Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-06-2016, 08:56 PM   #1
mma

Drives: 1LE
Only had her for 2 months..

Fortunately everyone is okay

Last edited by mma; 04-14-2021 at 10:51 AM.
mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:08 PM   #2
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Sorry to see this, but glad the only damage was to the car. I know exactly how you feel, I was rear ended just a few months after owning mine. I would contact my insurance company immediately, pass all the info on to them and let them deal with it...that's what you pay them to do. Hope it works out when you make the claim; without a police report, he might claim (tell his insurance company) it was your fault. When I got hit, the guy was driving a rental and wanted to just exchange info and I said no, called and had the HP show up to make a full report. It was then documented by the police that not only did they determine it was his fault, he had admitted to it. As a result, I had no issues getting the rental company's insurance to pay for all the repairs. Good luck, hopefully it's fixed as good as new and you're back on the road soon.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:11 PM   #3
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
He had to cut someone off?

You should notify your insurance agent. They are supposed to back you up if his insurance fails at any part of the process. And your policy states they must be notified of any collision.
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #4
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Expect to hear the "it was your fault" from the other insurance co if they did not cite him or put in their report that he was at fault. I drive 3000 miles a month for work and have been hit 3 times in the last year....If I am injured i go straight to my lawyer not the insurance company. Hopefully you have full coverage with uninsured/under insured motorist coverage and high limits (or he does). Since your neck is hurt, as you probably already know, it will likely get worse and could cost you $$$$$$$$$$. If you do not currently carry high limits 100k/300K +, let this be a wake up call to get them! It is worth the extra few bucks a month to know that if someone else hurts you ( that has minimal coverage), you will still be able to pay your bills and not go BK. Glad you were not hurt bad, the car can be replaced, you can't!
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:13 AM   #5
Gayton81

Drives: 2012 2SSRS
Only had her for 2 months..

2 words... diminished value

Once their insurance takes fault for it, get an attorney and go after diminished value. Sorry for your car and glad you're ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2016, 05:37 AM   #6
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
In March, another motorist ran a stop sign and wiped the entire right side of mine. Police reports filed, insurance companies contacted. After I got mine back, you can't tell anything happened. It wound up being $6,300 worth of damage. I was worried, too. But everything came out fine. Cars are easily fixed, people are not.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:51 AM   #7
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Ummm...yea. He just had to cut someone off to get into that shopping plaza huh? They must've been having some pretty good sales. Here's a tip to the jackass that hit you: If you were unable to get over into the turning lane without cutting someone off, pass up the plaza, turn around and enter from the other direction. Now, you have to deal with hitting someone else's vehicle, raised insurance rates, etc.. Use your head people! I'm glad everyone is ok.

"Car in gear, brain in neutral.".

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:58 AM   #8
mma

Drives: 1LE
Appreciate all the replies so far. I wasn't clear in the OP, but the individual did get 3 tickets, one including a reckless and another including driving on an expired inspection.. police report has him as at fault and this will be conveyed to the insurance company very clearly.

And I wasn't exaggerating either, he actually said he had to cut someone off and that's why he came in hot.. instead of taking his time and taking the next turn at the intersection which would still lead him into the exact same said shopping center. Perhaps it was because of the grand opening of the Anitas restaurant as posted on the truck in the picture?

I'm glad I was in the car when this happened.. His 95 Jeep Cherokee bounced off my car and backed up like 10 feet before coming to a halt.. of course I didn't have my dash cam when this happened. Hopefully this will be a life experience for him not to do impulsive things like that, but I'm glad everyone is okay.
mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:26 AM   #9
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
First, call their insurance and get the ball rollin for them to send out the estimator....start lookin for a good body shop.....go to the ER and get checked out, cover your bases....diminished value is hard to get unless you are original owner...

I just went through all this, car in shop for 2 weeks.....sigh...peace out
Old 11-07-2016, 03:04 PM   #10
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I hope you got a police report.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:31 PM   #11
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Careful out there, you're dealing with people who can actually vote!
Old 11-07-2016, 08:39 PM   #12
Camaro EMT
10,060 Miles as of 06/21

Drives: ‘10 2SS/RS, ‘17 Colo ZR2, ‘98 Tahoe
Sorry this happened to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma View Post

I'm involved with fire and rescue..

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
go to the ER and get checked out
This ^^^, make sure that you've sustained no injuries that will flair up later on. If so, make sure you're appropriately compensated.
"All bleeding stops eventually." Camaro EMT

Patient: “This is my first time in an ambulance.”
Me: “Mine too.” LOL

Camaro EMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:18 AM   #13
Hilflos

Drives: 2015 1SS / RS NPP
Sorry to hear about it, and can identify too.

Bought mine in April of '15, June of '15 it was in the body shop. Someone just had to change lanes in front of me, for no discernible reason, and ran over a road gator about thirty feet ahead of me while doing so.

Right fender, bumper cover, a-pillar, hood, and right door all needed some level of attention, or repair, or replacement. Naturally was all on my insurance, as they just kept on going.

Today, you wouldn't know it from any examination of the car, and I'm probably more in love with it than I was then.

Sounds like you're coming at the whole experience with the right attitude. Get checked out just to make sure you're ok. Hang in there, and may all the bureaucracy and such go smoothly.
Hilflos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:42 PM   #14
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
So sorry to see this. Hope it gets foxed up with a minimum of trouble. Glad everyone is okay.