Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 03-20-2016, 07:10 PM   #1
blazing_nitro

Drives: 2016 1SS
BMW Staggered Rims

Traded my BMW 335i for the new Camaro.

Decided to test fitting my 18” BMW rims on the Camaro for a future winter setup. Actually calling for snow this week here so may have to get new rubber.

Rim Specs:

Front: 18”, Width=8.5, Offset=34
Rear: 18”, Width=9.5, Offset=34

Lots of clearance more than finger all around. Front struts clear. Was surprised how little clearance the stock tires have from the rubber to the lower strut spring perch. Have to make sure not to go to larger overall diameter for winter setup.

Hope this helps.

Please keep in mind the overall tire diameter (rubber) is way small by few inches.
Attached Images

blazing_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:16 PM   #2
blazing_nitro

Forgot to mention that the hub bore diameter is larger in the BMW rims.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:01 AM   #3
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Thanks, that's interesting. Can you post some profile shots of it on the ground so we can see what the wheel gap looks like?
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:31 AM   #4
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
If it's for snow tires, I would think function>form.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:50 AM   #5
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazing_nitro View Post
Forgot to mention that the hub bore diameter is larger in the BMW rims.
That's all that is needed for a set, it makes mounting a PITA but if you get it all centered it will be fine. The Hubs bore really doesn't see loading when driving if you properly torque your lugs.

Also Im not sure what lugs you are using I am assuming the Camaros but you need to ensure the seat angle is the same for the wheel and the lug nuts.

thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:06 PM   #6
blazing_nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Thanks, that's interesting. Can you post some profile shots of it on the ground so we can see what the wheel gap looks like?
Sorry the tires where only on temporarily to test fit the rim but you got me curious too now.

Overall diameter is like 4 inches smaller so ride height would be like 2 inches lower to the ground.

Also weight of the stock Camaro wheels and tires was surprisingly heavy guessing around 70 lbs. My 18's feel like feather weight in comparison like 40 lbs. Once I put in the correct tires like 245/60/R18 it will weight more but I'm also guessing less than 20's.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:08 PM   #7
blazing_nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
That's all that is needed for a set, it makes mounting a PITA but if you get it all centered it will be fine. The Hubs bore really doesn't see loading when driving if you properly torque your lugs.

Also Im not sure what lugs you are using I am assuming the Camaros but you need to ensure the seat angle is the same for the wheel and the lug nuts.

Thanks good to know and I will check. I have a set of BMW lugs but don't think the threads are same so can't reuse.