Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-17-2016, 05:29 PM   #1
jasonfichter

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
What is everyone paying?

Just curious to see what everyone is paying/going to pay upon delivery for the autos. Anyone getting decent discounts below msrp? My local dealer tried to tell me that the won't honor supplier pricing or any student discounts. Online it says that chevy honors the student discount even on the zl1's.

A dealer a bit further away said they had no problem giving me supplier discounts but they may not be able to do that when I take delivery of the car because the programs change. Is this true, or are they just trying to get me to place my order and then jack up the price?

Below is what my local dealer gave me today. They said they have an open allocation and can place as many orders as they want so I don't have to worry about losing my spot.
Attached Images

jasonfichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:18 PM   #2
thompstl1

The agreement with my dealer is that I will pay MSRP minus any discounts being offered at the time I take delivery (which is estimated at late March or early April).

I also wasn't able to order the carbon fiber dash insert. Dealer stated it may be available later... So between now and build date of Feb. 9th, he will check on availability.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:44 PM   #3
ZL1_Craig

Drives: 17 ZL1 HBM M6
My dealer that I ordered my car from wanted 5k over sticker. I got them to drop that but they wouldn't honor my supplier discount. Ended up at 65k which was sticker. Hope I didn't get screwed lol
ZL1_Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 07:45 PM   #4
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
I do see that on your order sheet they have it as retail stock and not retail sold. That might make a difference when it gets picked up. The discounts for the month of delivery will dictate pricing. I will be getting invoice plus my GM card points or supplier discount.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:36 PM   #5
gblaue

Drives: 2017 Bright Yellow ZL1 6spd
Yes, GM is giving the supplier discount. I got it on mine.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:31 PM   #6
jasonfichter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 View Post
I do see that on your order sheet they have it as retail stock and not retail sold. That might make a difference when it gets picked up. The discounts for the month of delivery will dictate pricing. I will be getting invoice plus my GM card points or supplier discount.
What needs to happen in order to have it listed as retail sold? Is it possible for them to mark it as retail sold so I can get the discounts from this month?

Also what is the processing option?
Old 12-18-2016, 05:28 AM   #7
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfichter View Post
What needs to happen in order to have it listed as retail sold? Is it possible for them to mark it as retail sold so I can get the discounts from this month?

Also what is the processing option?
You can only use the discounts available at delivery or when you do the paperwork, not the discounts now. Once there is an invoice you can do the paperwork early, but not always a wise choice. Retail sold doesn't effect the order getting pulled earlier, it has to do with dealer allocation on the ZL1.

The R8E Processing Option is on my order for $1,300. I believe it will be the Gas Guzzler Tax. If I build my car at chevy.com, MSRP is $1,300 less than my Workbench order MSRP.

Last edited by HyperBlueX2; 12-18-2016 at 05:50 AM.
HyperBlueX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 07:38 AM   #8
NB2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperblue16vert View Post
You can only use the discounts available at delivery or when you do the paperwork, not the discounts now. Once there is an invoice you can do the paperwork early, but not always a wise choice. Retail sold doesn't effect the order getting pulled earlier, it has to do with dealer allocation on the ZL1.

The R8E Processing Option is on my order for $1,300. I believe it will be the Gas Guzzler Tax. If I build my car at chevy.com, MSRP is $1,300 less than my Workbench order MSRP.
100%! Whatever deals , rebates or finance rates are on now have absolutely nothing to do with when you take delivery.

What's available for these deals at delivery is what you will get including finance rates at that time ...
Old 12-18-2016, 12:28 PM   #9
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompstl1 View Post
The agreement with my dealer is that I will pay MSRP minus any discounts being offered at the time I take delivery (which is estimated at late March or early April).

I also wasn't able to order the carbon fiber dash insert. Dealer stated it may be available later... So between now and build date of Feb. 9th, he will check on availability.
I have not seen any TPW's of 2/9 assigned... Is that a dealer guess?

GMS (employee) pricing for me...
Old 12-18-2016, 02:15 PM   #10
Biv08SS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Employee pricing is what we paid.
2016 Chevrolet 2500HD tow rig
Biv08SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 02:21 PM   #11
jasonfichter

When I take delivery obviously there won't be holiday pricing but, does chevy not offer supplier discounts and student pricing year round?
Old 12-18-2016, 03:00 PM   #12
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfichter View Post
When I take delivery obviously there won't be holiday pricing but, does chevy not offer supplier discounts and student pricing year round?
Yes, GM offers Supplier/Employee/Student pricing to qualified buyers anytime. Check with your employer to see if you qualify.
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #13
jasonfichter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
Yes, GM offers Supplier/Employee/Student pricing to qualified buyers anytime. Check with your employer to see if you qualify.
Thanks for the info
Old 12-18-2016, 05:10 PM   #14
thompstl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperblue16vert View Post
I have not seen any TPW's of 2/9 assigned... Is that a dealer guess?

GMS (employee) pricing for me...
I don't really know! Feb. 9th seems too specific for a guess.. but I don't really know where the date came from. Next time I'm in the dealership I'll ask a few more specifics.

I've paid my $1,000 down, they've bought my wife's trade-in, so now it's a waiting game!