Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Wheels / Tires

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-03-2019, 01:27 PM   #1
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Contemplating Trade - SS 1LE Wheels for ZL1 / ZL1 1LE Wheels

Putting a feeler out there - thinking about trading my SS 1LE Wheels (OEM GM) for some OEM ZL1 or ZL1 1LE wheels. Mine have 9500 miles on them, summer only driving. In good condition other than usual nicks from stones (nothing out of the norm, nothing down to the aluminum)
Old 07-04-2019, 02:15 AM   #2
TEST DRyVer

Drives: 17 ZL1 6mt with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
Putting a feeler out there - thinking about trading my SS 1LE Wheels (OEM GM) for some OEM ZL1 or ZL1 1LE wheels. Mine have 9500 miles on them, summer only driving. In good condition other than usual nicks from stones (nothing out of the norm, nothing down to the aluminum)
I would consider this, but shipping would be crazy expensive. I have a ZL1 with an identical 9500 miles on it, being shipped from Northern California. I need to do a bit of research and understand what the offset and wheel weight of both the SS 1LE and ZL1 are. Wheels are like colors, it's a matter of opinion what looks best. No real right or wrong answer. I like the look of the SS 1LE. Quick research shows there's a price difference when it comes to demand. New, they're about the same price (correct me if I'm wrong), I think the ZL1 wheels might be about $500 more for the set, but on the pre-owned market, it seems the ZL1 wheels are fetching a bit more cash than that. Again, I'm a German car guy, but a car guy nonetheless, so I'm learning more about this platform as I go along. If it doesn't make financial sense, I'd consider listing my wheels for sale and going aftermarket. Given the similar offsets and weight (which I've yet to determine), I would consider a SS 1LE wheel swap, given the right deal.

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Current Family car (for the wifey): 2021 Audi SQ5
TEST DRyVer is offline   Reply With Quote