Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-19-2020, 08:28 PM   #1
federal

Drives: 2019 ZL1
P1101 code during max speed run

Was doing a few max speed runs at my local track and hit about 175. Afterwards, I noticed that the dash was showing a CEL and the code was P1101 - corresponding to something with the MAF or throttlebody. I cleared the code, and it has not appeared again after a good hour or so of spirited driving.

No engine issues or weird noises, no limp mode, etc - seemed completely fine before and after the engine code showed up and was cleared.

Out of an abundance of caution, I cleaned the throttle body which was kind of dirty, but not bad for its first cleaning at 30k miles. Also checked all the intercooler piping and nothing seemed loose or troublesome. The harness and MAF all seem to be fine, but I have yet to actually take the MAF out since it’s on my intercooler.

Has anyone had this issue before? This is the first problem I have had, so I’m hoping it was just a random thrown code after hitting too high of a speed and such. Car is supercharged with an ECS novi 1500.

Also, if I wanted to replace the MAF with another stock MAF, which is what’s on the car, will it require a tuning update? My research says no as long as it’s the same MAF, but I want to be safe with it.

Edit for future people reading: Took half the bumper off to remove the MAF sensor. Wires seem fine, cleaned it with MAF cleaner - we will see if it throws a code again.

Last edited by federal; 04-19-2020 at 10:59 PM.
federal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 09:00 PM   #2
ZL1Kraut

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Back from the dead. Did you ever get to the bottom of this Sir?

Today at a track day at Pocono I got the P1101 (MAF) along with p0171 (lean) and I was thinking I ran out of fuel capacity on the back stretch. I’m thinking I might need the LT4 high pressure pump and LT4 injectors. I tank fuel pump is the same part number as the ZL1 since I have the 1LE package.

Thanks!
ZL1Kraut is offline   Reply With Quote