Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-26-2020, 08:39 PM   #15
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie_Monster View Post
Thanks for sharing that, I was I always curious if they'd work in motion like a manual e-brake can.
+1. Never knew you can do that with the electronic e-brake.

I’m definitely in the minority who actually prefers the electronic brake over the manual. Aesthetically it looks a lot cleaner and as somebody else mentioned, having that wee bit more interior space is nice to have.
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 08:47 PM   #16
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
But no ebrake slides in the snow? Lol
Old 12-26-2020, 08:56 PM   #17
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
e-brakes can compensate for understeer, but the car will do it for you now and can even apply the brake on the inside front as well. In the past I've been wary of inferior stability control systems but the ones on these cars are really, really good.

Just make sure you put the car in gear when parked, I had a really odd incident where the car started to roll backward as I was getting out of it. Luckily I was able to jump back in and hit the brakes. I had neglected to set the parking brake, apparently... it might have been the hill assist that was on and then released... IDK. But, it wouldn't have been a problem with it in gear.
Old 12-26-2020, 09:48 PM   #18
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
But no ebrake slides in the snow? Lol
I think I told you before Pupilbone, that’s a cool looking ‘53 Canadian Mercury!👍
Old 12-26-2020, 09:52 PM   #19
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I think I told you before Pupilbone, that’s a cool looking ‘53 Canadian Mercury!👍
Thank-you Sir! No electric ebrakes or fancy cup holders in her
Old 12-26-2020, 09:56 PM   #20
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
And of course I like that Crush ZL1 too!
Old 12-26-2020, 10:08 PM   #21
m3bs

Drives: '19 ZLE, S54 E36M3
I haven’t tried it in the Camaro yet, but in my VW, pulling the e-brake button while moving results in a full ABS stop, not just rear brakes.
m3bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 10:25 PM   #22
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
I miss the MPB. I have used the EPB when rolling slow. When it comes on there is no modulation. It locks up and you go thru the windshield.
Old 12-26-2020, 10:40 PM   #23
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
the $1,000,000 question...

Did you relocate the gas can now?
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 11:02 PM   #24
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
the $1,000,000 question...

Did you relocate the gas can now?
It’s in the same place it’s been for 15 years and there’s really no other place for it. It’s sort of like the CAGS argument. Why should I be forced to change my shifting style due to a stupid computer control? Well, why should I be forced to reconfigure my garage due to an even dumber computer control?
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 11:14 PM   #25
Racerman27410

Drives: 2016 SS 2SS
You cannot bump start a modern direct injection car with a dead battery.... The days of that move are long gone. If the battery is dead the fuel pump cant run and build high pressure in the fuel rail. The computer that tells the injectors when to open and the the coils when to fire the plugs depend on the battery to function also...... heck you can't hardly even get the dang door open with a dead battery and forget about closing it once it is open DAMHIK but if you dont drive your camaro daily then i highly recommend a quality battery tender.
Racerman27410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:28 AM   #26
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
It’s in the same place it’s been for 15 years and there’s really no other place for it. It’s sort of like the CAGS argument. Why should I be forced to change my shifting style due to a stupid computer control? Well, why should I be forced to reconfigure my garage due to an even dumber computer control?
Maybe it is time for a garage change, it has been like that for 15 years. Give it a refresh.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 01:55 AM   #27
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Uh, not sure if you understood a few things here..... I didn’t need my fob because the car is in my garage and I’m not driving it right now since it’s winter. Ergo, it’s unlocked. Why would I need my key fob to move it then????

I’ve pushed manual cars around lots of times without starting them when you just need to move them a few feet. No need to start them just for a few feet. Or even back them out into the driveway to wash them.

Clutch popping a car does not affect the emission system any differently that the starter motor. It’s just like starting it with the starter motor, only in this case the transmission is turning the flywheel, not the starter motor. But they are both doing the exact same thing. And even if I am in the best neighborhood in the world, why should I wait for a tow truck or a battery jump when I can just start the car myself anyways? That’s one of the reasons to own a manual.
I keep my car locked even if it's in the garage. The way I see it, your problem a 1st world problem, right up there with "Starbucks ran out the blend I like."

As for the possible emission control damage bit, I can't find it in the Camaro Owner's Manual for now, though a few others do warn about it. Personally, I would wait for a tow truck or in my case, any other car over trying something sketchy unless it's a life-or-death situation.

Sorry to be blunt but complaining doesn't really get anything done. Most people are just indifferent about electronic hand brakes and will adapt to them, so there are 3 options for you:

1. Adapt to the electronic parking brake and grab the key fob with you if you want to move the car.

2. Come up with a manual hand brake adaptation kit. Kinda like how people who don't like CAGS can just plug in a defeat device, though I think manual hand brake conversion will be pretty tricky.

3. Buy a car with a manual hand brake, like a crowd killer, but now you have to deal with a crappier manual trans, among other things.

I choose the 1st option but that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerman27410 View Post
You cannot bump start a modern direct injection car with a dead battery.... The days of that move are long gone. If the battery is dead the fuel pump cant run and build high pressure in the fuel rail. The computer that tells the injectors when to open and the the coils when to fire the plugs depend on the battery to function also...... heck you can't hardly even get the dang door open with a dead battery and forget about closing it once it is open DAMHIK but if you dont drive your camaro daily then i highly recommend a quality battery tender.
I have my doubts as well.

Modern cars are especially fussy with the voltage, and the computers may react in weird ways when the battery is low. There was a member that posted an image of his Camaro display a hybrid truck information display in the gauge cluster.

Again, between waiting for proper help and potentially damaging my car, I choose the former unless the situation is just that desperate.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:35 AM   #28
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
i do miss the non electronic ebrake. i see it as further stupid proofing the car, as there is error to be made in ebrake use. ive bump started manual trans cars for decades, only a few times out of necessity. i also enjoy other manual trans pre-electric override car things...like starting the car in gear (simply stated, it was funny), ebrake slides, ripping the ebrake up in fwd cars and side stepping the clutch...normal stuff everyone did that had a manual transmission.