Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-18-2023, 08:14 AM   #1
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
Paying MSRP or Under?

Are you guys finding dealers selling Camaros for under MSRP?
Sorry for the long read.
I spent about 3 weeks looking at cars online mostly on Chevrolet.com. Once I determined what options I wanted I started looking at cars with those options and comparing prices on cars that were available now or that would be delivered in the next week or so. I knew I didn't want the 1LE package because the Recaro seats were uncomfortable for me. I knew I wanted a coupe with Magnetic Ride Control, Dual-mode exhaust, 10 speed auto, black wheels and the entertainment system with navigation. There were only 3 colors that I was interested in, black, riverside blue metallic and radiant red tintcoat. When I found a car that interested me I would look at the dealer's site to see what they were actually asking for the car and seeing what else that had available. There were very few 2SS cars in blue or red available so I decided on black. I found quite a few that fit the bill but when I called about them they were either sold, being held for a customer or 3 or 4 weeks away from being delivered. I finally found a car I liked that had everything I wanted except the entertainment system with navigation. Chevrolet.com showed the MSRP price but not what the dealer was selling it for. The dealer had it listed for $1544 under MSRP and they don't charge any additional dealer fees. I figured that not charging any fees saved me $800-1000. Some dealers were offering a $750 Chevrolet incentive. I was happy with paying around $2500 less than most other dealers would charge. I found one dealer that was adding $10,000 to the 2SS MSRP.
jfkheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 08:31 AM   #2
SwL_Wildcat

Drives: 2024 ZL1
Prices are a crap shoot right now. Some cars are indeed going for MSRP or less, some have as much as $50K markup. It definitely pays to shop around. I paid $8K over MSRP in Canadian, but if I wanted the car that was the only option. Even with the $8K Cdn markup added it is equivalent to $89K USD which is about $6K USD less than the cars USD MSRP. Unfortunately once they are all gone people will be paying that same money for used ones.
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 09:05 AM   #3
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Haven't seen one single dealer in the Indianapolis are charging over MSRP. Some 2023 2SS in stock units are selling for 10% UNDER MSRP.
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 09:10 AM   #4
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
I paid about $1000 under MSRP for mine in June and was happy with that. Under no circumstances would I pay over MSRP for a mass produced vehicle made in the tens of thousands. These scummy dealers charging $5K, $10K+ over sticker are a disgrace and should not be rewarded with your business.
Old 11-18-2023, 09:11 AM   #5
jfkheat
jfkheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapote21 View Post
Haven't seen one single dealer in the Indianapolis are charging over MSRP. Some 2023 2SS in stock units are selling for 10% UNDER MSRP.
When I was looking I found a new 2023 2SS that I almost bought that was $5000 below MSRP. I passed because it had the Recaro seats.
Old 11-18-2023, 09:14 AM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Probably quite a few places that are MSRP or Under right now but next year the only ones left will have markups until someone buys them...

All about supply and demand...
Old 11-18-2023, 12:31 PM   #7
pitrott1
OSCM(SW) USN Ret.

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS-1LE VOM 6M
May I ask why this is even a topic? It's supply and demand, and to be honest with interest rates insurance and the nature of the Camaro ownership. These are not cheap cars/experience/maintenance. So, to start if you are considering ownership, you must have the spare paper. Procrastination over the best deal will cost more in the long game with less choices to buy. If you see it and love it, own it b4 they are gone. Just saying.
Attached Images

3300 5/1/23
3800 5/4/23
4200 6/1/23
6000 6/6/23
pitrott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 05:17 PM   #8
nismofreak

Drives: 2024 2SS 1LE
The dealer where I ordered from wanted a $3k markup. The other dealers around there were including similar markups. I was able to find my car in another state at MSRP and jumped on it immediately.

The three thousand I “saved” will go towards consumables once I start tracking it.

2024 2SS 1LE | 6MT | PDR | VOM
1100 - 9/29
9000 - 10/31

Last edited by nismofreak; 11-18-2023 at 05:27 PM.
nismofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 05:25 PM   #9
pwj155

Drives: Chevy Equinox, Radiant Red LT1
If you can get what you want for msrp or under, jump on it asap. the - $750 is from gm and also - $500 if you're a veteran. I got mine at Fairey Chevy in Orangeburg S.C. but another really good dealer is Palmetto chevy in Conway S.C. good luck with your search.
p.s. I have the Recaros and I think they are the most comfortable seats that I've had. If you really dislike them I'm sure someone on this forum would be happy to swap you and maybe throw in some cash.
pwj155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 08:05 PM   #10
jfkheat
jfkheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwj155 View Post
If you can get what you want for msrp or under, jump on it asap. the - $750 is from gm and also - $500 if you're a veteran. I got mine at Fairey Chevy in Orangeburg S.C. but another really good dealer is Palmetto chevy in Conway S.C. good luck with your search.
p.s. I have the Recaros and I think they are the most comfortable seats that I've had. If you really dislike them I'm sure someone on this forum would be happy to swap you and maybe throw in some cash.
I'm a big guy. The Recaro seats aren't comfortable for me.

I found the car I wanted and bought it. It was delivered to me Tuesday.
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2023, 09:06 PM   #11
pwj155

Drives: Chevy Equinox, Radiant Red LT1
Congratulations, very cool car!
pwj155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 10:32 PM   #12
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitrott1 View Post
May I ask why this is even a topic? It's supply and demand, and to be honest with interest rates insurance and the nature of the Camaro ownership. These are not cheap cars/experience/maintenance. So, to start if you are considering ownership, you must have the spare paper. Procrastination over the best deal will cost more in the long game with less choices to buy. If you see it and love it, own it b4 they are gone. Just saying.
You and Mlee are spot on. No one wants to pay over, but it’s the end and if what you want isn’t readily available you make a decision. Dealers are there as a business they aren’t your friend. They want to milk you for every penny just as much as you want to squeeze them for every penny and then boast about your deal. Personally I prefer what Tesla is doing. You want it, it’s MSRP, end of story.
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 06:46 AM   #13
SwL_Wildcat

Drives: 2024 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfab View Post
You and Mlee are spot on. No one wants to pay over, but it’s the end and if what you want isn’t readily available you make a decision. Dealers are there as a business they aren’t your friend. They want to milk you for every penny just as much as you want to squeeze them for every penny and then boast about your deal. Personally I prefer what Tesla is doing. You want it, it’s MSRP, end of story.

Quite true.
You get your house appraised for $500K and put it on the market at for $500K. Someone offers you $500K and another person offers you $550K who are you going to sell it to? I can see both sides of it. Your house, and any car, is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
I signed a bill of sale for order CTNK78 months before I had a VIN number, probably the day the dealer got the allocation. The dealer said in the time that it took to build the car and get delivered to the dealer they had "hundreds" of calls on the car. I don't know how true that is but I believe they quite a few calls on it. When a VIN was assigned to the car it started to appear on their websites and autotrader ads. I had a buddy call in and try to offer 20K over MSRP to see if they were going to sell it out from under me. To my relief they turned him down and tried to sell him a 2SS car that was coming in. I have no doubt they could have gotten more than 8K over MSRP if I didn't have a bill of sale and a deposit on the car.
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 12:49 AM   #14
WishfulSS

Drives: 17 Volt, 20 Mustang, 2015 Boxster S
Local dealers wanted $2.5-5K over sticker for a 1SS 1LE. I saw a car on the Chevrolet website that was a 2SS 1LE in my color riptide blue metallic with a 6MT. I called the dealer who was 350 miles from me and the person who ordered it had backed out. So I worked with the sales person to get it for $960 under sticker. So about what my local NorCal dealers wanted for a 1SS. I got financing and brought it home 11/9/23.
Attached Images

WishfulSS is offline   Reply With Quote