Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 05-01-2016, 05:32 PM   #1
fussboss

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Glow Tie question

Hello all - quick question about the glow tie that I did not see an answer for. The question is when is this on? Is it as long as the car is on the glow tie is on like DRL? Or can you turn it on/off when you like? Also is it bright/noticeable during the day?
fussboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:27 PM   #2
Gettingood
2016 2SS NPP MRC Glowtie

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fussboss View Post
Hello all - quick question about the glow tie that I did not see an answer for. The question is when is this on? Is it as long as the car is on the glow tie is on like DRL? Or can you turn it on/off when you like? Also is it bright/noticeable during the day?
I have a glow tie and it is always on. You cannot see it during the day. It is not something I would have ordered on a car but it was on my car when I bought it from Becky. Now that I have it, it has grown on me and I like it. I have gotten a few comments on it.
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2016, 11:23 PM   #3
fattyz28

Drives: 20 2SS 1LE
Might be a dumb question but can you replace the inserts with black ones without losing its function?
fattyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:35 PM   #4
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

Drives: Not a VVette…yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyz28 View Post
Might be a dumb question but can you replace the inserts with black ones without losing its function?
Very few questions are actually dumb questions.

The cost and work of replacing the gold part would make that pointless. Instead, just plastidip the gold part to black, or add a black vinyl cover to it.

Chevy has also hinted that a black glow-tie is on the way. No time frame given for that. I have decided to order a car with regular black bow ties for now, and will order and install the black glow-tie when available.
BowtieV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 03:48 PM   #5
fussboss

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingood View Post
I have a glow tie and it is always on. You cannot see it during the day. It is not something I would have ordered on a car but it was on my car when I bought it from Becky. Now that I have it, it has grown on me and I like it. I have gotten a few comments on it.
Very cool - thank you for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyz28 View Post
There is a black one you can get based on the parts sites it just came out.

Gold - 23380121

Black - 23393028

I was thinking about getting the black one for my '14 since it looks like from the information I can find the bowties are the same for the 14/15 and the 16. Still need to confirm 100% on that.
fussboss is offline   Reply With Quote