Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

AWE Tuning

Old 08-27-2017, 07:23 AM   #1
MR-02

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
flowmaster advice anyone?

Does anyone nearby York Region have advice on the flowmaster AMT axleback on an SS? I had their full catback on my Gen5, and it was awesome but for daily driving, there were actually some days when it was just too loud for certain occasions.

I'm wondering about the sound difference between stealth and track modes with Flowmaster's new system for our Gen6 Camaros.

I have the RPI spoiler installed on my '16 2ss 6M if anyone wants firsthand info on that as well.
MR-02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:31 AM   #2
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-02 View Post
Does anyone nearby York Region have advice on the flowmaster AMT axleback on an SS? I had their full catback on my Gen5, and it was awesome but for daily driving, there were actually some days when it was just too loud for certain occasions.

I'm wondering about the sound difference between stealth and track modes with Flowmaster's new system for our Gen6 Camaros.

I have the RPI spoiler installed on my '16 2ss 6M if anyone wants firsthand info on that as well.
I may be able to tell you come Friday. I ordered it from Juice1 Motorsports for a hell of a price delivered and I'll have it on Wednesday. Plan to install it on Friday if all goes well.

Like you, I had a full catback on my Fifth Gen and loved it and it was hearing this same exhaust on my buddies cammed 2010 Pace Car that I loved the sound of it. Even though I wasn't cammed initially, the AT sounded great and I had no issues with the loudness. I decided not to go heavy on mods with this car so soon and thus the axle back. I'm sure it'll sound great from all the clips I've heard prior to making this decision. Sound is subjective and I've had people say go with Magnaflow or Stainless Works but at the end of the day, I have to go with what I've experienced and with what I know, besides, I have a huge Flowmaster Banner up in my garage that I was just about to pitch since I didn't have the product but I think we'll be good for a while now.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:38 AM   #3
Illmaticz

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1-1LE
Sounds much better at idle….there is no drone with this setup. Bit louder than NPP and fit and finish is pretty good. Had no issues with install. Lot more pops and crack in track mode. Only problem you can hear the valves when it opens/closes while driving so i pulled the fuse out. Price wise it’s much cheaper than Borla. Got mine from TDotPerformance. Plan on getting kooks headers to finish my exhaust mod.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:55 AM   #4
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmaticz View Post
Sounds much better at idle….there is no drone with this setup. Bit louder than NPP and fit and finish is pretty good. Had no issues with install. Lot more pops and crack in track mode. Only problem you can hear the valves when it opens/closes while driving so i pulled the fuse out. Price wise it’s much cheaper than Borla. Got mine from TDotPerformance. Plan on getting kooks headers to finish my exhaust mod.
Any clips to hear?
Old 08-27-2017, 02:41 PM   #5
Illmaticz

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1-1LE
@58 sec track to stealth mode you can hear the valves close + rev in stealth mode. 1:17 on road sound clip. Again sounds 10x better in person.

Old 08-27-2017, 04:37 PM   #6
MR-02

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
Some great info and sound clips there , thanks guys. Chozen4service, keep us updated.
MR-02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:14 PM   #7
chozn4service

Sorry for the delay in responding! Had to get a borrowed floor jack and jack stands returned to my buddy from painting the calipers.

This clip really sounds awesome! Nice deep rumble, much deeper than stock and the crackling and popping is very cool! I'm really stoked about this upcoming install! As for the sound of the valves closing, I never really heard that before until I heard clips from the other prominent offerings video clips with the cam right there looking down the pipe but still, that doesn't bother me. I won't be back there listening to it. LOL

All this said, as soon as I get some sound clips I'll post them up here.