Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-14-2017, 08:17 AM   #29
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
I think Chevy needs to really start playing with rear functional diffusers. Ferarri and McLaren P1 style. That will help rear.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:10 AM   #30
Diggitydog

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Nightfall Convertible M6
I don't think the general public even really know this animal exists. Like the 650hp lying looks or the RS style vertical running lights. I wasn't aware until I started looking and since I found out about it I can't stop. I wouldn't be happy if they just threw some Z06 fender flares on and a plexiglass wickerbill spoiler vs the SS. I think people will figure it out over time, we are a bit ahead of the popular curve. It's a good thing in my books.
Diggitydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #31
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I am surprised by this, I think the new ZL1 looks bada$$. Maybe the word is not out yet as the cars are trailing way behind the announcement.

This was not the case with my 5th gen ZL1 even though it was a 2015. Really though I got a bit tired of the attention and the cell phone pics. One guy even folowed me into the supermarket to talk about the car.

My 2016 SS does not attract as much attention as my 5th gen SSes. I am fine with that and chalk that up to the CA6 Camaro not looking much different (to the untrained Camaro eye) than the 5th gens.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:03 PM   #32
my1stchevy

Drives: 2016 Camaro HBM 2SS NPP MRC
hmmm maybe fredneck is a certain type of place where no one cares to see a nice zl1 or any camaro trim level turn the corner. but people look at my camaro all the time. to me it does keep the feeling of having the car a little more fresh in my mind but im not seeking attention like others.
my1stchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #33
Mishaman68

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
New Gen6 owner here. Gotta jump in.

Have had mine for 10 whole days now and here's my take. I didn't trade in my 13' ZL1 show car for the new one because I thought chicks would be tossing panties at me. (sad I know)
But I have gotten an enormous amount of attention, which honestly, has shocked me. Aside from the hood insert and front grill it isn't an obvious soul destroyer. Yet when I've parked it, gassed her up, been on the road, plenty of comments and looks. The sound of the exhaust tells people somethings up too.

What shocked me was this past Friday I was leaving my office near downtown Dallas and three younger guys pulled up behind me with two of them recording my car on their phones. I'm a cautious man about my possessions so thought they may have been doing so for nefarious reasons but they made their was up to me and were all in awe about the car and all but bought me drinks!

So it isn't a Ferrari that's going to get necks snapping but the car seems to be more recognizable than I had thought.
Mishaman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:17 PM   #34
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
99 percent of people on the even know it exist l. It's just a camaro.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:31 PM   #35
BreedsAS

Drives: 16 Camaro: Mosaic/2SS/A8/NPP/Custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
I think Chevy needs to really start playing with rear functional diffusers. Ferarri and McLaren P1 style. That will help rear.
You are very right. The Z/28 diffuser on my 2014 SS brought it to life.
The 6th Gen Camaros need a functional and aggressive diffuser option pretty badly. A full replacement one too, not that stick on stuff.

'16 Chevy Camaro 2SS Auto - Mosaic Black l Kalahari Interior l NPP l Nav l Sunroof.
Prismatic 22" concave Koko Wheels l Lexani Tires l GM Splitter l ACS Rockers l ACS Spoiler l BMR Drop l Limo tint l Smoked Lighting l Debadged l LEDs l WeatherTech l More to come...
YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq4...9-q-ccCuqVONUw
BreedsAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:49 PM   #36
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishaman68 View Post
New Gen6 owner here. Gotta jump in.

Have had mine for 10 whole days now and here's my take. I didn't trade in my 13' ZL1 show car for the new one because I thought chicks would be tossing panties at me. (sad I know)
But I have gotten an enormous amount of attention, which honestly, has shocked me. Aside from the hood insert and front grill it isn't an obvious soul destroyer. Yet when I've parked it, gassed her up, been on the road, plenty of comments and looks. The sound of the exhaust tells people somethings up too.

What shocked me was this past Friday I was leaving my office near downtown Dallas and three younger guys pulled up behind me with two of them recording my car on their phones. I'm a cautious man about my possessions so thought they may have been doing so for nefarious reasons but they made their was up to me and were all in awe about the car and all but bought me drinks!

So it isn't a Ferrari that's going to get necks snapping but the car seems to be more recognizable than I had thought.
I agree! Now when you see another Hyper Blue ZL1 following you taking video and snapping photos, it's just me on the way back to the office.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:51 PM   #37
GatorsZL1

Drives: 2017 BLK Camaro ZL1
I've experienced quite a bit of attention... most people think its looks like the Bat Mobile. I say... "Hey Thanks!" I disagree with the comment about Mustangs... they all look the same. V6, GT, Mach1,2,3, Roush, GT350, etc...

I'm happy with the front grille and fenders being wider.
GatorsZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:07 PM   #38
NB2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
Love the fact most won't know what it is ... The true car guys however will and that's what counts in my book! My Chevy dealer who didn't get allocation just called me up today to invite me to the Corvette Annual Show they do at their dealership. He really wants my car there... Should be interesting the reaction I get from 250+ fellow Chevy / Vette guys. It's either gonna be love me or hate me ... I know lots of Z06 guys who are already pissed we got their motor and now the A10 first. Should be an interesting meeting ... Have to leave the PDR on in case I catch some keying the car... Lol
Old 02-14-2017, 10:32 PM   #39
whollins

Drives: Camaro
I was chased down just last weekend by a guy. He got up next to me rolled down his window and said I love your car.

I'm used to driving around my 67 and getting a ton of looks. It's not the same but people do take notice of the Zl1.
whollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:44 AM   #40
-Mike

Drives: '17 ZL1
I've noticed the lack of stares and such for the ZL1 also (used to getting all kinds of attention in a supra). I like it though as it doesn't attract extra attention, but those who know, know.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:47 AM   #41
Android42019
The Black Emerald

Drives: '17 ZL1, '08 Trailblazer, '11 1LTRS
Just smile and giggle that they don't even know what it is I had a guy rubberneck through his back window to look at mine
Old 02-15-2017, 01:07 PM   #42
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
I was driving on the opposite side of the freeway about a month ago and noticed a red '17 ZL1 approaching and I immediately recognized it for what it was. I love the look of the new ZL1 but wished the tail end was more attractive but that would not stop me from owning a 6thGen Z model but the 5thGen ZL1's silhouette is pure sex on wheels.
I like the '14-'15 tail end over the '16 myself. A shame the '14-'15 i so heavy and under powered. Still, an attractive car.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote