Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-26-2023, 09:06 AM   #1
TheDocKlopek

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Default Radio Input To SiriusXM

Sorry if this is somewhere burred on these forums, but just a nice to have kinda thing would be when I click on the radio option it doesn't default to FM 95.7 where I always have to switch it over to SiriusXM.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2023, 09:50 AM   #2
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDocKlopek View Post
Sorry if this is somewhere burred on these forums, but just a nice to have kinda thing would be when I click on the radio option it doesn't default to FM 95.7 where I always have to switch it over to SiriusXM.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!
Don't quite understand "when I click on the radio option". My radio always plays the last thing it was playing when I turned the car off. If that's Sirius, it plays Sirius, on the last channel it was tuned to. If it was my iPhone library, it plays whatever song was playing, and where it left off. If it's radio, it's the last station that was playing. What exactly does yours do when you start the car?
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:59 AM   #3
TheDocKlopek

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I guess you are correct that it will use the last "Radio" option used before the car was turned off. Maybe the issue I am referring to only happens when I switch from my Android Auto music back to radio, THEN it goes to FM instead of SiriusXM. Now that I think about it more, that is the thing I would like corrected. Sorry for any confusions.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:03 PM   #4
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDocKlopek View Post
I guess you are correct that it will use the last "Radio" option used before the car was turned off. Maybe the issue I am referring to only happens when I switch from my Android Auto music back to radio, THEN it goes to FM instead of SiriusXM. Now that I think about it more, that is the thing I would like corrected. Sorry for any confusions.

It's been awhile since I used Sirius in my SS as I let it lapse. I'm content to use my iPhone library when I drive the car. IIRC, it should work just like my other GM that I do have Sirius on, and when switching from my iPhone I just have to hit one of the presets that I have memorized to one of my Sirius channels, and it goes right from iPhone to Sirius, not to an FM channel first.
Do you have any presets programmed? Do they show up at the bottom of the screen? I know on my wife's CTS, and the XT5 I just sold, the presets can be "swiped" down and not show up on the screen at all, but that's the Caddy Cue system. I don't recall what my SS does, and it's in storage so I can't check. But there should be a way to go from Android to Sirius without going to FM first.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote