Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-28-2017, 12:13 AM   #1
warriordave927
Deadpool

Drives: 2016 camaro lt rs m6 redhot
Another example of the lack of human decency and respect.

I hate to add to countless threads about hating people for never doing the right thing but i am pissed. So went to work today and parked in my usual spot where i can keep an eye on my car more or less in this case i guess less. Apparently someone backed into my car and decided they shouldnt bother themselves to come inside and seek the owner of the shiny red camaro with 3000 miles on the clock they just hit. The damage is only on the bumper and doesnt appear to have done any structural damage but will require some body work as it did go deep enough to expose the black plastic with dome deep gouges. So this will all be coming out of my pocket since it might not be enough to cover the deductible on my insurance. Ill attach some pics might not be the best quality since i took them with my phone.
Attached Images

warriordave927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:46 AM   #2
mduck

Drives: not
;(
Feel sorry for you, people who do not take responsibility of their actions is unfortunately becoming more and more.
How hard can it be apologizing for a misstake, really?
mduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:56 AM   #3
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
What an ass. You'd like to think it was a careless fault, still some people see it's a nice car they just damaged and think, "New Camaro. He/she has got full insurance."
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:32 AM   #4
HighGs

Drives: Volvo XC60R, VW Eos, Fiat 500e
Bummer.

Look for bumpers with red marks in the lot. Hopefully, they didn't know they tapped it, but it seems like it would take more than a tap with a smooth bumper to do that.

Sorry.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:06 AM   #5
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I know it's a new car but if it were mine I would only have it touched up. In order to
properly refinish, the front facia it must be removed from the car. It's also unlikely a
body shop is going to make it as good as the factory finish. And don't report it to your
insurance company- It probably won't exceed your coll deductible and they don't like
numerous claims. Of course all of this is jmo.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:16 AM   #6
Paully104
Novice Driver

Drives: 2016 2SS Silver
I had my front bumper damaged and had to get it repainted. The place I used did a perfect job matching and as requested the clear coat was 2x as thick to prevent rock chips. If the entire front is needed to be repainted might want to go the route I did. Overall the entire repaint was 700 though my shop is on the expensive side for sure.
Paully104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:18 AM   #7
zeekle

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
usually a good body shop will do a better job than the factory on paint. Now if you go to Maaco....

With only 3000 miles on it it wont be hard to get it to match.
zeekle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:50 AM   #8
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
That's awful! Sadly that has happen to two new vehicles of mine in that past. One thing I'll say is that Virginia has a claim for "uninsured motorists claims". This claim has a lower deductible and is not a claim that goes against you.

http://www.adamegarzalaw.com/uninsur...aims-in-texas/

Looks like you may have it too.What is Uninsured Motorist Insurance Coverage?
Uninsured motorist insurance is a type of added coverage that is available to everyone in Texas, in which your insurance company will help to pay for damages incurred whenever you are in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver. Texas law requires that insurance companies offer this coverage to anyone purchasing auto insurance; if they reject the coverage they have to sign a document stating so.

Under Texas’ “fault” system of auto insurance, drivers are required to pay for every accident they cause. After an accident, anyone who has been injured, whether it’s a driver, passenger, cyclist or pedestrian, may decide to file a claim with their own auto insurance first, which is what’s called a “first-party” claim, or they may decide to seek compensation from the other driver’s insurer by filing a third-party claim. The injured party also has the option of filing a lawsuit to prove fault and seek money damages for all losses they incurred as a result of the accident.
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:53 AM   #9
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
$250 deductible
http://www.tdi.texas.gov/pubs/consumer/cb020.html

6. Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) Coverage
What it pays: Your expenses from an accident caused by an uninsured motorist, a motorist who did not have enough insurance, or a hit-and-run driver. Also pays for personal property that was damaged in your car.

There is a mandatory $250 deductible for property damage. This means you must pay the first $250 of the expenses yourself before the company will pay.

There are two types of UM/UIM coverage:

Bodily injury UM/UIM pays for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, disfigurement, and permanent or partial disability. There is not a deductible with this type.
Property damage UM/UIM pays for auto repairs, a rental car, and damage to items in your car.
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:53 AM   #10
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
I can feel your pain. I created a self inflicted wound on my rear bumper that is about 3/4 of an inch long. My wife says its barely noticeable and thinks I'm crazy for making such a big deal over this but not giving the same level of concern when she sprained her ankle. Its keeping me up at night. Called my insurance and its covered under comprehensive. Luckily I have no deductible so the quoted $700 to restore the whole bumper cover is fully covered.

Hope it all works out.
Attached Images

AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:59 AM   #11
Sub

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Omg mike just touch it up. These arent bugattis guys lol.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:29 AM   #12
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Some companies will pay under UM coverage and some require that you prove the vehicle that hit you was uninsured in Texas. Another words a police report or a letter from the last carrier stating they do not have coverage.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:37 AM   #13
Papawoody

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Since the cause of the damage is unknown, it may not be considered collision damage. It could fall under your Comprehensive coverage which usually has a much smaller deductible. Mine is $50. And comprehensive claims do not count against you.
Papawoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:39 AM   #14
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekle View Post
usually a good body shop will do a better job than the factory on paint.
You must have some pretty good body shops near you. IMO, never seen a human hand apply paint or clear as well as a robot on an assembly line. I just had minor damage fixed on my bumper, and the shop decided to redo the clear. Every time I wash my car, I notice small dimples in the plastic from whatever they used to brace it and some small pea-sized runs. Nothing you'd notice unless your head was 6 inches away, but still. Far from perfect, and yet the shop has stellar 4.8/5 star reviews.

Every time I've had an area of my car touched up by a shop, there has been some sort of small runs. Definitely looks better than when it came in, but not perfect. Black paint is a bitch like that -- you can see everything.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote