Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-07-2021, 09:22 AM   #1
jb_camaro_2ss

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Arctic Blue
Infotainment System Resets

My infotainment system has been resetting itself over the past couple of days. It only happens after the car sits overnight. The time and date resets like if you were to disconnect the battery. The car starts up just fine and has no indication that the battery is on it's way out, but I will note that I'm still running the original battery. I guess I will just go ahead and replace the battery to be on the safe side due to age, but I was wondering if anyone else experienced this issue.

Honestly, I would just ignore it. It's just that Android Auto doesn't work if the the time and dates of the infotainment system doesn't match the android (a security feature apparently). I have to reset the time for the car and then uninstall/reinstall android auto on my phone to get it to work. So hopefully this is just as simple as getting a fresh battery. I know how sensitive modern car electronics can be...

jb_camaro_2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 04:54 PM   #2
SHRFT

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2ss 50 aniverssary vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_camaro_2ss View Post
My infotainment system has been resetting itself over the past couple of days. It only happens after the car sits overnight. The time and date resets like if you were to disconnect the battery. The car starts up just fine and has no indication that the battery is on it's way out, but I will note that I'm still running the original battery. I guess I will just go ahead and replace the battery to be on the safe side due to age, but I was wondering if anyone else experienced this issue.

Honestly, I would just ignore it. It's just that Android Auto doesn't work if the the time and dates of the infotainment system doesn't match the android (a security feature apparently). I have to reset the time for the car and then uninstall/reinstall android auto on my phone to get it to work. So hopefully this is just as simple as getting a fresh battery. I know how sensitive modern car electronics can be...

I would check my battery cables first. In the trunk and under the hood. One could be loose and temporarily be disconnecting power. Then I'd check the connection under the dash that hooks up the infotainment system. So possibly all it is, is an intermittent short.
SHRFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:28 AM   #3
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
I've seen various comments in different threads that mention bad grounds... That could be happening here.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote