Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-26-2016, 10:27 PM   #1
Wiskey

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro
1LT rear speaker install, is it easy?

Hello!

I have a 1LT V6 6 Speed and I love it! But I find the stereo to be lacking somewhat, I don't have the 6 speaker bose system.

I noticed that there are 2 holes for good size speakers in the rear deck lid, maybe even 6x9's that are totally empty on my car. I was wondering, can I just install speakers there? Do I have the wiring from the factory amp to hook them up? Or would I have to replace the amp, or part of the stereo too?

Thank you!
Whiskey
Wiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:46 PM   #2
Chris07

Drives: White LT, V6, Auto, RS
I plan to cut in at the factory amp outputs for existing rear speakers and I'll drive two 6x9's with a processor and amp. The amp is a 5 channel that will also drive new fronts and a sub. I'll do the 6x9's and sub and I'll have a pro do the door install. You can find wiring diagrams and details from other posts. There is enough out there to figure it out if you are inclined to DYI. I expect to have to make some sort of adapter or mod because the rear deck location has brackets that are custom to the Bose speakers and I'm not sure how the new ones will fit.
Chris07 is offline   Reply With Quote