Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


Bigwormgraphix


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
Enator
 
Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 395
Exclamation August 2016 Camaro Sales Figures (and vs. Mustang & Challenger)

August 2016 Delivery (sales) Stats:

Camaro August 2016 Deliveries (actual sales): 5,604 -10% (Pr Ye)

Compared to Competition:

Mustang August 2016 Delivery (sales): 8,299 -17% (Pr Ye)
Challenger August 2016 Delivery (sales): 5,262 5% (Pr Ye)
Attached Images
         
Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:03 AM   #2
aestil
 
Drives: White
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 251
Seems good. I predicted mostly flat. Looks like Mustang had a bigger drop by % for the month based on year over year. Regardless of what GM wants, I think the Camaro is a sell 60k-70k units annually type of business.
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:04 AM   #3
brutusvk

 
Drives: future 2016 SS
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 847
Oddly enough, here in my area, I am finally seeing new Camaros on the road. Saw like 20 of them this week.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:14 AM   #4
90503


 
90503's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 14,380
Doesn't look like a drastic change for any of the three...

Mustang numbers are lower, but still much better than Camaro or Challenger....Still, I think nothing indicates doom and gloom for any of them...

Another month in the books....I would expect roughly the same for next month...We'll see...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:16 AM   #5
Posaune
 
Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Garage
Posts: 363
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:18 AM   #6
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,127
In a down month for BOTH competitors holding flat from July isn't too bad. And finally in the Number 2 slot for the month outselling FCA.

Not bad.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:21 AM   #7
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い
 
SS 1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,061
Improvement.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:27 AM   #8
shaffe


 
Drives: 21 Bronco
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Carol Stream
Posts: 6,020
Good to see Camaro stayed consistent with last month.

I actually expected a bit better from all 3. Chevy with the 10% off, Ford with the attractive financing and Dodge had shown some gains.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
Lets keep it simple. ..
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:30 AM   #9
cellsafemode


 
cellsafemode's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: California
Posts: 3,485
GM Authority says it's a combination of no incentives, high price and a relatively higher price than the 2015 which also does have incentives. Combined with competition that has incentives (mustang) and a lower price (mustang).

So it remains to be seen what GM's gameplan is. Not sure what else you'd expect sales wise when you dont advertise it, you dont do incentives for it, and you have lots of old stock from last year still to get rid of.

plus you're pricing the car out of your target market. Though i guess avoiding being in all the "running over people" memes is a plus.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:39 AM   #10
Posaune
 
Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Garage
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
GM Authority says it's a combination of no incentives, high price and a relatively higher price than the 2015 which also does have incentives. Combined with competition that has incentives (mustang) and a lower price (mustang).

So it remains to be seen what GM's gameplan is. Not sure what else you'd expect sales wise when you dont advertise it, you dont do incentives for it, and you have lots of old stock from last year still to get rid of.

plus you're pricing the car out of your target market. Though i guess avoiding being in all the "running over people" memes is a plus.
Not sure where they are getting the no incentives for the Camaro. There are several manufacturer and dealer incentives on 6th gens, especially the 2016s.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:41 AM   #11
shaffe


 
Drives: 21 Bronco
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Carol Stream
Posts: 6,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
GM Authority says it's a combination of no incentives, high price and a relatively higher price than the 2015 which also does have incentives. Combined with competition that has incentives (mustang) and a lower price (mustang).

So it remains to be seen what GM's gameplan is. Not sure what else you'd expect sales wise when you dont advertise it, you dont do incentives for it, and you have lots of old stock from last year still to get rid of.

plus you're pricing the car out of your target market. Though i guess avoiding being in all the "running over people" memes is a plus.
The GM Authority article is interesting.

Some things I took away from it that I thought were interesting


"Another vital factor is the price of the sixth-gen model over its predecessor. The starting price of the 2016 Camaro is $1,995 higher than that of the last-generation 2015 model. The difference grows to $3,490 for the V-6 engine, since the base 2016 Camaro is equipped with a turbo four-cylinder. SS models with the V-8 engine start at $2,795 more."

I did not realize from Gen 5 V6 to Gen 6 V6 was that high of a price jump.


Also interesting

"In speaking to Chevy, we got the sentiment that it “sucks” not being the sales champ."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
Lets keep it simple. ..
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:45 AM   #12
90503


 
90503's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 14,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
The GM Authority article is interesting.

Some things I took away from it that I thought were interesting


"Another vital factor is the price of the sixth-gen model over its predecessor. The starting price of the 2016 Camaro is $1,995 higher than that of the last-generation 2015 model. The difference grows to $3,490 for the V-6 engine, since the base 2016 Camaro is equipped with a turbo four-cylinder. SS models with the V-8 engine start at $2,795 more."

I did not realize from Gen 5 V6 to Gen 6 V6 was that high of a price jump.


Also interesting

"In speaking to Chevy, we got the sentiment that it “sucks” not being the sales champ."
The Gen5 V6 had a bare bones, less expensive "LS" model available.

The Gen6 does not include a lesser equipped LS. The LTs are now the base model.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:48 AM   #13
cellsafemode


 
cellsafemode's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: California
Posts: 3,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
Not sure where they are getting the no incentives for the Camaro. There are several manufacturer and dealer incentives on 6th gens, especially the 2016s.
I only see one for the camaro. Local dealer sales do not apply since dealers can do whatever they want within reason. This was in regards to Chevy.

0% apr isn't that amazing of an incentive either since the people who qualify for that are already qualifying for extremely low (2% or less) loans.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:51 AM   #14
aestil
 
Drives: White
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
The Gen5 V6 had a bare bones, less expensive "LS" model available.

The Gen6 does not include a lesser equipped LS. The LTs are now the base model.
Yeah, I'm guessing that they didn't sell than many of that completely stripped down base model, but I also wouldn't be surprised if that super low priced model got people into dealerships where upselling them to an LT was really easy.

With the 'lowest' price being so much higher than it used to be, people might just be looking elsewhere.

Anyways, I think i'm out of this game now, pretty sure when my other car is paid off I'll replace my 2004 Civic with some low mileage certified used commuter car for literally 1/2 the price of a Camaro.

It's not that I can't 'afford' it, its that I can't justify it.
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.