Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-24-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
floraneg

Drives: 2010 1SS RS
Wolfgang Fuzion and Zaino

Hello everyone. Ever since I was in high school, I always wanted a yellow Corvette. In August 2005 two weeks before Katrina hit New Orleans, my dream came true. Luckily, I put it in a garage on the sixth floor before we evacuated. Several of my Corvette Club friends were not as lucky. I only drive it on the weekends and treat it with kit gloves. It has it's own place in the garage. With only 5,800 miles on it, I take care of it better than my wife. Although, my wife is more expensive. Anyway, I fell in love with the Camaro after seeing it in the Tranformers movie and now I'm the proud owner of the Bumblebee. It is a kick to see the kids run to the edge of the street when I'm comming down the street. Although I do drive the Camaro more than the Vette, my daily car is a 2008 Tahoe. So to get to my question. Since my Vette purchase I have probably put about 20 coats of Zaino on it. As for the Camaro, I have three coats on her now since taking delivery on October 30, 2009. I began using Wolfgang Fuzion and love it. It has a very slick feel and a deep wet look for the Yellows and the silver blue Mercedes. I really don't get that WOW effect people do with their black cars and Zaino. That being said, how would you go about alternating using Zaino and Wolfgang. As I said, I live in New Orleans where 100 degrees is not uncommon in the summer and the low for the year may reach 40 three days out of the year. We have A LOT of rain, so I wash my camaro, Vette and Mercedes EVERY weekend. My Tahoe, Mercedes, and Camaro are kept outside. The Camaro is covered, while the Tahoe and Mercedes are daily commuters for me and the wife. My 2005 and 1957 Vette's are kept in the garage. I was thinking of using wolfgang during the winter months if you can call them winter down here and some time in June throw two or three coats of Zaino on on the cars outside for the summer heat and Wolfgang every Saturday. If I do that, do I need to strip the cars with "Dawn" before the pre-summer application of Zaino? The Tahoe and Mercedes have also been waxed with Zaino about ten or twelve times. Has anyone else used the Fuzion and do they prefer it over the Zaino? Again, I have 5 cars and the zaino process is daunting for five washes. I'm a car nut, so I'm thinking my plan will free up some of my time since the Fuzion is a very quick on and off process. My wife says get rid of two of them so I have more time. I told her I would sell her Mercedes. That was a no go. I put the wife up on ebay, but no takers as of yet. I'm even willing to give a warranty. I'm not giving up my '57 Vette for ANYTHING else. Any advice on both fronts is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
floraneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
First! I'm glad your Vette survived and CONGRATULATIONS on the Camaro!

As for alternating between Wolfgang and Zaino, its been my experience that after using quite a few different waxes/polishes, Zaino has offered the best durability. I say that only as a way of suggesting that you use Zaino exclusively for the cars that are daily driven/kept outside.

And personally, I would wash the cars with 'Dawn' if they received any wax/polish other than Zaino, prior to applying Zaino. I think strating with a "clean" surface is the best bet.

I own two vehicles, and I also "maintain" the cars in my extended family, which totals 8 cars including my two, and I've got it down to a system where applying a coat of Zaino "here and there" during the warmer weather is not a problem at all. I believe once you're comfortable and used to the process of applying Zaino, (drying time the only issue) is no more difficult to use than any other product.

I don't have any experience using Wolfgang Fuzion, but I'm sure its a good product. It comes down to what you're comfortable using and how happy you are with the results.

I hope my thoughts/advice were of some help.

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote