Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-22-2023, 12:29 AM   #1
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Wow..looking for very inexpensive Camaro badging?

...and other accessories? Check out Temu.com. We have already placed a few orders for other items from this site and tonight, just for grins, I looked up "Camaro" in the search bar. Check this out:

https://www.temu.com/search_result.h..._page_sn=10005
Old 04-22-2023, 08:31 AM   #2
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
wow,those are some good prices.might have to buy a few items myself...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 08:58 AM   #3
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
wow,those are some good prices.might have to buy a few items myself...
Between Carol and I, we have placed four different orders for several items, and I have to say, there have been no disappointments. I even bought a very cool smart watch for $3.44. No joke.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:53 PM   #4
Lacpac

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat RS
emblempros.com
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 07:07 PM   #5
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacpac View Post
emblempros.com
They definitely have a much wider selection but dang, they're pretty proud of that stuff.
Old 04-25-2023, 08:42 AM   #6
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
They definitely have a much wider selection but dang, they're pretty proud of that stuff.
Yep. I've had several different things from emblempros and I gotta say, they do a great job, quality product, AND if you have something custom, they can do that as well. Just have to contact them and discuss it.
Old 04-25-2023, 07:41 PM   #7
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Yep. I've had several different things from emblempros and I gotta say, they do a great job, quality product, AND if you have something custom, they can do that as well. Just have to contact them and discuss it.
Right on. I probably won't have a need but it's good to know. I'm too cheap for those prices...grin...but you never know, right?
Old 04-25-2023, 10:00 PM   #8
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Personally, I would stay the hell away from Temu. They was caught red handed installing code specifically designed to hack peoples phones and computers to steal social security numbers, birthdays, credit card numbers, and other private information. Temu's parent company (which is owned and operated by the Chinese Government btw) was caught not too long ago for stealing personal information and selling it off to other groups and individuals for the purpose of committing identity theft.

Nothing on their site is worth having your identity stolen and having to deal with that head ache for the rest of your life.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 10:47 PM   #9
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Personally, I would stay the hell away from Temu. They was caught red handed installing code specifically designed to hack peoples phones and computers to steal social security numbers, birthdays, credit card numbers, and other private information. Temu's parent company (which is owned and operated by the Chinese Government btw) was caught not too long ago for stealing personal information and selling it off to other groups and individuals for the purpose of committing identity theft.

Nothing on their site is worth having your identity stolen and having to deal with that head ache for the rest of your life.
Citations please. I can find nothing that supports your position here. The company, while China-owned is actually US based with a NASDAQ ticker, and like Amazon and every other online retailer, the vast majority of their products come from China. In fact most of the stuff on Temu is offered by the very same sellers on Amazon and eBay.

Here is a great Forbes article that covers a lot of ground about Temu (both the good and the potential bad). But note, no mention of any credit card stealing.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/conormu...h=7e27b8083f14

Speaking of credit card stealing, did you know that not too long ago, statistically speaking, you had a greater chance of being ripped off by a local business than you did with online commerce?

There's risk in any online activity. Take precautions, watch your accounts and be happy. I have had almost zero issue in decades of online buying.

But having said that, you do you and I'll do me. If you have ever done anything online with a credit card, your information is out there and probably on a dark web list or two already.

(On a side note, I guess there was some concern awhile back that the Temu app monitored chats and social media if you installed the app on your phone. But still - I can find nothing online about it stealing credit card data or identities.)
Old 04-26-2023, 07:33 AM   #10
Bluebagger06

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
1.8 / 5.0 Rating! Yeah sounds like great place to order to me!
Old 04-26-2023, 08:13 AM   #11
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebagger06 View Post
1.8 / 5.0 Rating! Yeah sounds like great place to order to me!
So don't order man. Good grief.
That statistic is based on 54 reviews on BBB out of literally millions of transactions from around the world.
And none of those reviews had anything to do with identity theft. Stay on topic. And if you're going to
quote a statistic, be honest and keep it in context.

And mods, any way to block people on this site? Frankly I'm getting tired of having a resident stalker harping on
everything I post here they happen to disagree with.

Last edited by Danial; 04-26-2023 at 08:23 AM.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 08:46 AM   #12
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post

And mods, any way to block people on this site? Frankly I'm getting tired of having a resident stalker harping on
everything I post here they happen to disagree with.
i do see a pattern just dropped off a facebook group for same reason.... sorry man i had a guy tell me to go take my trophy i won to autozone as they deserve it more than i do since i did not do crap to my car.... i will say the parts do look interesting thinking of placing an order...thanks for site!

Last edited by 2010sgm; 04-26-2023 at 11:03 AM.
2010sgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 09:50 AM   #13
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacpac View Post
emblempros.com
Great products and made in the USA. 👍
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 04:56 PM   #14
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post

At this point I think we have more to fear from our own government than we do the Chinese!
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote