Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-17-2020, 03:33 PM   #1
goproz

Drives: n
Revving in a 2018 A8

After watching this very viral video of cars revving for a kids birthday,

I was wondering what I am doing wrong in my A8 camaro. From what I understand it will only rev to 4k rpm. That is fine, but when I rev it, there is just no pops, crackles, or really great sound. Every once and a while, I get lucky and it sounds good for a second, but most of the time it is quite tame. I have an NPP exhaust which I keep in track mode. I don't typically rev, but when I do, I wish it sounded a little more mean.
goproz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:31 PM   #2
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Put a radical cam, Headers, exhaust system/cutouts, stall converter and of course a radical tune in your SS and you can rev like they do! Those owners have a lot of money in their cars.��

Last edited by LT4Greg; 05-17-2020 at 04:48 PM.
LT4Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 09:01 AM   #3
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Pops and Crackles is not a good thing in a well tuned motor. It means un-burnt fuel is detonating in the exhaust pipes.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 09:59 AM   #4
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Are you referring to revving in park? The ECU doesn't allow very high or fast revving in park. Not sure why someone would want to anyway. I get snaps and pops almost everytime i get on it while driving and then let off the gas in manual mode though.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:04 PM   #5
CamaroChriSS

Drives: 16 1SS M6 Black -previous 00 Z28 M6
The Vette has a feature where I believe you pull both paddles and it allows you to rev freely - not sure if that's exclusive to Corvette's though. Free revving in the stick shifts!
CamaroChriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:26 PM   #6
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by goproz View Post
After watching this very viral video of cars revving for a kids birthday,

I was wondering what I am doing wrong in my A8 camaro. From what I understand it will only rev to 4k rpm. That is fine, but when I rev it, there is just no pops, crackles, or really great sound. Every once and a while, I get lucky and it sounds good for a second, but most of the time it is quite tame. I have an NPP exhaust which I keep in track mode. I don't typically rev, but when I do, I wish it sounded a little more mean.
There's a follow up video to that. Apparently that lady wants to move out of the neighborhood now. Good riddance.

As for the revving. The autos are not very good at revving at a stand still and to be honest I don't really recommend it. Nonetheless you can try being louder instead by modifying your exhaust. Or the alternative is to remove the rev limiter through a tune and then it will sound like the angry manual cars.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:29 PM   #7
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
I hate Crackles and Pops. I just like the snap.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote