Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-23-2016, 08:39 AM   #1
CamaroGang_BANGBANG

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Need Foglight Help

At some point this week, between now and over the weekend, im supposed to be getting factory foglights install in the camaro. The headlights already have hids, so my question is would i need to purchase another hid kit for the fog lights. Tried a bit of researching to no avail.
CamaroGang_BANGBANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:26 AM   #2
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
It's my understanding that HID's will melt the plastic housing on the factory foglights. Not to mention you will blind all on coming traffic without using projectors.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:44 AM   #3
shnormo

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro
The factory "fog" lights are actually running lights and don't spread the light pattern anyways.

If you're going for looks, just install some good quality LED bulbs to match the headlight color and call it a day.
shnormo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:34 PM   #4
Oscarc2011

Drives: Camaro V6
To answer your question yes you need another kit if you want HIDs in your fog lights. Just like they all said you will be blinding oncoming drivers, what I did was adjust the screw on the fog assembly to aim the fog lights downward and it shouldn't be that bad. I'm currently running a 35w kit in my fog lights and haven't seen any melting in my housings.
Oscarc2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:49 PM   #5
davesnever

Drives: mine
HID Fogs here too for over a year now and no heat issues and yes I readjusted mine too but they honestly were not too bad to begin with. I suppose they operate under the same principal as other vehicles who have lights mounted higher, the higher they are the more intense they seem. So the fogs being so low are really not a nuisance at that height unless you purposely aim them higher. Lots of trucks seem to have blinding headlights, but I usually only notice it when I'm in my Camaro. Get in my Equinox and the problem dissappears, strange,lol jk!
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:10 PM   #6
Oscarc2011

Drives: Camaro V6
Completely agree with davesnever it shouldn't be much of a problem since the Camaro is low. This is the kit I am currently running http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MWP...rch&th=1&psc=1 just in case you want to know more about the kit
Oscarc2011 is offline   Reply With Quote