Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-28-2020, 05:39 PM   #1
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
2019 Camaro Shock 1LE Update

I just wanted to pass on some of my thoughts since I had a 2016 Camaro SS for 3 years and decided to get a new 2019 at a great end of year sale price.

I bought my car in November and it only has 300 miles on it to date. I am not totally sure what route I am going to go in regards to mods. I have decided so far to do mostly cosmetic mods and only recently decided to change the exhaust system.

I painted my intake manifold cover with GM colour coded paint and added a strut tower brace. Picked up some GM splash guards which I highly recommend because of there quality. I previously had ZL1 Addons on my 2016 and the GM splash guards are so superior to theirs. Picked up the GM black gas lid which was not cheap and didn’t want to go the aftermarket route on that piece. I had a custom fuse lid name plate made with build info on it. I did a blackout kit on parking lights and rear brake light, added a Wicker Bill blade spoiler add on. I was not very impressed with GMs paint on the 2016 Camaro and it did not fair very well, so I got the front clear bra and did the side rockers, plus in front on the rear quarter panels. Did a paint protection on the whole car. I added AFR gauge for future tune and to monitor AFR because I am thinking of going catless with headers like my 2016. Almost forgot I painted the black pod for gauge Shock colour. I used special plastic bonding primer for both the gauge and intake manifold.

In regards to the exhaust system I decided to go with replacing the secondary cats with resonators, deleted the suitcase stock muffler system , replaced with 3 inch stainless from the crushed pipes to tips. Going to try some flowmasters super 10’s with super four inch black tips. Car goes in Monday to get the exhaust hooked up, already deleted the suitcase.

As of now no plans or direction to immediately decide with direction to go. I am on the fence to leave the engine alone or go the cam route. My 2016 to me sounded so nice with a cam.

Sorry about sideway pics I can’t seem to fix them.
Attached Images

Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 03-02-2020 at 12:17 PM.
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 05:57 PM   #2
crab

Drives: 2019 1LE
What bonding agent did u use on the engine cover, I want to do mine at some point to more match the satin steel body color?
"That my friend.. is the sweet succulent sound of the car preparing to ignite the wonderfully tasty nectar your V8 needs to send the screaming bald eagles furiously from the 4 pipes out of the rear of your vehicle"
crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 06:23 PM   #3
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crab View Post
What bonding agent did u use on the engine cover, I want to do mine at some point to more match the satin steel body color?
I did two coats of primer, 5 medium coats of paint, and 3 coats of clear.
Attached Images

SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:31 PM   #4
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
Nice 1LE! I almost didn't notice the rock guards until I saw the close up pics. Last I checked with GM they don't have the rock guards in SHOCk...yet
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 06:42 PM   #5
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixgenSix View Post
Nice 1LE! I almost didn't notice the rock guards until I saw the close up pics. Last I checked with GM they don't have the rock guards in SHOCk...yet
Your right no Shock colour in splash guards but I actually like the contrast with a some more black. The Shock colour can be over powering so a bit of black works IMO.

I am thinking of spraying the calipers Shock. They did that to the Sema car last year because same as the splash guards no Shock colour for calipers. The red calipers really don’t match with this colour, I would have preferred black.
Old 03-02-2020, 03:41 AM   #6
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
i hate front plates havent had one in 7 years. havent been pulled over yet.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 08:00 AM   #7
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
i hate front plates havent had one in 7 years. havent been pulled over yet.
Agree, I've been running around about 8 months now with no plate or registration sticker on the window and haven't had any problems.. but it's also an easy reason to get pulled over in Tx. Not displaying a registration sticker alone I think is like a $186 ticket
Mov Ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 12:06 PM   #8
PrimalScream

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS A10
Blackbeast, love what you did to your 1LE. If your ever heading to the south Okanagan give me a shout.
PrimalScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 12:10 PM   #9
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalScream View Post
Blackbeast, love what you did to your 1LE. If your ever heading to the south Okanagan give me a shout.
Will do, Oliver is a nice place to visit.

https://www.area27.ca/
Old 03-02-2020, 01:00 PM   #10
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mov Ov3r View Post
Agree, I've been running around about 8 months now with no plate or registration sticker on the window and haven't had any problems.. but it's also an easy reason to get pulled over in Tx. Not displaying a registration sticker alone I think is like a $186 ticket
here its just a fix it. 24hr and have any law enforcement sign off on it.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:54 PM   #11
PrimalScream

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
Will do, Oliver is a nice place to visit.

https://www.area27.ca/
Yeah, that's a beautiful track. I'm just north of it in Penticton.
PrimalScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 03:07 PM   #12
gmcvt

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS A10
Love the color combo/contrast sir. Gorgeous. My SS is going to have to undergo a black accent pckg of some type and I agree with you that the black splash guards work better to accent the car. Have you considered the black rocker panels? What are your thoughts on that?
2018 Mustang GT A10 Kooks Lt's, E85 & Lund tune*SOLD*
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Silver- CAI, Bo-body, VRSP-2 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's w/cats, Magnaflow street CB(15089), QTP ovals, Elite can, Vengeance Racing tune. *SOLD*
gmcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 05:04 PM   #13
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcvt View Post
Love the color combo/contrast sir. Gorgeous. My SS is going to have to undergo a black accent pckg of some type and I agree with you that the black splash guards work better to accent the car. Have you considered the black rocker panels? What are your thoughts on that?
Thanks for the comments everyone. BTW GMCVT Amen to 14:6

Yes I have thought about something for the side. I am going to pick up a pair of ZL1 Style Side Skirt Rocker Panel Extension in flat black. First I want to see what it looks like with those on. I am thinking of a COPO style black decal for rear quarters but this depends on what the side rocker skirt looks like first.

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 03-02-2020 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:06 AM   #14
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Question

Which resonators would you use to replace your stock secondaries?
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote