Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-18-2017, 03:28 AM   #15
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by glebulon View Post
Hi guys,

I currently drive a Miata. It's my daily driver including winters and I use the car for autox and track days. I test drove a few cars and really like the Camaro, I want a ss with a manual. Tell me how it is living with the car on a daily basis, is it a PITA to drive in traffic, is parking a pain? How often do you open it up, Rev out second gear...etc. How are the consumables, tires, oil...etc.

Out of the cars that are still on my list are Focus RS, Evo GSR, E90/92 M3 and the Camaro.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Test drive a SS 1LE.... it's been described as a larger sports car that still drives like a Miata
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:58 AM   #16
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
Just in case...
Selling my 2017 2ss 50th for a ZL1
You can see it topic fifty p181...
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:16 PM   #17
Oil Man

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2018 ZL1 A10 (RIPx2)
I daily drive my 2SS M6 to work in Southern California traffic. My commute is exactly 50 miles each way, and though I work 12-hour shifts, my schedule is set up in such a way that I cannot avoid rush hour on either the front or the back end of the commute on a weekday.

So far, I have accumulated 32k miles on the OEM Goodyear F1s, though to be honest, they've been marginal for the last 4-6k miles. I am limping them along until I can get some Michelin Pilot 4S' next month.

For a manual transmission car, stop and go traffic is less of a hardship than I expected. It has good manners if you can manage to just idle along in traffic while in gear.

I do open the car up fairly frequently, and accordingly, I do go through some oil. Like was my experience with my last car with an LS engine, the LT1 will consume oil if you beat on it, and beating on it shortens the interval until your next oil change. I do my own oil changes with full synthetic oil (Mobil 1) and the engine holds a full 10 quarts. So I try more than ever to shop Costco's seemingly bi-monthly specials on Mobil 1.

Parking hasn't been a hardship so far, but to be fair, I don't have a splitter or any additional ground effects on the car. The Fire Department requires all vehicles at my workplace to be backed into parking spaces, and the rearview camera makes this a piece of cake.

Hope this helps. Happy hunting!
Oil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:57 PM   #18
glebulon

Drives: Hairdresser car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit.fr View Post
Just in case...
Selling my 2017 2ss 50th for a ZL1
You can see it topic fifty p181...
Gorgeous car, priced very well, good luck with the sale.

I am not in a position to buy right now, want to do another season of autox and track with the Miata before selling it.

The Camaro I would autox, doubt I would track it. It's an expensive car and am afraid of wrecking it.
glebulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:22 PM   #19
pullthatwigback

Drives: brz...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSD View Post
Small world, what are you doing lurking on Camaro forum? Are you thinking about getting a camaro too? I miss that miata. It was so fun. I'll probably get another one some day. Let me know if you ever want to go hit some local mountain roads. I'm always up for that.
haha i totally got curious and now im looking. sucks that i just missed out on those 20% tags though.
pullthatwigback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:54 PM   #20
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by glebulon View Post
cars that are still on my list are Focus RS, Evo GSR, E90/92 M3 and the Camaro.
I think these cars have decidedly different personalities, making it hard to make a specific recommendation without knowing more about YOU and what part of the northeast is your home.
I would also suggest you check out this sub-forum:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:05 PM   #21
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
I would comb through the issues forum first.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote