Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 03-14-2016, 04:38 PM   #29
Crystal72384

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
New car issues...

So I just purchased a 2016 Camaro 2SS on March 5th and by the 11th I was having this same rattling noise! I thought I was imagining things until I stumbled across this site. I took it back to the dealership this morning and they told me my entire exhaust needs to be replaced. Unfortunately there are no exhausts available right now.
Crystal72384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:50 AM   #30
brz1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Andrew View Post
I have my fuse pulled and haven't put it back in to diagnose if the noise goes away when it's back in (chalk one up for laziness), but the noise is rear passenger. It's not a non stop loud rattle like some have shared, but it's an occasional light rattle/clicking noise that's very distinct if it's quiet in the cabin and you're listening for it.
I think I might have the same issue on mine, I posted about it a few weeks ago but not with this much description, but mine is similar - it definitely sounds like it's from the rear passenger side, and it's not a loud "rattle" but instead more subtle, hard to explain, almost like a plastic "crinkle" sound (like wind blowing on soft plastic). Any updates on yours? It's so faint that at times I thought it was just "normal" (especially because the noise occurs only when I'm going fast, like 70+), but it's annoying enough to have spoiled the experience for me.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:21 PM   #31
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
EXACTLY! It sounds like the wind blowing on soft plastic and I noticed that when it IS windy it's a lot more frequent and worse. Guess it hasn't spoiled it for me because my music's always loud; honestly I only hear it now if I listen for it, still I believe they're working on a permanent fix, I'm telling the dealers no to temporary fixes.
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:52 PM   #32
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
I have the rattle and sometimes you can hear it squeak and slam shut. It is pretty weird. I noticed it leaving the parking garage.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:16 AM   #33
brz1980

Quote:
EXACTLY! It sounds like the wind blowing on soft plastic and I noticed that when it IS windy it's a lot more frequent and worse. Guess it hasn't spoiled it for me because my music's always loud; honestly I only hear it now if I listen for it, still I believe they're working on a permanent fix, I'm telling the dealers no to temporary fixes.
Weird, any theories as to what it could be? On a previous car a similar noise turned out literally to have involved plastic, as a piece of plastic had inadvertently been left near the door frame. I looked for something similar on this one but had no luck.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:07 PM   #34
NY Andrew

All I can think of is maybe while driving and from the road vibrations the plastic flap has some weight to it where the vibrations give it just the right amount of momentum to create that flapping noise. And with the wind it's worse, so maybe the wind also blows inside the pipe to rock that flap more than it does on its own. I bet if someone somehow forced it open the noise would disappear..because that's the only theory I can come up with, if it's not the flap I'd love to know what it is, but heard things how it's something deep inside and plus it's worse on the V8's..we'll see I guess. It how justly bothers me less than the wind noise I now recognize like crazy...I don't know why there's so much wind noise near the drivers side now, don't recall it being this bad.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:13 PM   #35
brz1980

Quote:
All I can think of is maybe while driving and from the road vibrations the plastic flap has some weight to it where the vibrations give it just the right amount of momentum to create that flapping noise. And with the wind it's worse, so maybe the wind also blows inside the pipe to rock that flap more than it does on its own. I bet if someone somehow forced it open the noise would disappear..because that's the only theory I can come up with, if it's not the flap I'd love to know what it is, but heard things how it's something deep inside and plus it's worse on the V8's..we'll see I guess. It how justly bothers me less than the wind noise I now recognize like crazy...I don't know why there's so much wind noise near the drivers side now, don't recall it being this bad.
I had my first longish drive in this car today (220 miles on turnpike) and so was able to drive a lot at high speeds (70+) and the noise was very noticeable and consistent, so will definitely be taking it in to dealer. Which "flap" are you talking about so I can suggest the dealer look at? Will post results from my visit, hope to take it in this week
Old 03-20-2016, 06:37 PM   #36
NY Andrew

You mean like from what side? Back passenger. Seems like it's consistently on that side for everyone too which is weird. Nothing's gonna come of it besides maybe a temperary fix, but the fact that more and more of us are bringing it to their attention is a good thing. Guess no ones had any success yet or they would have shared.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:00 PM   #37
brz1980

Quote:
You mean like from what side? Back passenger. Seems like it's consistently on that side for everyone too which is weird. Nothing's gonna come of it besides maybe a temperary fix, but the fact that more and more of us are bringing it to their attention is a good thing. Guess no ones had any success yet or they would have shared.
Yes back passenger side for me. I think I've finally figured out what was causing mine, appears to be a trunk panel on the passenger side - in contrast to the panel on the driver's side, this panel is loose and doesn't fit snugly with the rubber lining. I'm almost 100% this was the cause of it, because after I aligned it better with the rubber and put a piece of fabric in between the rubber and the panel, I couldn't hear the noise even though drove a lot at high speeds. Next time I go to the dealer I'm going to have them tighten it properly instead of my ghetto fabric "fix".
Old 03-21-2016, 07:31 PM   #38
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Got the newest exhaust from GM today. They claim it was guaranteed to fix the issue.

Nope... rattled from the moment it was installed.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:58 AM   #39
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Got the newest exhaust from GM today. They claim it was guaranteed to fix the issue.

Sounds like a shiddy design if its bad right out the box.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:28 AM   #40
63falcondude

Drives: 16 Camaro, 11 Stryker, 00 Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post

What's that ... exhaust number 3 now?

1100 12/14/2015
3000 1/8/2016 (TPW 2/1)
3800 2/1/2016
5000 3/5/2016
63falcondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:22 PM   #41
NY Andrew

Interesting, still noise free brz?? Seems like there has been an epoxy fix in another forum that actually has worked.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:28 PM   #42
brz1980

Quote:
Interesting, still noise free brz?? Seems like there has been an epoxy fix in another forum that actually has worked.
Actually, unfortunately not. The noise did seem to go away after I shifted the panel closer to the lining, but this morning I heard it again and noticed that the panel had again come loose. So either it's a coincidence and the panel was not the cause of the noise after all, or it was and will have to come up with a better fix for the panel. I've decided to just take it to the dealer when I get a chance, have already spent too much time and frustration on this with no luck.

I should add that perhaps the noise started again because I did remove the piece of fabric that I had temporarily placed between the lining and the panel because from what I read on another thread I created on this, that lining is meant to keep out moisture or dirt. So I didn't want to leave the fabric there because although it prevented the panel from touching the lining (and presumably that was the cause of the noise), the presence of the fabric created a gap between the panel and the lining.