Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 02-14-2017, 09:15 AM   #1
Jdelgado92

Drives: '16 Red hot M6
Title update : FLOWMASTER NPP EXHAUST IS AWESOME!!!

I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on an exhaust upgrade for the npp system. I'm between borla atak or flowmasters. Im leaning towards flowmaster more so I just wanna see the satisfaction rate for the flowmasters dual mode exhaust.

Update: I am extremely happy with the flowmaster exhaust. It's so deep and loud and I'm in love. There is a tiny bit of drone but I like it. It also hide most of the little annoying sounds. All in all it just makes the camaro sound so mean and powerful

Here's a link to a video I shot with my phone

Last edited by Jdelgado92; 03-06-2017 at 10:58 PM.
Jdelgado92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:56 AM   #2
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Love Flowmasters, def. the makes the V8 sound deep and rumbles. Borla Atak sounds good as well but it's not cheap for the NPP.

I reviewed mine here
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472503
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:56 AM   #3
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
that's for super 10s tho, not the NPP version.

I have yet to see anyone who has it installed, much less post a pleased review. I've been curious too in a comparison for the sake of argument. My friend who is saving up to get his own Camaro is a die-hard flowmaster dude that I have been trying to convert to borla, but he's adamant... so I wont be able to compare till he gets his.

But, as for the borla atak, I love it. it has a real mean throaty growl, definitely sounds much much better than the stock NPP and louder with out that hollow rasp the stock NPP has, which I had a chance to compare to side by side with a fellow Camaro owner in my city that came up to me at a gas station two weeks ago wanting to compare. I know what he will be getting now

Last edited by Techn9cian805; 02-14-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Techn9cian805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:18 PM   #4
megaphone

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
sub for more information
megaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:37 PM   #5
MXSG

Drives: 2016 1SS
I've been considering the Flowmasters for a while now. The youtube video that they posted sounds good, but there's really no way of knowing how it stacks up against other options.

I think there was person on the forum who has it on for like a week and then sold it, so not exactly a good sign.
MXSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:48 PM   #6
Jdelgado92

Yea I couldn't find d anything and there isn't much traffic on flowmasters main thread. $1700+ for borla is a tough pill to swallow especially for only an axle back. Flowmasters is pretty pricey too but I'm willing to cough it up for a nice sounding system.

I think I did see the thread from the guy that sold his. I think he mentioned the drone was too much or it might have been for the mbrp system I can't remember lol that doesn't really scare me though since everyone has their own tolerance to drone so if I could I would rather hear both of them in person then decide. But I would also like to see what people have to say from the those that have it already.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:53 PM   #7
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdelgado92 View Post
Yea I couldn't find d anything and there isn't much traffic on flowmasters main thread. $1700+ for borla is a tough pill to swallow especially for only an axle back. Flowmasters is pretty pricey too but I'm willing to cough it up for a nice sounding system.

I think I did see the thread from the guy that sold his. I think he mentioned the drone was too much or it might have been for the mbrp system I can't remember lol that doesn't really scare me though since everyone has their own tolerance to drone so if I could I would rather hear both of them in person then decide. But I would also like to see what people have to say from the those that have it already.

You're welcome to swing by and check mine out... just a short drive away
Old 02-14-2017, 07:03 PM   #8
Jdelgado92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
You're welcome to swing by and check mine out... just a short drive away
OR OR...how about you ship it over here, I promise I'll send it right back...with the same milage on it..or more
Old 02-14-2017, 11:03 PM   #9
Jdelgado92

Update: I just said f*** it and bought it anyway. I'll either hate it or love it. Hopefully the latter but we'll see, I'll let you guys know. Now I'm excited, I was getting tired of the npp exhaust sound. I would have to open my windows to really enjoy it or down shift under a bridge lol stay tuned!
Old 02-15-2017, 09:34 AM   #10
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Update: I just said f*** it and bought it anyway. I'll either hate it or love it. Hopefully the latter but we'll see, I'll let you guys know. Now I'm excited, I was getting tired of the npp exhaust sound. I would have to open my windows to really enjoy it or down shift under a bridge lol stay tuned!
Please let us know how the drone situation is after your install. I'm definitely curious.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:39 AM   #11
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Haha hey you live once! What did you get, Flowmasters axlebacks? You'll love it but it will probably drone on Sport/Track.

If you can't stand the drone, just add in a 28" J-pipe and it will eliminate 80-90% of it.. Win-win
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:18 AM   #12
MXSG

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Awesome! I almost did the same and thought about just buying it last night, but now I'm going to hold off until I hear your thoughts.
MXSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:33 AM   #13
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Quote:
In that case I think you will be happy with your choice. Drone is what the interior resonance is called by people sensitive to it, but there are many who love it loud and mean both inside the car and out. Just don't expect to have a nice conversation on the phone via Bluetooth ever again without yelling at the mic and with the volume cranked all the way up if, if the drone is strong.

While you wait, another thing you can do to hear the exhaust more inside is fold down the back seat... the large hole that leads into the trunk will let in plenty of sound since there is no sound dampening in the trunk, its all in the back seat.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #14
Jdelgado92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
Haha hey you live once! What did you get, Flowmasters axlebacks? You'll love it but it will probably drone on Sport/Track.

If you can't stand the drone, just add in a 28" J-pipe and it will eliminate 80-90% of it.. Win-win
Haha I have come to realize if you live your life with a **** it attitude, you'll live a happier life
And yea I got the axle backs part # 817746
Around how much do you think those j pipes would run me, hopefully I won't need them
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXSG View Post
Awesome! I almost did the same and thought about just buying it last night, but now I'm going to hold off until I hear your thoughts.
Noooooo buy them. That way if they suck you get to suffer with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
In that case I think you will be happy with your choice. Drone is what the interior resonance is called by people sensitive to it, but there are many who love it loud and mean both inside the car and out. Just don't expect to have a nice conversation on the phone via Bluetooth ever again without yelling at the mic and with the volume cranked all the way up if, if the drone is strong.

While you wait, another thing you can do to hear the exhaust more inside is fold down the back seat... the large hole that leads into the trunk will let in plenty of sound since there is no sound dampening in the trunk, its all in the back seat.
i hope so and I already have to raise my voice whenever I talk on Bluetooth so I think I can over look that. But out of curiosity will putting my back seat down give a good idea of what the drone might be like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
Please let us know how the drone situation is after your install. I'm definitely curious.
I got you!