Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-17-2018, 08:49 AM   #29
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Think you so much guys!! Haven’t updated this in years now or reflected back on it. Appreciate the support.

I would not say there’s a huge difference besides the engine and if you REALLY want to customize every single aspect of the car where the RS falls short on certain things. Besides that fact you can customize it to get every single thing the SS has for a cheaper price. That’s what I did. Also save the money and can put that in to mods. Looking back and now being in a better financial situation, it woulda been nice to get a SS, but you can’t predict the future and in the end it’s still an amazing machine that will always get compliments and make you feel amazing. Go for what you can afford now because that could change at any given time. Also RS can be supercharged (way more than a V8 difference woulda costed) but still an interesting investment I may do one day. But again also depends if you like simple powerful or lot of tech and more eco friendly.

You could always throw on the lot bow tie at any point. I LOVE it. But I am goin to black out the yellow bow tie to make it look better I’m in same shoes I don’t have garage either I use a car cover and daily I was removing it and putting it on (of course scratching in the process)..but better than the sap, bird bombs, and pine needles etc. I also do actually put in 93 instead of 87. Same, well always take heat, but something to remember is how insanely fast these V6’s are today vs just a couple years ago. You can beat PLENTY of V8’s that are a couple years old. I won’t be taking it to the track either (maybe once) but I still enjoy modding it for noise and performance. Glad to hear you enjoyed this!! Until I got a company vehicle it was my daily driver all year round (snow ice etc) so it’s got its fair share of war marks, but at least we’re enjoying what we have. That’s what I’m learning more as I get older is to enjoy what you have because people would literally kill to have what we have. Even if it is “JUST” a V6. Thanks for the positive response bro, drive on!!

It makes a great daily driver you’ll LOVE IT!! Good luck!!

Exactly this car ALWAYS catches your eye! It is bro I love it. Good to hear, thanks! Enjoy!
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:49 AM   #30
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
In regards to the blind spots. If you've ever taken a defensive driving course, they teach you how to adjust your side mirrors to eliminate blind spots. Most people don't like this adjustment because they use the side mirrors to see the exact same thing you see through the rear view mirror which is redundant.
Good point. I have used this method for many years. My wife can't get used to it so I have to constantly change the side mirror setting in her car. Really worth trying to use this method. Like you said adjusting the side mirrors to see the same view as the rear view mirror doesn't make sense. If you set them properly you will see the approaching car in the side mirrors when you lose the view in the rear view mirror and be able to see it out of your side window when it leaves the side mirrors.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:01 PM   #31
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigss50 View Post
Good point. I have used this method for many years. My wife can't get used to it so I have to constantly change the side mirror setting in her car. Really worth trying to use this method. Like you said adjusting the side mirrors to see the same view as the rear view mirror doesn't make sense. If you set them properly you will see the approaching car in the side mirrors when you lose the view in the rear view mirror and be able to see it out of your side window when it leaves the side mirrors.
On that note, I recently switched to this type of adjustment, and after a few minutes I was sold. No blind spots whatsoever, traffic behind me "flows" from center to left or right and is much easier to visualize. Parking is more awkward, but one can use the 2nd memory slot to quickly switch to a parking friendly position (who else would be driving the car anyway, eh?)

I can't believe I wasn't taught this in driving school and had my side mirrors set wrong all these years. The rearview mirror we have in the Camaro is the best I've had so far, which also helps.
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:57 AM   #32
kkriskal

Drives: 2018 2SS Triple Black Performance
NY Andrew, Great ride, congrats.

For your climate control concerns, I have posted a detailed reply on the other forum

For the bose system concern, modify the equalizer to reduce the mid range a little below the center point and see if you like the sound, I am with you and understand that the center channel on the dash overtakes all the other effects so reducing the mid range a lot helped me, just give it a try.
kkriskal is offline   Reply With Quote