Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-21-2017, 08:07 AM   #1
Magnum922

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, A8
Competetive mode vs turn off traction control

I want to do a burn out at the drag strip. Do I hit the button once turning the traction control off or hit the button twice fast turning competetive mode on? It seems like it is the same thing. In both modes the stabilitact is still on.
Magnum922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:33 AM   #2
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Or, you can hold down the traction control button for like 7 seconds and disable both stabilitrak & traction control if you think you can handle it. I'd stick to competetive mode if i were you tho, its not intrusive at all, but helps just enough to help keep you off the walls.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #3
Magnum922

Thanks I'll use competetive mode.
Old 12-21-2017, 02:07 PM   #4
PersonX51

Drives: 2017 SS
are you using slicks or just street tires?

if slicks: turn off TC ( press button once ) do a quick burn out until you start to get smoke. any longer and your wasting rubber and money. leave the big smokey burn outs for the guys that get there slicks given to them ( aka funny cars and top fuel )

if street tires: don't do a burnout. it doesn't help, actually makes them more slippery. just drive around the water box. don't ever drive through the water box with the wide street tires on the fronts your just creating your own nightmare by tracking water up on the launch pad....

Last edited by PersonX51; 12-21-2017 at 02:35 PM.
PersonX51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:27 PM   #5
PersonX51

Drives: 2017 SS
also in competitive mode it doesn't disable the TC or the stabilitrac. it just changes there parameters. basically allows some wheel spine with out going up in smoke but tends to delay the computer from giving you full engine power a bit too long imo. with my 17SS I was getting quicker times with the stock Goodyear F1's by just leaving the nannies on and setting the performance to Track
PersonX51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:36 PM   #6
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Well, i held traction control off for 10 seconds so everything can turn off but with my luck my car doesn't like to do any burnouts, well it decided when it wants to let me.

Want to see what i mean, see it here
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:24 PM   #7
Magnum922

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonX51 View Post
are you using slicks or just street tires?

if slicks: turn off TC ( press button once ) do a quick burn out until you start to get smoke. any longer and your wasting rubber and money. leave the big smokey burn outs for the guys that get there slicks given to them ( aka funny cars and top fuel )

if street tires: don't do a burnout. it doesn't help, actually makes them more slippery. just drive around the water box. don't ever drive through the water box with the wide street tires on the fronts your just creating your own nightmare by tracking water up on the launch pad....
Street tires good year f1
Old 12-21-2017, 06:57 PM   #8
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonX51 View Post
also in competitive mode it doesn't disable the TC or the stabilitrac. it just changes there parameters. basically allows some wheel spine with out going up in smoke but tends to delay the computer from giving you full engine power a bit too long imo. with my 17SS I was getting quicker times with the stock Goodyear F1's by just leaving the nannies on and setting the performance to Track
Competitive mode does indeed disable TC 100%.
It leaves stabilitrac on but with less intrusive parameters. There are many many threads discussing this.
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:25 PM   #9
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
First make ure the rear tires are lowered to 25 PSI warm, Knock off traction control do a burnout and always, always back into the water, pull out of the water and do a standing still burnout till you first see smoke. This must be done to get a decent hook from a dead start.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:51 AM   #10
51FIFFT

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 FIFTY @51fifft
mine in competitive mode, track or sport doesn't want to spin and its a M6 car. I think TM takes over in them modes to help with traction. for a burn out leave it in Touring mode and push it 1 time ( tc off ) or hold it for both tc a sc off. I watched a 700 whp car not do a burn out because of the TM.

Just my findings of what works.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:59 PM   #11
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbm6gto View Post
mine in competitive mode, track or sport doesn't want to spin and its a M6 car. I think TM takes over in them modes to help with traction. for a burn out leave it in Touring mode and push it 1 time ( tc off ) or hold it for both tc a sc off. I watched a 700 whp car not do a burn out because of the TM.

Just my findings of what works.
So holding it down for 10 seconds to completely turn everything off in touring mode or pressing it once seems to work with being able to do a stand still burnout? Or brake stand burnout? I’m honestly at a loss as well coming from a M6 1LE and not being able to do a burnout.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 03:18 PM   #12
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
I am a complete novice at the strip but, I have one piece of information I wish someone had shared with me before I went to the track. If you are going do a burn out, find a way to protect the paint and the wheel wells from the hot rubber that will stick to them. Good luck, it is a blast!
Old 12-27-2017, 07:59 AM   #13
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
If street tire, jus spin em to clean tires off. Easiest way is turning nannies off by holding TC button for 7 seconds then after turning it back on then hitting it once. Turns TC off but leave Stability Control on.

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 09:20 AM   #14
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Parker View Post
If street tire, jus spin em to clean tires off. Easiest way is turning nannies off by holding TC button for 7 seconds then after turning it back on then hitting it once. Turns TC off but leave Stability Control on.
All ypu have to do is press the button once to turn off traction control and leave stability control on. Nothing else needs to be done besides that. This is competition mode.
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote