Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 03-15-2021, 12:44 PM   #1
mrgoodwrench
The Wicked Jester

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Vert
2020 2SS Amp & Sub Install - Updated pics

3/16/21 UPDATED Remote Level Control Pics and Bose Amp Closeup.

So... when I upgraded the 2014 to the 2020 - I could not use my old Sub Box as it does not fit into the trunk of the Convertible - even if they were the same size trunk! So... off to figure out what I needed to do to add a little more thump to the trunk! I removed my Pyle Dxi 10" subs and Rockford Fosgate 500W mono amp and made a new box to fit in the trunk under the convertible top.

From this forum I found out that I needed to get a LOC box since the 2020 has a digital signal...(many thanks for that post) so I purchased an Audio Control LC2i and a remote Level Control to assist with this along with a new wiring harness and the Noise Cancelling Microphone adapter from LLJ Customs in Texas. Here are a few pics of the install - complete with any info you may need should you wish to do this for yourself. I do not have a pic of the Remote Level Unit installed - I will try to get that pic tonight - I placed it just above the Knee Bolster next to the drivers vent - it is out of the way and easily accessible.

Complete Box - everything together.

Wiring Set for the trunk - I made it easy to install/remove in the event we had a long trip and actually needed the space. The left plug is the Audio Input - the right plug is the Power Connect - both are quick Connect/Disconnect.

Whats under the Floor Mat? The Bose Amp on the left - #1 is the Speaker Output - #2 is the ANC Delete - both plug and play - easy to install.

The Box as it sits in the trunk...easy to get to all control adjustments...Speaker input was placed below the carpet (gray wire on left) Power Wire on right goes right to the battery.

Side View - note - the box is sitting below the convertible top support - I believe I made the box ~29" x ~15" x ~7.5".

The gap between the bottom of the convertible top and the top of the sub box - the width of my finger - no impedance issues for the top open/close.

I placed the Remote Level Control Wire through the rear seatbelt loop on the drivers side and then tucked it under the seat. I was also able to easily route it away from the movements of the convertible top. When the seatbelt is in its normal position, you cannot see th ewire at all - and I don't expect anyone to ever sit behind me - so using that belt is a non issue. The wire continues under the seat and under the drivers side of the console.

Remote - Front View

Remote - Side View

The Audio Control Unit - and 12V Quick Connect for Power

Not 100% completed - but the wiring looks neat and organized...

Plenty of Clearance...
Attached Images

Old Car: 2010 Camaro Inferno Orange 2LT/RS

Last edited by mrgoodwrench; 05-15-2021 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Update to reflect Remote Control Knob location
mrgoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 01:37 PM   #2
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
Great job!
Would love to see the pic of the remote knob.
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 01:43 PM   #3
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Looks good!
Old 03-15-2021, 03:42 PM   #4
Aaron07

Drives: 2017 2SS F1FTY
Good work!
Aaron07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:54 PM   #5
ste6000

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
looks good man. now can you diagram all that up? haha

2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Metallic Blue
ste6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:46 PM   #6
mrgoodwrench
The Wicked Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste6000 View Post
looks good man. now can you diagram all that up? haha

Thanks a lot my friend! It was not hard to do the wiring - the LC2i Controller has a Remote Power On 12v line out that will actually turn on the Amp when it senses an audio signal from the Head Unit/Bose Amp. You can also add a second amp for another speaker set. They also make this unit with multiple RCA outputs. I think it is the LC7i.

The best thing is to buy the Audio Wiring and ANC Delete Harness's from LLJ Customs - all plug and play. I bought an 36" (3') RCA cable to run from the left side of the Amp to the right side of the LC2i unit. I put both units on 1/2" blocks to create a channel for the wiring to hide it. The Speaker Jacks are hidden under the Amp to make a short wire run. Same goes for the 12v Power wire short run between amp and LC2i. I used a low voltage 4 conductor cable similar to a thermostat wire to connect the LLJ harness from Bose Amp to the quick connect and then to the LC2i Unit.

For the Audio quick connect- I used a 4 connect power cable from an old PC that I had. For the 12v Power - I used an Anderson SB50 heavy duty quick connect similar to what you use for a forklift - only smaller. Easy hookup to the battery.

I used the 2 quick connects in the event I want to remove the Sub Box for a trip and not short out the whole stereo & 12v Power. Both can be tucked away when not in use.

The LC2i + Remote Level Control on ebay for $99 shipped.
The Anderson SB50 was $11 shipped.
3' RCA cable was $7 shipped.
The harnesses from LLJ Customs were a around $50 + shipping.

I did not realize that I could have purchased everything I needed from LLJ Customs as a kit. He had decent pricing and I like the idea that he had everything you would need, including the Amp. The only think you would need to purchase are the speakers, speaker wire, speaker jacks and sub. You can make your own box and carpet it for under $50.

if you have any questions or need a more detailed pic - let me know...

I am happy with this project and it does add more thump that I want - minor adjustments from the cabin via the remote unit and major adjustments to dial it in from the trunk.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:22 AM   #7
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Nice Job...and clean!!
Old 03-23-2021, 09:47 AM   #8
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Very nice!! I had a similar project, but non bose and I replaced the front speakers as well. I got plenty of bottom end out of a JLA 10" sub in a truck enclosure that also fits under the convertible when top is down. there is plenty of space to work with there 8" or so.

Cool idea on routing the LCI level control - I will steal that idea - haven't installed that but need to do that - some source material the bass is just way over done to compensate for inadequate stereo systems, so properly designed ones add way too much bass!!
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 06:15 PM   #9
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
Excellent.. looks great
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:48 PM   #10
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
This is a great setup for those that want some extra thump. What happened to your pictures?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:15 AM   #11
mrgoodwrench
The Wicked Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
This is a great setup for those that want some extra thump. What happened to your pictures?
Not sure what happened to the pix - I uploaded them again...

Thx for the compliment...when I do this stuff - I try to make it look as professional as possible as I want it to look good...