Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-26-2018, 08:15 PM   #1
brandonms2ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Body Shop Issue (looking for advice)

My camaro was in a small parking lot accident back in December of 2017.
In the repair they had to replace the rear driver side rim. I have the black 5 spoke wheels and the correct size would be 20x9.5 for the rear.
Got my wheels powder coated today and noticed that i had 3 20x8.5 wheels. Which the body shop must have installed.
Main concern
- Would this cause any issues for me to keep driving with my wheels like this until I get things sorted out with the body shop?
- Has anyone ever gone through an issue like this before? What are the odds the bodyshop(recommend by State Farm) will work with me?
brandonms2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:27 PM   #2
Bobkoc1

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels Coupe 2SS
Body shop

Hi, If you went to a shop that state farm recommended you received a lifetime warranty on the repairs . Call the shop , Give them the opportunity to correct the mistake . You should get it fixed with the correct wheel . My shop is a state farm shop and I can tell you they did not get on the program because they were not reputable . If you get any push back You can call state farm directly and ask your car to be checked by another shop on the program for any corrective repairs . Bob
Bobkoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:02 PM   #3
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Technically the minimum rim width for Goodyear 275/35ZR20 tires is 9". I'm not a tire expert but you will probably be OK. I wouldn't drive the car too hard until you get the correct wheel.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:40 AM   #4
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
Yea totally typical found the least expensive wheel and presto on the car it went.

State Farm needs to rectify it. If in fact they mounted the existing tire on the wrong sized rim sounds like they did - check out fitment from tire maker- they may owe you two matching new tires.

If the tire is considered by the tire maker as damaged due to wrong rim mounting - then they have to make you whole. Safety safety safety - and NEVER use an insurance preferred shop. NEVER.