I could be wrong
No, I’m looking at the big chips. It looks like somebody pulled it backwards down the highway behind the motorhome.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 01:24 PM   #19
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
See if you can get GM to help get it covered. My guess is that it ISN'T painted in which case having your current one repainted would likely be the most cost-effective way to handle the situation.
The part comes unpainted, which I had assumed. The dealer has offered to respray the existing... but again, I would have to take the part down there and then pick it up.

Gone but not forgotten: ‘17 Camaro 2SS Yellow 6speed
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 01:25 PM   #20
zaimer

Quote:
Are you sure they are rock chips? Looks more like something scraped against it. Like someone being careless during the build process, or carless during transport.
I had that thought as well, as something of the damage seems very odd (to me) to be from rocks and/or road debris.

Like how the hell would you get a chip directly on the back (and its in the middle) from a rock..? lol

Old 08-17-2023, 01:26 PM   #21
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
Wow, that looks like somebody shot it with rocksalt, I have none of that damage on my car and I do drive down some shady roads Especially in the spring before they have swept the streets after six months of them laying down sand and gravel for traction over the winter
Is yours a 1LE though? I can't tell from your photo. Most 1LE have the satin (unpainted) valance...where the standard ZL1 has the paint w/ metallic flake.

Old 08-17-2023, 01:27 PM   #22
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
I had that thought as well, as something of the damage seems very odd (to me) to be from rocks and/or road debris.

Like how the hell would you get a chip directly on the back (and its in the middle) from a rock..? lol
Agreed... That's exactly what I was thinking when I seen the pics you posted... Like how the hell would a rock hit some of those spots? It makes way more sense that someone was careless during the build process or the transport company was careless.
Old 08-17-2023, 01:35 PM   #23
zaimer

Quote:
Agreed... That's exactly what I was thinking when I seen the pics you posted... Like how the hell would a rock hit some of those spots? It makes way more sense that someone was careless during the build process or the transport company was careless.
Now the question is do I want to go through the hassle of replacing/repainting or putting some touchup paint and trying to forget about it lol.

It really isn't noticeable unless you try to see the spots, given the size and location of them.. and with everything being black.

Old 08-17-2023, 01:41 PM   #24
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
I see the chip in your photo's I can't tell the rest of it it's peppered with road debris or it's flake in the paint or just dirty. If it's a couple of chips then do a touchup and move on. You're going to have more chips and best to just deal with it and move on. You're right to be upset about a new car Im just not sure what all Im looking at in the picture.
WhiteMale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 01:45 PM   #25
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
I see the chip in your photo's I can't tell the rest of it it's peppered with road debris or it's flake in the paint or just dirty. If it's a couple of chips then do a touchup and move on. You're going to have more chips and best to just deal with it and move on. You're right to be upset about a new car Im just not sure what all Im looking at in the picture.
This is probably the worst one and definitely the largest.

https://ibb.co/6PHNJYW

I agree that the photos kind of suck. The car isn't spotless clean and they were taken in the garage with the flash.

Old 08-17-2023, 01:48 PM   #26
zaimer

They are all basically on the edges of the cutouts for the exhaust tips.. if that makes sense. Other than that large "bad" one, which is in a very odd spot.

Old 08-17-2023, 01:50 PM   #27
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Now the question is do I want to go through the hassle of replacing/repainting or putting some touchup paint and trying to forget about it lol.

It really isn't noticeable unless you try to see the spots, given the size and location of them.. and with everything being black.
It's your car and ultimately your decision... but if it was me... I'd just forget about it. It's plastic, it's not going to rust, and it's in a spot where your mind will forget about it and not see it. Just get some matte black touchup paint.

You will eventually get a first ding/chip/etc...

Last edited by jamala00; 08-17-2023 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-17-2023, 02:19 PM   #28
zaimer

Quote:
It's your car and ultimately your decision... but if it was me... I'd just forget about it. It's plastic, it's not going to rust, and it's in a spot where your mind will forget about it and not see it. Just get some matte black touchup paint.

You will eventually get a first ding/chip/etc...
I hear ya. I think it just makes it worse when its the cars first time being home and first wash. One would like to think you can go at least a week or so before being put on the chopping block.