Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-12-2016, 08:59 PM   #547
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
The SS will likely get it too. Right now the auto option is $300 different between the 6 speed auto in the Mustang and 8 speed in gen Camaro. It will likely be equal down the road.
I can't help but feel that the move from Mustang's current 6R80 to the 10R80 will show marked improvement over Camaro's move from the 8L90 to (10L90?).

It'll be interesting to see how different the two units end up once they hit the market in a comparable set-up.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:38 AM   #548
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
Ding ding ding. My past 5 cars have been.........'14 Zl1, '15 GTR, '16 Z06, '16 Lexus RC 350, '16 Silverado 1500 ME.

I have no loyalty. My next car will be the NSX.
I'm not punching quite as high in price range as you are, but my search is similar in that I'm not brand or even segment loyal.

Here's a list of the vehicles I am considering:

Camaro SS
Tahoe
Porsche Macan
Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Hyundai Genesis sedan
Audi S5
Mercedes C450/C43 coupe

My plan is to just drive them all, note my impressions, and pick the one I like best. The Macan I find interesting because it's probably the most engaging SUV that exists, but it's also a rolling compromise. While I love the truck like behavior of the Tahoe, it's obviously the least engaging drive. I like the value and isolation the Genesis provides, but this might be even less engaging than the Tahoe lol. The Camaro will be the most fun to drive, but gives up the most practicality. The Challenger gives up a little performance compared to the Camaro, but gains practicality and livability. The Mercedes and Audi give up a little top end performance, but offer better refinement and interiors, while still being fun to drive.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:39 PM   #549
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
Well, what happens when Ford gives the GT a slight power bump, and makes the A10 available (in the GT)?
If those things happen for MY '18 I don't see this trend reversing.
Ford Performance has starting offering 3 power packs ranging from 500 to 2500 in cost (retail). the more pricey one adds the intake manifold from the gt350 (as well as throttle body and CAI), and bumps the rev limiter to around 7500, purportedly pushing the coyote to between 475 to 495 hp.

The arms race continues....
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:50 AM   #550
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
I can't help but feel that the move from Mustang's current 6R80 to the 10R80 will show marked improvement over Camaro's move from the 8L90 to (10L90?).

It'll be interesting to see how different the two units end up once they hit the market in a comparable set-up.
GM and Ford had previously collaborated on the 6 speed FWD transmission that GM used on the Traverse, Outlook, Enclave, Acadia. Ford's was fine..........................GM had at least one recall to recalibrate that transmission in those vehicles. So the mechanicals are only a portion of executing a transmission.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:45 AM   #551
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
August 1st DII numbers:

Mustang ....................26,600 (72 Days)
Challenger ..................16,500 (76 Days)
Camaro ......................27,400 (129 Days)

But this was planned, right?
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:08 AM   #552
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
August 1st DII numbers:

Mustang ....................26,600 (72 Days)
Challenger ..................16,500 (76 Days)
Camaro ......................27,400 (129 Days)

But this was planned, right?
Of course it was planned. Don't you know Chevy is moving up market and competing for sales with BMW now? They need to have higher prices and more dealer inventory to do this. It also keeps less of them from actually being purchased which allows for gen 6 owners to have some exclusivity to their rides and keeps re-sale values high.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:10 AM   #553
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Of course it was planned. Don't you know Chevy is moving up market and competing for sales with BMW now? They need to have higher prices and more dealer inventory to do this. It also keeps less of them from actually being purchased which allows for gen 6 owners to have some exclusivity to their rides and keeps re-sale values high.

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:50 PM   #554

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
...Time to think about what to say for the August sales thread!....

I think Camaro numbers will be better slightly...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:59 PM   #555
aestil

Drives: White
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

I predict roughly flat sales from July.
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:36 PM   #556
2011shelby

Drives: 2011ShelbyGT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

Simple
Copy/paste the first 25 pages.
2011shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:58 PM   #557
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:

They're Camaros. Resale won't be any higher than they ever were. You'll still see gen6 six bangers sitting in the local trailer parks in years to come. I'm already seeing some pretty ratty looking gen5 cars running around. Lowering the amount of volume and increasing the MSRP doesn't automatically put you in BMW's world. They'll be real exclusive when they go away do to lack of profitability. I hope not, but they are tanking, and with all the issues they've been having, I don't see it getting any better. The local undertaker just bought a vert. It's been in the shop three times since he bought it two months ago.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:24 PM   #558
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
They're Camaros. Resale won't be any higher than they ever were. You'll still see gen6 six bangers sitting in the local trailer parks in years to come. I'm already seeing some pretty ratty looking gen5 cars running around. Lowering the amount of volume and increasing the MSRP doesn't automatically put you in BMW's world. They'll be real exclusive when they go away do to lack of profitability. I hope not, but they are tanking, and with all the issues they've been having, I don't see it getting any better. The local undertaker just bought a vert. It's been in the shop three times since he bought it two months ago.
Yup these gen6's are a serious pos. I predict 2017 will be last year for the camaro
Old 08-31-2016, 07:36 PM   #559
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Yup these gen6's are a serious pos. I predict 2017 will be last year for the camaro
Well, the interwebs has people posting with problems so they all must have issues....
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:07 PM   #560
Vectors2Final

Drives: 17' Camaro 2SS 16' Jeep GC SRT
Quote:
I think the people pretending are the ones that think a Chevy Camaro is ever going to be the "hey I made it" status symbol that a BMW is. Sure those looking at pure performance may cross shop but in general no one looking for a bimmer badge on his or her car is also looking at a Chevy. They likely came from a Ford or Chevy and are "moving up in the world".

Hey Bob I hear you got the Mega Bucks account. Yeah Dan I finally made it I'm gonna go buy a Chevy!
I'd ditched my 2015 M3 with roughly 520RWHP for a 2SS this past Sunday. The process from interest to getting a check in my hand took about five days. As nice as my M3 was, something was missing. I determined that the M3 was just not worth the premium I was paying for it. I feel like GM fixed everything I ever disliked about the Gen5. I honestly don't feel like I downgraded, although many would disagree. It does everything my M3 did, and even has a bit more... I took the equity that was in the BMW and applied it towards my Gen6, which allowed me to have an amazing car, that I feel is just as good, for half the payment.

The Camaro isn't as impractical as some say, but that's all relative. I've owned several Mustangs and other two door cars, so I already know what to expect. Given the amount of footwell space up front, I was able to determine that I could scoot up a lot closer than I thought I could just by looking at the interior. It works for me in my current situation, but I could definitely see how it wouldn't work for others. In the end we're talking about practicality of a pony car, which is laughable. I'd be lying if I said it was perfect. There are some shortcomings, but they weren't deal breakers for me. Visibility? Seems like driver error, to me. I can literally watch someone drive into my blind spot and when I can't see them anymore, they're right beside me. That's not including all the nannies it comes with. People have this thing for pointing their side mirrors at the side of their car for some reason.

I'm pretty happy with my choice, and I'm glad I didn't buy another Mustang.
Vectors2Final is offline   Reply With Quote