Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-12-2021, 12:44 PM   #1
teddyca

Drives: Blown C7 and 6th gen
So you have 2 boosted cars. Who gets the JMS Fuelmax Who gets it??? b

So I am pretty sure I know the answer here, but not sure if either car will really benefit from the JMS Fuelmax voltage booster.

Car#1 My Camaro. Maggie 2300, intake, xpipe, catback. Thats it nothing more nothing less. No plans to upgrades LT1 fueling, and at close to 600rwhp I know I am at the fuel limits so I dont see this being of any benefit. I do plan on adding Flexfuel for E85.

Car#2 My C7 Corvette. Currently having LT1 rebuilt with forged internals, BTR stage 2 cam, LT4 HP pump, LT4 injectors, A&A Ti system, dual meth, E85, fuel exhaust. Shooting for about 800rwhp. No idea if the booster will benefit me.

I initially bought the JMS for the Camaro and decided against it but would love your thoughts. I really have no idea if it will help either car or if I should just sell. I would love your thoughts.

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. TOTALED 6/2019
K&N Intake, MRBP axleback, Eibach kit, 20" Z28 wheels, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. Round 2- 8/2019 550/600 RWHP, Magnuson TVS2300, Rotofab Intake, Corsa Xtreme, Air Lift P3 System, 20" Stance SF-07, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system.
teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 01:26 PM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
One of the comments I've seen a couple times around here are something about how the JMS drains the battery - somehow. I haven't, admittedly, done a lot of research yet, but I noticed those comments. I know there were some questions about how to properly power it, and what to tap-into, but don't know if that resolved the battery drain issue. That's what has kept me from really looking into it. Maybe it might give you a little headroom, but, perhaps, a supplemental low-side (like a DSX, for example) might be the better option. I bet you're going to need it for E' though...

Or I'm completely wrong, ha... I know there are guys that use them, and calibrators to suggest them, so it likely depends on what you're trying to do. If your high-side pressure doesn't fall much, and you're less than 6ms on IPW, maybe you'll be okay, from what I've read.

JMHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 12:43 PM   #3
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
I don't believe you will be able to run much e on your setup, even with the jms. I'd throw it on the Camaro and log to determine the limits of your fuel system. Btw: i've been running a jms for se eral years and have never experienced any battery issues. My car frequently sits for weeks between starts, so I am confident that the jms isn't draining the battery.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 09:02 PM   #4
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
I don't believe you will be able to run much e on your setup, even with the jms. I'd throw it on the Camaro and log to determine the limits of your fuel system. Btw: i've been running a jms for se eral years and have never experienced any battery issues. My car frequently sits for weeks between starts, so I am confident that the jms isn't draining the battery.
Same here. Sometimes it’ll be weeks between drives in the Camaro and have not had any battery issues with the JMS.
Old 08-14-2021, 05:51 AM   #5
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
What if there is already LT4 fueling in place and still no plans to go over 600 WHP on 93' no E content, nor meth or additional supplementary fuel components?
Is there a real benefit to add a BaP / JMS ?
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 09:33 AM   #6
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
From what I have heard the JMS works better on SS cars that have a FSCM but not as well on LT4 ZL1/Z06 cars that have a CCM controller. Either way I run one on my SS and don't notice any battery drain issues.

I would put the JMS on the Camaro and either do a aux pump setup or better intank setup on the Vette.

Neither setup will be able to run full E. You will be mixing E50-E60 range on both.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 12:30 PM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
From what I have heard the JMS works better on SS cars that have a FSCM but not as well on LT4 ZL1/Z06 cars that have a CCM controller. Either way I run one on my SS and don't notice any battery drain issues.

I would put the JMS on the Camaro and either do a aux pump setup or better intank setup on the Vette.

Neither setup will be able to run full E. You will be mixing E50-E60 range on both.
The JMS works fantastic on Every car we have installed it on, GM Ford and Chrysler.

Camaros, Vettes, Sedans, Trucks, etc
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:31 PM   #8
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The JMS works fantastic on Every car we have installed it on, GM Ford and Chrysler.

Camaros, Vettes, Sedans, Trucks, etc
Hi Ted,

Have you noticed any battery-drain-issues?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 08-25-2021, 07:16 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Hi Ted,

Have you noticed any battery-drain-issues?
These cars will drain the battery without the JMS and no different with it.

My battery lasts about 6 weeks in storage and it goes dead, there is a constant draw on the battery for the security system and other electronics.

Best practice is a trickle charger for any storage beyond 4 weeks.

Ted.
Old 08-25-2021, 09:31 AM   #10
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:

My battery lasts about 6 weeks in storage and it goes dead, there is a constant draw on the battery for the security system and other electronics.

Ted.
OH - I know. I keep mine on a trickle charger all the time. I know of another car that almost can't have the ECM-flashed without being on at least a trickle charger, and that car has but a couple thousand miles on it and is only 2-years old. But I'm asking if you've heard or seen any evidence to support the comments stating adding a JMS-type booster will drain it faster?

Thank you for your comments.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 08-25-2021, 06:48 PM   #11
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

Ted.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:25 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
OH - I know. I keep mine on a trickle charger all the time. I know of another car that almost can't have the ECM-flashed without being on at least a trickle charger, and that car has but a couple thousand miles on it and is only 2-years old. But I'm asking if you've heard or seen any evidence to support the comments stating adding a JMS-type booster will drain it faster?

Thank you for your comments.
I have not seen any evidence that it drains the battery, I have them on 2 of my cars.

I am told by JMS that they go to sleep when not in use.
Old 08-27-2021, 11:56 AM   #13
teddyca

Drives: Blown C7 and 6th gen
Thank you everyone. I agree I dont think I can run for E85 but instead a blend is the plan. I installed a gauge to monitor ethanol content. If I didnt already have the JMS I would likely not order one for either car but since I have it, I was curious who should get it. I appreciate all the feedback. Camaro it is.

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. TOTALED 6/2019
K&N Intake, MRBP axleback, Eibach kit, 20" Z28 wheels, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. Round 2- 8/2019 550/600 RWHP, Magnuson TVS2300, Rotofab Intake, Corsa Xtreme, Air Lift P3 System, 20" Stance SF-07, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system.
teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote