Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #15
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-SS View Post
My RX catch can was on order over a week ago....before I pulled the plugs. I agree with you; that has nothing to do with this. The tune will be coming with the header install. Do you think I should get a new set of stock plugs?
Was it running bad before? Yes it shows a tad rich but they are far from fouling out. Personally, i'd clean them up and run em. If there's a problem during or after the tune, it's easy enough to install new ones then.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #16
siriusdish

Drives: 2010 Camaro L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-SS View Post
My RX catch can was on order over a week ago....before I pulled the plugs. I agree with you; that has nothing to do with this. The tune will be coming with the header install. Do you think I should get a new set of stock plugs?
Yes, NGK!
vararam intake, Vmax TB,Vmax Intake,TSP VVT 3 Cam,TSP underdrive pulley,Yank 3600,TM Cooler,ARH 2", High Flow cats, X-pipe, GM Pro mufflers, RX Catch Can,160 stat, BMR Trailing,toe,Cradle insert, Diff. Bushings, End links, Spohn-LCA's (Touring)Wheel spacer's. 422 rwhp Mustang Dyno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaFNAhCL7Os
siriusdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #17
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Was it running bad before? Yes it shows a tad rich but they are far from fouling out. Personally, i'd clean them up and run em. If there's a problem during or after the tune, it's easy enough to install new ones then.
Not at all. It runs great. I can't wait to see what the headers and tune does to it. You have a good point. Plugs are easy on this car.

P.S. - I have to give a shout-out to PB Penetrating Catalyst. I put WD-40 on the sensors yesterday afternoon as soon as I took the manifolds out and at noon today the sensors wouldn't budge. I sprayed the PB on my O2 sensors and 15 min later they came out like butter. That stuff is AMAZING.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #18
rahallfly

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
There is nothing wrong with your car, like everyone said it is a stock tune, and Im sure you also still have the AFM working so that is another issue that will show on some cylinders/plugs!

SHAKE ANNNNNNND BAKE!!!!!
rahallfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #19
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
I say your ok, I'd run a new set as well if you can swing it coin wise. A tune will do wonders.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #20
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahallfly View Post
There is nothing wrong with your car, like everyone said it is a stock tune, and Im sure you also still have the AFM working so that is another issue that will show on some cylinders/plugs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
I say your ok, I'd run a new set as well if you can swing it coin wise. A tune will do wonders.
Thanks for feedback guys. It is very reassuring to have a site like this to get advice and learn from. I can swing a new set. litle88, you just about have me convinced to just do that. I certainly won't hurt.