Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-28-2017, 07:06 PM   #1
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Adams matte detailed and matte protectant.

So, today I tried Adams matte detailer and matte protectant. Not gonna lie, was a little scary. The protectant goes on very streaky and made me think i totally ruined the wrap. However, after a few minutes per the directions, i buffed it with a microfiber towel and all the streaks disappeared. Left behind was a very clean, spot free matte black. It even got rid of some tiny scratches from when the dealership washed the car before delivery. This stuff is great! It apparently provides UV protection too. Good stuff!
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 07:26 PM   #2
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Great to know. My hood is now spotted from the stealership.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:46 PM   #3
Teneck83

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I use McKees 37 matte cleaner & protectant. Can be ordered through auto geek. Best product on the current market
Teneck83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:08 AM   #4
Gabhart

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
I have been using Adams Matte Detailer with good results. Tried their Matte Protection for the first time this past weekend and I had the same nervous feeling especially after I did not get even results on the first try. Applied a second coat and that evened everything out.

The hood has a little more sheen than it did before the application but I like the look and will continue to use it!
Gabhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:06 AM   #5
Cgocifer

It took quite a bit of buffing (by hand) with a thick microfiber towel, but after doing so, it was level, clean, and matte. I didn't see any change of sheen with my application.

Just make sure there is absolutely no debris on the hood or towel or you will get scratches.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:33 AM   #6
Th3Beast

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I used Adam's Matte Protectant for the first time yesterday when I did a full paint correction on my car. I absolutely loved the results. Their matte detailer works so much better than the CG Matte spray, so I figured the protectant would be good too. It removed/hid most of the imperfections that normally bother me on my hood and gave it a slightly more "richer" look to it.

A little goes a long way with that stuff. I used a microfiber applicator and did small circular motions down and back up. It seems like you definitely have to let it dry the 3-5 mins that are recommended. Buffed off easily with a standard microfiber towel. If this stuff actually protects against water spots, I'll be a happy camper.

I didn't realize that McKees 37 made a matte detailer/protectant. If the Adam's stuff doesn't hold up, I'll give that a shot as well.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:59 PM   #7
Teneck83

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Beast View Post
I used Adam's Matte Protectant for the first time yesterday when I did a full paint correction on my car. I absolutely loved the results. Their matte detailer works so much better than the CG Matte spray, so I figured the protectant would be good too. It removed/hid most of the imperfections that normally bother me on my hood and gave it a slightly more "richer" look to it.

A little goes a long way with that stuff. I used a microfiber applicator and did small circular motions down and back up. It seems like you definitely have to let it dry the 3-5 mins that are recommended. Buffed off easily with a standard microfiber towel. If this stuff actually protects against water spots, I'll be a happy camper.

I didn't realize that McKees 37 made a matte detailer/protectant. If the Adam's stuff doesn't hold up, I'll give that a shot as well.
But McKees by the gallon. I dilute 75/25 with distilled water. It will last forever
Teneck83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 01:07 PM   #8
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
Another Adams user here that has had positive results but maybe at some point I will try McKee's. I picked up a bottle of their spray detailer because it specifically says XPEL safe and was very impressed.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:04 PM   #9
slythetove

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Thanks for the thread guys/gals I've been wondering what to do with this hood wrap. Just ordered the Adam's stuff to try!
Old 10-30-2017, 08:42 PM   #10
Cgocifer

I'm planning on having Xpel Stealth applied to the hood to protect it. In the meantime, the Adams is working good.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:39 PM   #11
Smashn808

Drives: SS
Chemical guys matte detailed works great also.

Past:
2009 Cadillac CTS-V, 6-speed manual
2008 Corvette Jet Steam Blue, manual
2005 Cadillac CTS-V, Stealth Gray
2003 Corvette Z06, Black
Smashn808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:53 PM   #12
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
I'm planning on having Xpel Stealth applied to the hood to protect it. In the meantime, the Adams is working good.
xpel over the vinyl? Don’t do that ....it’s a waste of your money. Just replace the vinyl every couple years if you have to have it pristine. It’s not an expensive proposition to have a wrap shop do all new vinyl.

This Shop does it in 10 minutes…

https://youtu.be/FKGbtRCLOco
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:34 AM   #13
Outdoorfunguy85

Drives: AcuraZine TL/TLX 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
xpel over the vinyl? Don’t do that ....it’s a waste of your money. Just replace the vinyl every couple years if you have to have it pristine. It’s not an expensive proposition to have a wrap shop do all new vinyl.

This Shop does it in 10 minutes…

https://youtu.be/FKGbtRCLOco
Yeah right! You can replace it over and over as long as you want to keep it. I already asked this to Gatorwraps.
Outdoorfunguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #14
Cgocifer

Good point guys. I've decided to do that after I got a quite for 2500 for front, hood, rockers, and partial quarter panels. Lol may just do the front end including splitter. Yikes!!