Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-08-2021, 07:25 AM   #1
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Banks Idash finally working on 1 of 2 cars.

I'll start with the good 1st...

1st gauge pod:

My car (zl1) is reading everything perfectly although it was pain in the ass but now I'm extremely happy lol. I'm running the Haltech elite and Haltech WB1 wideband the manual part of the installation was easy purchase a DTM 4 Deutsch connector lengthen the wires that come with the IDash gauge and pin it. then plug it into the Haltech WB1 See pic. The connector is labeled 1 - 4 and the wires are color coded red pos., blk Neg., Grn CAN Hi, and WHT CAN LO The WB1 Haltech is pin 1 POS, Pin 2 NEG, Pin 3 LO, and PIN 4 HI.

Next came the software part of the Haltech that was a pain.. Windows 10 sux! I hadn't used my laptop in about a year so I had to install about 8 hours of updates for the .NET Framework 2.0 to 4.5 to be compatible for the Haltech Elite ESP software just to change one setting on the CAN bus so the gauge could read the Elite ECU. Then I had a problem with USB 3.0 and a Fiti driver finally got the correct one and bam made the connection to the Elite and now the gauge sees everything. Most importantly the AFR Ratio.

2nd gauge pod:

The second gauge plugs directly into the OBDII port this was really easy... Settings, Vehicles, then GM Standard... reboots and Bam I'm reading E content, rail pressure, lift pump pressure every thing!

E content was supper easy I suppose once you have the Flex E85 kit and install it correctly then the tuner does his magic is read by the cars OBDII and since the gauge can read anything the OBD sees it sees it lol!

Now For the bad...not really just down

The wife always gets what I get (secret to being able to upgrade lol)

Her car has 2 Idash's just like me with the ZZ pillar pod hers to sees IATs, fuel pressures, everything but Boost :( I dash is supposed to get back to me on this but, I'm thinking its her Bosch 2.5 bar map sensor I think the formula in the gauge is written for a 3.5 or something like every supercharge kit they use a brake out cable that ties the Tmap and MAF together.

BTW my gauges are not Daisey chained together since I'm taking reading from 2 different places I guess they could be but the wife's are together and you can add as many as you want I think.

I get some more pics of the AFR reading and E content last night it was 86 percent!
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:41 PM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
WTF?!!! Are you just going to gloss over that CF pillar pod?!!! What's the deal with that?! That thing looks AWESOME.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 06:34 PM   #3
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Lol I installed the guages before I test fitted it fits perfectly!
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 07-08-2021, 06:39 PM   #4
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
WTF?!!! Are you just going to gloss over that CF pillar pod?!!! What's the deal with that?! That thing looks AWESOME.
So I had carbon pillars that had no gauges and trufiber added them to theirs. They said they can just add the pod mounts like the Stang line they carry. Technically that's how the wife got hers didn't want the zz pillar to go to waste. Even with some sponsorship with Idash we have some serious coin into gauges lol.

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 07-20-2021 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-20-2021, 04:50 PM   #5
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Install directions..

1. Pull on the top portion of the oem pillar trim till it separates from the pillar just wide enough to beable release the elastic cable from the oem pillar trim and microphones tabs. (Microphone may have a dab of adhesive)

2. Use a tiny flat blade screw driver or trim tool to lift up on the cable clip release once it's lifted and at same time slide the cable bracket towards the headliner or up and out through the slot.

3. Pry out the microphone and pull off the oem pillar cover

4. Install the gauges into the TruFiber pillar gauge bezel

5. Pull back on the corner of the instrument cluster you only need to pull back about 2 inches this will allow access to fuse panel.

6. Pull fuse panel off

7. Now you have the room to route the gauges wire from the OBDII port and up through the pillar on openings.

8. Plug in gauges

9. Install the TruFiber pillar gauge pod start with sliding the pod in the void by the window.

10. Install the cable strap bracket to the TruFiber gauge pod and snap the microphone back into the allocated space. You can use tape to hold in place or some type of adhesive like GM used.

11 make sure that the little silver pin on the cable strap goes into the hole on the pillar correctly and doesn't get bent over when trying to get the trim clips to grab.

12. Install the fuse panel

13. Reattach the instrument bezel corner.

14. Plug in the gauge OBDII connector
Attached Images

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 07-20-2021 at 05:06 PM.