Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 11-05-2021, 01:15 PM   #1
schoenmaro55

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Exhaust Rattle?

Hey Guys,

I have noticed from the second day I got my car it has a NASTY rattle that always sounds like it's coming from the RR area of the car. 2021 2SS 1LE....I noticed the original owner of my car put an axleback on my exhaust and when the axleback was mounted on the car.. it was a bit of a sloppy job.

Since then I have done some research and it looks like it's a pretty well known issue of the stock exhaust being either mounted wrong on these cars or having a bit of leak.

https://youtu.be/6U-MtI1fv2o?t=24 (Watch this video at 24 seconds), and then please watch my video from below... pretty much the same noise... you can hear it rattling on the outside... sometime soon I will get the noise on the inside. It's very intermittent and extremely annoying.

Here is it on my car: https://youtu.be/m72s242kpQc (Pay attention to the last 4-5 seconds of the video).

I have noticed Chevy has given people brand new exhausts under warranty, but I'm assuming since the original owner threw an axleback on the tips of the exhaust, they would probably void me and not get a new exhaust.

What do you guys think of this? I mean I guess an easy answer is just get an entirely aftermarket exhaust... but that's expensive and something I hadn't planned on doing.

2021 Camaro 2SS 1LE Riverside Blue "Midnight"
schoenmaro55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:00 PM   #2
Paulie-G

Drives: 2SS 1LE & ZR2
My 2ss 1le did make a rattle when it was new. I searched here and found some info on a tsb regarding the npp valve on that side.
It requires grinding the actuators slightly.
I'm not sure why but mine quit doing it on it's own.
Either the exhaust broke in or I just don't hear it anymore since the non monitored cats fell off.
Paulie-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 01:53 PM   #3
schoenmaro55

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Still haven't figured it out, but I got the noise on camera.... I know the camera is facing the wrong way, but this noise is sounding like it's coming from the RR area of the car. You can hear it from about 3-6 seconds. I have an axleback on this car so I don't think it would have anything to do with the NPP valve because I think that's gone now haha. Is it an interior piece, a heat shield? I have no idea.

https://youtu.be/66XJXP8M2NQ

2021 Camaro 2SS 1LE Riverside Blue "Midnight"
schoenmaro55 is offline   Reply With Quote