#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-19-2022, 07:20 PM   #29
CamOnlyJabroni

Drives: 19’ ZL1 A10 / 16’ C7Z M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
Ok, so how did you get traction in 50 degree weather haha?

We have 50s here this week. I’ll try to figure out the Dragy set up and get out there. My DA here is awesome.
It spun a little you can see it on the gmeter. I have 20x11.5 rears with 325/30/20 R888R’s.I always do a rolling burnout in first before doing runs. Need to go out now that the car is aligned with zero camber. I also had the drag mode flash done for the chassis module that increases clutch pressure in the ELSD. Should hook even better. ZL1 comes with 1.5 degrees of negative camber from the factory. Not good for straight line traction.
CamOnlyJabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 07:52 PM   #30
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
The point of this post is to provide info on how much Ethanol you can run on a full bolt-on car while fueling DI only. No Meth No Port Injection. There have been a lot of posts in the past asking these kinds of questions and most of the responses have been hearsay for the most part.

We are in the process of finishing up my brothers Bolt-on A10 Zl1 setup.

The mods consist of:

Flex sensor
FIC +30 injectors
LPE HPFP
JMS voltage booster
CAI inductions carbon intake
Kong port with 2.17 upper / stock lower / MPI lid
LPE ported 95mm tb
2" catless headers / 3" resonated X pipe / stock muffler

I am commanding 2175 rail psi and injectors are hovering around 5.4ms @ .83-.84 lambda with E54 fuel. Low side is holding good, high side dips a bit on the hit and recovers fast. Tried E65 the other day and it's dropping rail too much on the hit but still recovers up top. These stock blowers hit hard turned up...I might play around with pulling some timing in that area to take a little power out of the hit but overall the fuel system is doing well on E50-60 making 13-14psi of boost.

It's a pretty safe bet that a stock pulley setup could run full E with full bolt-ons and a ported supercharger no problem using this fuel system setup.

Hope this helps for those trying to go as far as they can with bolt-ons and E without tearing into the motor or adding complexity to the fuel system with Meth or Port Injection.
Why does your TPS% say 99 and mine only says 83.9%? Stock TB on my car with the maggie.
Attached Images

SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 08:18 PM   #31
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
The point of this post is to provide info on how much Ethanol you can run on a full bolt-on car while fueling DI only. No Meth No Port Injection. There have been a lot of posts in the past asking these kinds of questions and most of the responses have been hearsay for the most part.

We are in the process of finishing up my brothers Bolt-on A10 Zl1 setup.

The mods consist of:

Flex sensor
FIC +30 injectors
LPE HPFP
JMS voltage booster
CAI inductions carbon intake
Kong port with 2.17 upper / stock lower / MPI lid
LPE ported 95mm tb
2" catless headers / 3" resonated X pipe / stock muffler

I am commanding 2175 rail psi and injectors are hovering around 5.4ms @ .83-.84 lambda with E54 fuel. Low side is holding good, high side dips a bit on the hit and recovers fast. Tried E65 the other day and it's dropping rail too much on the hit but still recovers up top. These stock blowers hit hard turned up...I might play around with pulling some timing in that area to take a little power out of the hit but overall the fuel system is doing well on E50-60 making 13-14psi of boost.

It's a pretty safe bet that a stock pulley setup could run full E with full bolt-ons and a ported supercharger no problem using this fuel system setup.

Hope this helps for those trying to go as far as they can with bolt-ons and E without tearing into the motor or adding complexity to the fuel system with Meth or Port Injection.
How do you feel about the lid? Seems to help out with mat, the temps look pretty good.
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 08:27 PM   #32
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni View Post
It spun a little you can see it on the gmeter. I have 20x11.5 rears with 325/30/20 R888R’s.I always do a rolling burnout in first before doing runs. Need to go out now that the car is aligned with zero camber. I also had the drag mode flash done for the chassis module that increases clutch pressure in the ELSD. Should hook even better. ZL1 comes with 1.5 degrees of negative camber from the factory. Not good for straight line traction.
I need a good tire. I’m on MPS4s for the all weather capability. I have a spare set of wheels with SC3s for the track but they’d be worse than the MPS4s in the cold.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 08:42 PM   #33
CamOnlyJabroni

Drives: 19’ ZL1 A10 / 16’ C7Z M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
I need a good tire. I’m on MPS4s for the all weather capability. I have a spare set of wheels with SC3s for the track but they’d be worse than the MPS4s in the cold.
Definitely. It might still go pretty good at factory blower rpm from 50 out of third.
CamOnlyJabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 04:35 AM   #34
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
Why does your TPS% say 99 and mine only says 83.9%? Stock TB on my car with the maggie.
Because you are currently using one of the several channels in HPT which do not work properly. Throttle Position (SAE) basically sucks, suggest a change.

Try instead watching Throttle Position, not the SAE, but the next one down in the list that has a single blue arrow, not 2 of them. This one has given me 99.6% readings at WOT. Commanded Throttle Actuator (SAE) read 100% at that time and also 100% on Throttle Desired Position. Screenshot below of when picking the channels that gave these readings in ECM>Engine>Accelerator & Throttle>Throttle section of VCM Scanner.

Name:  hpt-throttle.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  86.6 KB
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 06:55 AM   #35
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Winter came early here in Missouri also, November is usually pretty decent and couple weeks back it was, last week was cold and windy with 4 inches of snow. This week look pretty good upper 40 to low 50. Traction on my car at 50 degrees even with drag radials in non-existent at 50 mph, at 60 mph it's starting to hook after that. My old red 16 ss when it was making big power was non-existent at 100 mph on street tires. I think the 888s probably do as well as my drag radial 555r2s do on the street on a roll. Supposedly a pretty sticky street tire. If I'm street logging in cooler temps I'll do a couple burn outs to put some heat in the tires, traction control has got to stay on or its ditch to ditch.
King did a great write up for everyone so thanks for that.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote