Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-13-2016, 08:45 PM   #1
CaliSS85

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss
And The List Grows

OK, so lets count the reasons I have returned to the dealer. Or will be Returning in the future.

1. NPP Rattle (Replaced entire system after waiting a month for the exhaust to show up)

2. Leather on Driver Side Seat Replaced (came undone at the recline handle)

3. Returning for Warped Rotors

4. Returning for Pain issue on Hood (smudge thats under clear)

5. Oh ya....NPP Rattle on Second Exhaust System.

Heads are gunna roll
CaliSS85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:49 PM   #2
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
5 year old car.. not sure I see the issue?
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:56 PM   #3
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post
5 year old car.. not sure I see the issue?
I could be wrong but I don't believe the 2011 had NPP as an option so I assume they have a 6th gen and haven't updated their garage.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:31 PM   #4
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
Let seee....

So far I have;

Slow to start when doing a quick warm start after turning off (like a short fill up or ran in the house to grab something etc)

Tach gauge bounces during decel (techs did a "scan" didn't find crap) Starting bouncing right when I left the dealer, sent video to Tech and tech never responded so I decided to just live with it. If they don't care to return my texts after asking to be texted with more evidence, then I don't want to know what they'll do to my ride while it's being worked on regarding an issue that requires the entire dash to be torn apart. I'll hold off until I either trade in or want to sell it.

NPP rattle (epoxy on ceramic fix) I have a huge issue with this, but whatever; I wasn't going to put epoxy on my 900$ option. I let them do it, and if it comes back, the car is going straight back to the dealer.

MyLink touchscreen complete failure. Touch screen went completely unresponsive to touch for a day, came back after a cold start a few hours later. The MyLink went completely dark once, was the last straw, but low and behold Monday morning it booted up just fine.

Wheel ticking sound issue thing. This one is a funny one. My wheels are powder coated so I don't feel like going in for this and having the powder get destroyed... But I think I may have solved this myself by retorquing the wheels (bulletin says to clean hubs, i'll do this when I change the tires)

If it's any consolation; I had just as many problems with my ford.

Mechanically the car has been sound ! I went on a cruise with a few mustang buddies and completely decimated the 5.0's, so we do have that going for us.
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #5
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliSS85 View Post
OK, so lets count the reasons I have returned to the dealer. Or will be Returning in the future.

1. NPP Rattle (Replaced entire system after waiting a month for the exhaust to show up)

2. Leather on Driver Side Seat Replaced (came undone at the recline handle)

3. Returning for Warped Rotors

4. Returning for Pain issue on Hood (smudge thats under clear)

5. Oh ya....NPP Rattle on Second Exhaust System.

Heads are gunna roll

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:46 PM   #6
CaliSS85

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss
Sorry for the confusion, haven't updated profile since i bought 2016 SS.
CaliSS85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:10 PM   #7
gprox_69

Drives: 2LT/RS v2.0 & 2016 2SS
for some unfortunate reasons... i get having these 2016 camaro issues.. FIRST my 2LT: GPS issues that i had to go back in the dealership for 3-4 times.. i ended up trading it for a 2SS... now, the 2SS: rear diff sound issues and this door/dash squeaking.. worst is, my first dealership that worked on my car had me waiting 4-5 hrs onky to tell me that the sound was NORMAL and that they cant change my rear diff fluids since the one they have is the same fluids as the one that comes with the car when you purchase them.. damn!!! makes me dont want to purchase another camaro AGAIN!!!... theyve gotta be kidding me!!! a car worth around 45 gran should ALWAYS pass QC and be released without any issues... frustrating!!!!!
i dont just drive... i drive a CAMARO .. name is IRAQ.. born from blood and sweat.. ripping roads.. and now proud to announce, SPARKY, the new addition to the family.. my 2SS baby... #fasterthanaspeedingticket
gprox_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:19 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by gprox_69 View Post
...they cant change my rear diff fluids since the one they have is the same fluids as the one that comes with the car when you purchase them.. damn!!!
Can you go over this one again, for me?
Old 11-17-2016, 05:21 PM   #9
gprox_69

Drives: 2LT/RS v2.0 & 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Can you go over this one again, for me?
i meant they wont change the diff fluids since the one they have is the same as the one that came with the stock fluid (of my car) when i purchased it.. sounds dumb!?! --after hearing this reasons, i gathered myself and turned my back and went off. that was the most stupid explanation i got from them.
i dont just drive... i drive a CAMARO .. name is IRAQ.. born from blood and sweat.. ripping roads.. and now proud to announce, SPARKY, the new addition to the family.. my 2SS baby... #fasterthanaspeedingticket
gprox_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:41 PM   #10
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
i meant they wont change the diff fluids since the one they have is the same as the one that came with the stock fluid (of my car) when i purchased it.. sounds dumb!?! --after hearing this reasons, i gathered myself and turned my back and went off. that was the most stupid explanation i got from them.
So they refused to change it at all?

They didn't even want to put the OE-spec stuff they had back in?

Wow. My dealer is pretty bad - refused to put DOT-4 brake fluid in, even though the manual states they should...because "It's not the fluid that came with the car". But at least they swapped out the old brake fluid for new....

If I understand you correctly, that's crazy.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:14 AM   #11
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:
rear diff sound issues .. worst is, my first dealership that worked on my car had me waiting 4-5 hrs onky to tell me that the sound was NORMAL and that they cant change my rear diff fluids since the one they have is the same fluids as the one that comes with the car when you purchase them..
Speak with the service manager. The fluid is contaminated:

camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote