Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #29
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Dealer should have load tested battery....

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:10 AM   #30
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by irmb View Post
If you read my post, I had to replace my battery out of pocket.
Why would you have to replace your battery on your dime if the car is still under 3/36? If you were out of area and needed to get it replaced, GM will still reimburse you for something like this.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #31
irmb

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7WSM View Post
Why would you have to replace your battery on your dime if the car is still under 3/36? If you were out of area and needed to get it replaced, GM will still reimburse you for something like this.
I had them test it and it passed. I was on a road trip and it died something like 5 times in 1 day - so I had to stop at a dealer. They didn't have time to test it and I was in the middle of nowhere. So I had no choice.

It's now killed that battery, too - and yet everything checks out.

clearly something is going on - but we don't know what.
irmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:19 PM   #32
irmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
Dealer should have load tested battery....
they did and the alternator, too. both passed - yet my car is clearly killing batteries some how
Old 04-13-2017, 01:30 PM   #33
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
I had them test it and it passed. I was on a road trip and it died something like 5 times in 1 day - so I had to stop at a dealer. They didn't have time to test it and I was in the middle of nowhere. So I had no choice.

Died as in car is driving down the road and the engine and electrical system cuts off? Or as in the car doesn't start? There is a huge difference on how to go about either ways. If something is killing a battery, sounds like there is a current draw on the battery at all times. Something that might take a day or 2 to figure out when you are talking about a phantom electrical problem.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:17 PM   #34
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Firstest I have heard of dead battery issues. How many miles on your car and who else here has had this issue???
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:25 AM   #35
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
You have a short in the system......

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:14 AM   #36
irmb

Car died on me again yesterday. Battery died again. I'm on my 3rd new battery and headed for a 4th. Something is clearly wrong, but the dealer can't find anything.

Also, my air conditioning has decided to act up - the passenger side often doesnt come on.

At what point do I start looking at lemon laws?

Thus far the car has died on me/broken down close to 20 times in the last 6-8 months, and shows no signs of getting better.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:36 PM   #37
wvyankee2

Drives: 2017 LT Turbo/6Man.
Just bought my car and the battery was dead on the Lot. 3 miles on it, and could not be revived. Had to put a new one in it.

wvyankee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:13 PM   #38
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Car died on me again yesterday. Battery died again. I'm on my 3rd new battery and headed for a 4th. Something is clearly wrong, but the dealer can't find anything.

Also, my air conditioning has decided to act up - the passenger side often doesnt come on.

At what point do I start looking at lemon laws?

Thus far the car has died on me/broken down close to 20 times in the last 6-8 months, and shows no signs of getting better.
wow,at that point i would be seriously pissed off.mine has had an issue with TPMS,fixed under warranty by the dealer,but nothing like that.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:20 PM   #39
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:

GM had previous problems in the last 10 years with the BCM and related software drawing down the battery.

Also look for; 1) A system not shutting down or constantly waking up while the vehicle is parked or; 2) One of the Communication's systems is not shutting down.
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #40
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
GM had previous problems in the last 10 years with the BCM and related software drawing down the battery.

Also look for; 1) A system not shutting down or constantly waking up while the vehicle is parked or; 2) One of the Communication's systems is not shutting down.
If something is not shutting down the dealer should be able to see the current draw.

Unless he's an idiot, and that certainly is possible.

Maybe time for a second opinion?
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:34 PM   #41
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
If something is not shutting down the dealer should be able to see the current draw.

Unless he's an idiot, and that certainly is possible.

Maybe time for a second opinion?
+1

They should of seen something during a "Parasitic Load Test"

But again, Electrical Troubleshooting is not what Techs make $$ on so they ignore it most of their careers.
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:40 PM   #42
irmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
+1

They should of seen something during a "Parasitic Load Test"

But again, Electrical Troubleshooting is not what Techs make $$ on so they ignore it most of their careers.
I like your guys thinking and a second opinion is prollly warranted. But my dealer is highly capable (abel chevy in norcal) and the owners are personal friends of mine. So they really are trying.

I'm thinking it's a charging issue. I often see the Amp guage down in the 12's around when the car decides not to start. Like what ever is supposed to be telling the alternator to kick in, isn't working right.

Also - it's after the car has been running for some time that it has a hard time. not just cold starts.