Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-05-2023, 02:02 PM   #1
PaulsSS

Drives: 15SS Camaro
Tips for removing drivers side rear inside plastic pieces

Wednesday had someone park next to me in a SUV rear pass flung door open that whacked my rear fender above the wheel badly. They did this while I was standing there, when they got out I said hey you hit my car. They said go eff yourself ahole! I called the cops and 2 mins later cops went in the store and brought them out. Well they had no insurance and claimed they never even opened the rear door. So the cop opened the rear door and of course the white paint and dent lines up perfectly. Cop says its a civil matter so I have to sue them to recover the 4-5 hundred it will cost to fix it.

So can anyone tell me how to remove the drivers rear plastic pieces without breaking them?
PaulsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 02:26 PM   #2
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
I can't, but hopefully the cop at least popped them for driving without insurance! Good grief.
Old 08-05-2023, 02:44 PM   #3
PaulsSS

He wouldn't let them go until they proved they had insurance and after 1/2 hr they had not. I had to leave at that point because I was late for a meeting(Burger King Whopper/Cheese). Cop told me in 15 days I can request a police report with all their info. I still can't understand why they acted so poorly, I was genuinely nice when I told them they hit my car. I was upset because the car is perfect still after all these years but I wasn't mad. I thought it was a accident, obviously not if would have heard the guy on the phone calling his relative's. Went something to the effect all Camaro owners are ahole's and whats the big deal its just a LARGE WHITE SCRATCH AND DENT on a BLACK Camaro! Cop told me right out hes trying to get me mad so I do something in frt of the cop. I'm almost 70, the only thing that could really make me mad is holding back food from me. The rest is just fluff. Honestly had they been nice and said sorry I would have drove away.

PS Monday my new Fender American Pine Sienna Sunburst Stratocaster arrives from Sam Ash, all is well with me >

Last edited by PaulsSS; 08-05-2023 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-05-2023, 07:59 PM   #4
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Google how to replace the rear deck speakers and that will show you how to remove them.
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 08:45 PM   #5
Pkeen

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs, 2008 Avalanche
Yea but go park in the no parking zone in front of the store doors and the cops want to write you ticket,but something like this oh it's on you ! Double standard !
2010 Rally Yellow 2ss/rs , M6 ,416ci , K1 rods & crank,weisco -3.0cc dome pistons,.040 head gasket, 11.5 compression,1 3/4" LT ,3" pipes w/x-pipe no cats, Cam Motion cam 239/247 113+3 .621"/604" lift , BTR .660 Platinum dual springs w/Titanium retainers, CAI . Stock ls3 heads,intake,injectors & TB. 515rwhp/500rwtq.
Pkeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 09:27 AM   #6
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulsSS View Post
Wednesday had someone park next to me in a SUV rear pass flung door open that whacked my rear fender above the wheel badly. They did this while I was standing there, when they got out I said hey you hit my car. They said go eff yourself ahole! I called the cops and 2 mins later cops went in the store and brought them out. Well they had no insurance and claimed they never even opened the rear door. So the cop opened the rear door and of course the white paint and dent lines up perfectly. Cop says its a civil matter so I have to sue them to recover the 4-5 hundred it will cost to fix it.

So can anyone tell me how to remove the drivers rear plastic pieces without breaking them?
Youmight be able to access the area in question from the wheel well. Take the wheel off and remove the wheel well liner. Not sure if you can get to it from inside the car. Just a thought.
Old 08-06-2023, 09:35 AM   #7
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Look into paintless dent removal. These guys do phenominal work at taking dents out. Depending on the scratch, it might not buff out, but the panel will be straight.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 10:28 AM   #8
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1 m6
Man! What ever happened to respecting your elders !! My apologies that happened sir
Old 08-07-2023, 03:52 PM   #9
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
Look into paintless dent removal. These guys do phenominal work at taking dents out. Depending on the scratch, it might not buff out, but the panel will be straight.
^ Great idea!!!FasNuf. I've seen some great PDR. Good luck PaulsSS. As far that a##hole goes that whacked your fender, I had someone actually piss on my now wife's truck years ago. 6 guys in their car and just me and my girl. So I waited until they made there way up the boardwalk to the Jersey Shore and keyed his car so bad, that you could actually see the steel reflecting from the parking lot lights. The only regret is that I wasn't there to see he mayhem at the end of the night when they noticed. It was a 1995 Mustang too.. That story you just told me makes me so mad as if it happened to me. I especially love when I go out of my way to park far from where I have to go with no cars parked around me and ONE a##hole has to park next to me. Some people are just such sh*theads!!!!
Old 08-07-2023, 05:44 PM   #10
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
I agree with PDR. I've had it done on my door a few times. Great outcome.
Old 08-07-2023, 06:06 PM   #11
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekono View Post
^ Great idea!!!FasNuf. I've seen some great PDR. Good luck PaulsSS. As far that a##hole goes that whacked your fender, I had someone actually piss on my now wife's truck years ago. 6 guys in their car and just me and my girl. So I waited until they made their way up the boardwalk to the Jersey Shore and keyed his car so bad, that you could actually see the steel reflecting from the parking lot lights. The only regret is that I wasn't there to see he mayhem at the end of the night when they noticed. It was a 1995 Mustang too.. That story you just told me makes me so mad as if it happened to me. I especially love when I go out of my way to park far from where I have to go with no cars parked around me and ONE a##hole has to park next to me. Some people are just such sh*theads!!!!

Funny shit, some people get what they deserve by all means. I’m with you. I’m always parking away from everyone even in my DD silverado. About 75% of the time some ass hat has to park right next to me so close I can hardly get the door open. Pisses me off everytime. I’ve been known to be rough with those peoples cars in ways that doesn’t hurt mine. Things like “Hey babe” let me see your metal studded purse for a second, oops I bounced the studs off their door” “if they weren’t parked so close in an empty lot I’d feel bad about it”

Sometimes I can’t decide if people are just mega ass holes or truly that re… I mean stupid to park like that.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 08:49 AM   #12
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I took my side panel out and i believe the majority of it is held in with push clips. You have the remove the rear seat first I believe. Its a real PITA if I remember correctly. And getting all the push clips to line back up when your done is an even bigger PITA. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I know that here in Florida atleast half the drivers on the road it seems don't have insurance and even if they do its a no fault state. So if your car is damaged your basically on your own.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 09:36 AM   #13
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulsSS View Post

I'm upset that happened, but angry they had no respect for a senior citizen. Please know that many of us were raised better.

I discovered a dent on the rear wheel well and it was right across the crease! Clearly it was done by a car door and I was certain there was no way it would be repaired without a body shop. I found a highly recommended paintless dent repair (PDR) guy and after about 90 minutes, I would've sworn that nothing happened. He apologized for not being able to get it perfect, but I looked at it from every possible angle, even shining a light, but could not find what he meant. It's the reason he's the professional!

I suggest finding a highly rated PDR guy, don't skimp on the price, as I can assure you from experience that it can be fixed.
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2023, 10:05 AM   #14
PaulsSS

I'm a senior citizen? Well maybe I am but inside I'm 25 and as crazy as it sounds i forget how old I am at times. World is such a different place than what I thought it was. One thing that never changes is FOOD and thats what I put my faith in. As far as the dent is concerned I'm a little put off trying to take it anyplace because little things with cars can snowball quickly into lots of crap. If a small dent is all I have to worry about I'm in good shape and my new American pine strat is very cool. Made me forget all about the dent.