Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-25-2016, 08:27 AM   #1
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Before I go to the dealer.

So I am still experiencing that occasional vibration when driving at a steady pace (strong vibration near parking brake) and weird vibration while reversing with the wheels turned. The dealer sent me packing when they could not recreate the issue. Now my question is should I return the car to stock (tune) before going to the dealer? I have no check engine light so I do not see a reason why they'd check to see if it's tuned. Also it did this even before I tuned it.
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:36 AM   #2
DILLIGAF

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6 Rapid Blue
definitely return to stock, they can and will blame the tune all day if they find out about it.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:40 AM   #3
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Its hard to say for sure but I assume they will try to convince you it is the AFM and if they drive it they will be looking for it to engage/disengage & of course it won't being disabled..... Thats what always happened when I brought my car in for any vibe issues. I had a problem with my gas pedal vibrating and they blamed the AFM.

Of course I was using a Range back then so I knew it wasn't that and pulled it before they test drove it. I gave up and it has since pretty much gone away oddly enough. If it were mine I would return to stock because it is a drivability issue you are having.

If they determine the car is tuned they would surely blame that and I wouldn't give them that opportunity especially since the tune has nothing to do with it obviously.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:42 AM   #4
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
First off, if you believe the problem is suspension or driveshaft related, and there's no CEL, I wouldn't bother. Other's always suggest returning the tune to stock, but the fact is, that doesn't hide that the car had an aftermarket tune on it. If they want to find it, they can easily.

If your dealership is mod friendly at all, it shouldn't be an issue if the problem isn't related to a tune at all.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:58 AM   #5
xrivera91

My local dealership is barely friendly as it is so I'm sure them being mod friendly is out of the question. I am going to go to a different dealership that folks in my area have had better luck with. I know it's simple to just return to stock but it can bEcole a headache especially if you know it has nothing to do with the tune/mods
Old 02-25-2016, 09:05 AM   #6
Reichler

Drives: 2004 GTO & 2005 GTO
There's no point in returning the tune to stock. Even if you do, and the dealer wants to check, they will see that another tune file was written previously. You'll be in the same boat regardless.
Reichler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:01 AM   #7
qcman

One thing that would be very obvious if the car is test driven is the transmission tune as it is so different from stock. Once the tech's head bounces off the headrest on the 1-2 shift lol he will wonder....As to seeing the tune I believe they have to send the data to GM to see the flash counts if I recall correctly. Don't quote me on that one though.

I don't think they would check for a flash unless there was an obvious signs of a tune though. But whatever you decide report back as I'm interested in how this goes and what they find with your car. I have had similar issues along the way with a vibe at steady speeds say around 70 mph or so although since Steve tuned my car it is much better in that regard too.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:42 AM   #8
xrivera91

I will definitely report back what it is that's going on. And those shifts are really aggressive lol. Only reason I don't want to put the stock tune back on is it'll throw a code they'll see the code run a diagnostic and try to charge me for it because of the headers.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #9
qcman

Oh I didn't realize you had headers too so yeah no point setting it back to stock just to have the O2's throw a code that will cause more trouble.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:41 PM   #10
xrivera91

Darn okay thanks guys.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:15 AM   #11
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
id put it back to stock just incase they update it. I assume you have a handheld tuner? If they reprogram it your tuner will be locked.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:56 AM   #12
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
I love the assumptions in this thread. Why would the dealership blame suspension vibration on a tune? I guess they could blame it on the headers he has too...better put those manifolds back on bud.

They're not going to just run codes if your CEL is on. They have to get your permission for diagnosis first. Just tell the advisor that you know the CEL is on and that you're not worried about it and that you know what it is. Problem solved.

Now, if the dealership is a bunch of douchebags, well, no one can help you with that lol
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:55 AM   #13
qcman

^ Speaking of assumptions what makes you so sure its a suspension vibration that's the problem?
Old 03-02-2016, 09:24 AM   #14
xrivera91

I personally don't think it hashould to do with suspension as it happens while accelerating but again in no mechanic. I think it could be a trans issue or the drive shaft