Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-21-2022, 12:21 AM   #1
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Question about front shroud where hood lever is in engine compartment

Question: On the black painted metal shroud that surrounds the hood locking mechanism, and is right at the front of the engine compartment, do the four bolts that are there serve multiple functions? There are four bolts, and two bump stops. The two front most bolts are partially up on my car, and the back two are tightened all the way down. The front two, that are up a bit, do not budge if you try to hand turn them. They’re not loose. I thought they were cross threaded, when I noticed earlier today, then I searched images of hood compartment for other 6th gens on Google, and saw that some are down flush, and others are like mine, slightly up. It’s always the front two that are up a bit, if any are up. I’m starting to think, maybe they are adjustment screws for something as well. Any ideas or info on this? Thank you! Photo attached has two screws, that are slightly up and not flush, circled in blue.
Attached Images

1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 02:29 AM   #2
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
Question: On the black painted metal shroud that surrounds the hood locking mechanism, and is right at the front of the engine compartment, do the four bolts that are there serve multiple functions? There are four bolts, and two bump stops. The two front most bolts are partially up on my car, and the back two are tightened all the way down. The front two, that are up a bit, do not budge if you try to hand turn them. They’re not loose. I thought they were cross threaded, when I noticed earlier today, then I searched images of hood compartment for other 6th gens on Google, and saw that some are down flush, and others are like mine, slightly up. It’s always the front two that are up a bit, if any are up. I’m starting to think, maybe they are adjustment screws for something as well. Any ideas or info on this? Thank you! Photo attached has two screws, that are slightly up and not flush, circled in blue.
Those front two screws adjust the front fascia up and down so that it is even with the hood. If the screws are tightened all the way down, the fascia is raised up higher than the level of the hood. That is how my CPO '16 1LT originally came to me, and some forum posts helped me fix that so that the front of my hood was no longer "sunken" below the top of the fascia.

See these links for more info:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555225
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=21
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 10:01 AM   #3
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maverick View Post
Those front two screws adjust the front fascia up and down so that it is even with the hood. If the screws are tightened all the way down, the fascia is raised up higher than the level of the hood. That is how my CPO '16 1LT originally came to me, and some forum posts helped me fix that so that the front of my hood was no longer "sunken" below the top of the fascia.

See these links for more info:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555225
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=21

Awesome! Thank you for the information! I tried searching the forum, but I must have not hit the right key words. Super helpful, and much appreciated. I thought they must adjust something, but wasn’t sure it would be the front fascia. Have a great Sunday, and thanks again!
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote