View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 11:01 AM   #24
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
I should have been more specific. You did try changing to Sport mode to see if you like the feel on that setting better right? Or do both Comfort and Sport not cut it for you?

Doesn't the Climate controls stay in AUTO if you leave it that way on turn off? In my BMW I pretty much leave it on AUTO all the time. Bout the only thing I adjust is temp up or down a couple degrees or hit max A/C on a hot day (which pulls it out of AUTO). There's a lot of people who say it is a bad idea to completely turn off air flow for the before mentioned mildew problems. Honestly though if you are wanting to turn it off, close the vents. It's your easiest fix. I know that's probably irritating though.

The manual states heated seats on remote start will only come on during cold days. So guessing there is some sort of tie in to the ambient air sensor. So you shouldn't have a problem there. It is odd to me that ventilated seats don't have a remote option (at least according to the manual online) but Dodge does with theirs.

Btw, thanks for the review and replies. I'm in IT too, so things you zeroed in on are important to me too.
Yes I have changed driving modes and prefer more of a comfort steering wheel feel as opposed to a more tighter road feel experience. I prefer both the steering feel and transmission in Tour mode. I do switch to Sport when going up big hills though because I like the way it shifts smoother in situations like that. I personally just prefer a more easy/comfort driving experience.

I actually believe that the remote start climate controls default to whatever your last setting was, not automatic. Just going off my memory though, because once I get in I remember pushing auto. That's interesting the manual sated that, guess I overlooked that part. It probably defaults to the hottest setting (3 seat temp settings) which is actually really warm so I probably wouldn't even prefer that. I would almost think that they'd have a software update for the venitalatd seat option, but I guess that's just me being optimistic.

Mind me asking what you do specifically and if you like it? Not sure which route to take yet and how many years of schooling/experience is going to be necessary. As a tech comparison, I would almost say the Camaro is the Android of cars (fully customizable with plenty of options) while the Mustang is the iPhone (none of any customizations and options).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartem2 View Post
Very nice throw review, couldn't agree more about the blind spots, they are a non issu once you drive it a few days, anyone harping on about the blind spots ether needs to learn how to adjust their mirrors correctly or are bias agenst the Camaro and are just looking for something to gripe about.
Thank you! Exactly, I think Chevy did exactly what they needed to do in order to solve the blind spot issue, but some people are never satisfied and need something to complain about. If you're paying attention to the road you should always have a general idea of where all the vehicles are around you, at least that's what I do. Don't advocate it, but I switch lanes without a turn signal at times when I know the distance I have is great from vehicles around me and haven't had a single issue even glancing at the side mirrors without dependability on the blind spot monitoring feature. Some people just need to learn how to drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Fantastic review!

I would hope to shout this car would club a V6 Mustang in terms of comfort and features...the Camaro was probably...about $12,000 more? In terms of MSRP? Literally the most base Mustang you can get with the most loaded Camaro shy of a 2SS possible...
By the time I was out the door after everything I believe it was entry 2SS pricing and around the 'fully loaded' Premium Mustang GT price that being NOWHERE near as loaded as the Camaro is. Going all out on a fully loaded V6 vs getting a V8 feature-less in my case was well worth it.
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote