Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-13-2018, 08:52 AM   #1
TheWiseWolf

Drives: Camaro
Shuddering Issue

So been seeing a lot of this shuddering issue for the automatic trans camaros. Which is concerning to me because I am in the market of buying a camaro. How would I be able to test out the car to see if it has the issue during a test drive? If there problem is there should they be able to fix it? or is it something I would have to do?
TheWiseWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:19 AM   #2
awrj2000

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
To test this would be drive the car about 30 min. (let transmission warm up) then set the cruise control between 55-70 mph.

If the car feels like it is running over the freeway rumble strips (pulsing forward and hesitating) then the issue is present.

If you mash the gas, so to speak, the car performs flawless...but for a daily driver the problem is very annoying trying to simply run the speed limit.

Only temp. fix was triple flush and new converter, but GM has paused that warranty repair for now.

I personally did my own flush and filter replacement with AMSOIL and haven't had any more issues.

Several, several, several threads about this issue already exist and it would be easy to find more information if needed.
awrj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:29 PM   #3
dray

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 NGM, 2012 Yamaha FZ8
You're wise to check out the forums before buying...wish I had done that. Buy a stick. Even if it doesn't shudder on the test drive, it may have been flushed recently and that's a band aid. If it's really low miles, then the shudder may not have started yet. Usually shows starts around 10-12k miles.
dray is offline   Reply With Quote