Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-20-2016, 09:39 PM   #1
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
The waiting officially began today

Dropped my ride off at Jannetty today. My Heartbeat and ceramic coated AR long tubes came in. The guys from Cold Air Inductions were there, but I didn't have time to stick around and talk to them. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anxious. So far I've racked up about 1100 miles and so far so good. I think I either got really lucky or they just built my car late enough where all of the early issues got corrected (no oil pan recall, rear-end noise, or NPP rattle). Not even a blemish inside our out - even my trunk hinges were perfectly painted. I changed my oil to some extreme performance Mobile 1 synthetic the day before as a precaution...probably more so to give me some peace of mind LOL. Anyway hopefully the good luck continues. In Ted we trust. He should be sending photos as things move along. I'll share any new info as I get it.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:46 PM   #2
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
I'm stoked for ya bud, something tells me you're gonna love it.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:13 PM   #3
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Dropped my ride off at Jannetty today. My Heartbeat and ceramic coated AR long tubes came in. The guys from Cold Air Inductions were there, but I didn't have time to stick around and talk to them. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anxious. So far I've racked up about 1100 miles and so far so good. I think I either got really lucky or they just built my car late enough where all of the early issues got corrected (no oil pan recall, rear-end noise, or NPP rattle). Not even a blemish inside our out - even my trunk hinges were perfectly painted. I changed my oil to some extreme performance Mobile 1 synthetic the day before as a precaution...probably more so to give me some peace of mind LOL. Anyway hopefully the good luck continues. In Ted we trust. He should be sending photos as things move along. I'll share any new info as I get it.
Congrats!

BTW, awesome LesBaer..

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:31 AM   #4
MIAMI2SSRS

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS Camaro
Sweeeet!!! Congratulations, sir!! As you said, please keep us posted as the buildup happens.
MIAMI2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:29 AM   #5
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
You know when your trunk hinges are painted properly your super charger install will go good...

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:31 AM   #6
LesBaer
FMPG

Hahaha...I know that was ridiculous. I was just trying to make myself feel better after signing that indemnity clause when I dropped off the car LOL.

Thanks for everything guys. I'll post updates and photos as soon as I can.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

Old 04-21-2016, 03:56 PM   #7
ussj4brolli

Drives: 2x 94:Z28s - 2x95:Z28s - 1x16:1LT
Awe damn, so if they blow up your car your not covered? make sure they put it all back together so you can take it back and get another engine lol
ussj4brolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #8
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussj4brolli View Post
Awe damn, so if they blow up your car your not covered? make sure they put it all back together so you can take it back and get another engine lol
Yup, that's the way it works...and why you have to find a good tuner who knows the LT1 It's also what makes the heartbeat such a good choice for someone who's not building a professional race/drag car. It's so efficient, reliable and well put together. You don't need a lot of boost to see results.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:57 AM   #9
crabman

Drives: Sniffin the tree.
I would search but I'm on a ridiculously slow connection... Are the headers with a single hi flow or maybe you're going sans cat? Do you have plans for adding a blower cam, heads, etc. No, not implying you should, just wondering if this is step one. Should be a beast when you get er back, I'm jealous in a good way, I'd about need to drink myself to sleep.
crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:14 AM   #10
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
I would search but I'm on a ridiculously slow connection... Are the headers with a single hi flow or maybe you're going sans cat? Do you have plans for adding a blower cam, heads, etc. No, not implying you should, just wondering if this is step one. Should be a beast when you get er back, I'm jealous in a good way, I'd about need to drink myself to sleep.
Thanks guys, it'll be fun, that's for sure. They actually just called and are starting the headers today. Tomorrow's their open house, so I doubt much will get done, but I could have it back by next Friday if I'm lucky.

I'm going with AR's long system w/cats and keeping the NPP and stock mufflers in place. I've also got the Mishimoto catch can, pre-ordered the MRR 1LE replicas (20x10, 20x11) and will be adding the Cold Air Inductions air intake for the Heartbeat down the road once it's available. They just took measurements for it off of Ted's personal car, so there's no ETA for it yet. I think that will be it for a while for performance upgrades. As far as I know, there are no other proven options out there for a cam, heads, etc...yet at least.

For me personally, I didn't want to go too crazy by adding a ton of boost or having to switch over to meth. I wanted to keep it DD friendly, low maintenance and reliable. I'm not going to be drag racing or anything like that. Headers and the Heartbeat ticked all my boxes and were the best option out there (risk/reward) for what I wanted. I think if I went any further, I'd have to update the fuel system. Idk...we'll see what Ted says after he gets it on the dyno

Old 04-22-2016, 12:27 PM   #11
MIAMI2SSRS

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS Camaro
Very happy for you, sir!! Of course I am a bit jealous
MIAMI2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 01:22 PM   #12
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
good job! I know your car was built around the same time as mine, unfortunately I only have about 329 miles and trying to find every excuse to drive it (with 4 kids its sorta hard) but my plan was to obtain a heartbeat after the first year. Try to enjoy the N/A feeling first.. Sounds like you had this planned all along! It is a good feeling to have most of the stuff worked out and yes, I do consider myself lucky as well that most of the issues have been rectified..
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:23 PM   #13
crabman

Drives: Sniffin the tree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Thanks guys, it'll be fun, that's for sure. They actually just called and are starting the headers today. Tomorrow's their open house, so I doubt much will get done, but I could have it back by next Friday if I'm lucky.

I'm going with AR's long system w/cats and keeping the NPP and stock mufflers in place. I've also got the Mishimoto catch can, pre-ordered the MRR 1LE replicas (20x10, 20x11) and will be adding the Cold Air Inductions air intake for the Heartbeat down the road once it's available. They just took measurements for it off of Ted's personal car, so there's no ETA for it yet. I think that will be it for a while for performance upgrades. As far as I know, there are no other proven options out there for a cam, heads, etc...yet at least.

For me personally, I didn't want to go too crazy by adding a ton of boost or having to switch over to meth. I wanted to keep it DD friendly, low maintenance and reliable. I'm not going to be drag racing or anything like that. Headers and the Heartbeat ticked all my boxes and were the best option out there (risk/reward) for what I wanted. I think if I went any further, I'd have to update the fuel system. Idk...we'll see what Ted says after he gets it on the dyno
I'm a guy that has modded that one step too far and made the car worse than it was before, knowing when to stop is an important skill. I was curious about the headers because I was thinking right from the test drive that the NPP with a set of long tubes and high flows might be the middle bear sound. You know, not too loud, not too quiet. I'll be interested in your impressions when you get rolling.
crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:03 AM   #14
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
LesBaer, wishing you good luck on this build. What has my attention is that Ted received a Heartbeat back in Feb and has not posted up any info or numbers. He claims he is covered up and dyno busy but I wonder if he had issues with blower or install. Not to rain on your build but I wish he would respond to the post he started back in Feb as to his opinions and observations. Curious minds want to know. Again, good luck an perhaps you will keep us informed.
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote